Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Strange how Brexiters (from listening to LBC) are so concerned about the fishing industry and those people losing their jobs despite more people losing jobs at Arcadia in 1 week, yet steelworkers and miners losing jobs and industries being decimated was a neccesary evil.]

Something tells me they like the nationalistic tit for tat and couldn't give a fig about the fisherpeople

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Utterly wacky. It's almost like you don't read the posts you respond to. Nowhere did I deny that there would be pressure to adopt a common position or pretend that such things don't happen. My point was that as a sovereign nation the UK would, as a member of the EU, have been able to resist such pressure if it wished to. See Schengen and the euro.

Excellent, then we agree that we are no longer exposed to those pressures which we are more likely to give in to (Schengen/Euro exemptions being the exceptions rather than the rule) because we are no longer members of the EU.

While we are on this topic here's an amusing article from the Guardian pushing project fear which I'm sure one of the #teameu crew must have posted on here at some point ...

Brexit means coronavirus vaccine will be slower to reach the UK

In an article published today on the Guardian website, the academics and lawyers say Boris Johnson’s determination to “go it alone”, free of EU regulation, after Brexit means the UK will probably have to join other non-EU countries in a queue to acquire the vaccine after EU member states have had it, and on less-favourable terms....

The UK will leave the European Medicines Agency (EMA), the body responsible for the scientific evaluation, supervision and safety monitoring of medicines, at the end of the transition period on 30 December. This means it will no longer be part of the EU’s regulatory regime, which allows for “accelerated assessment” of products developed by drugs companies during a pandemic.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/14/coronavirus-vaccine-delays-brexit-ema-expensive

:lolol::facepalm:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Excellent, then we agree that we are no longer exposed to those pressures which we are more likely to give in to (Schengen/Euro exemptions being the exceptions rather than the rule) because we are no longer members of the EU.

While we are on this topic here's an amusing article from the Guardian pushing project fear which I'm sure one of the #teameu crew must have posted on here at some point ...

In an article published today on the Guardian website, the academics and lawyers say Boris Johnson’s determination to “go it alone”, free of EU regulation, after Brexit means the UK will probably have to join other non-EU countries in a queue to acquire the vaccine after EU member states have had it, and on less-favourable terms....

The UK will leave the European Medicines Agency (EMA), the body responsible for the scientific evaluation, supervision and safety monitoring of medicines, at the end of the transition period on 30 December. This means it will no longer be part of the EU’s regulatory regime, which allows for “accelerated assessment” of products developed by drugs companies during a pandemic.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/14/coronavirus-vaccine-delays-brexit-ema-expensive

Hey! The old 'Project Fear' trope makes a comeback. I thought you'd lost it down the back of your sofa.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Strange how Brexiters (from listening to LBC) are so concerned about the fishing industry and those people losing their jobs despite more people losing jobs at Arcadia in 1 week, yet steelworkers and miners losing jobs and industries being decimated was a neccesary evil.]

Something tells me they like the nationalistic tit for tat and couldn't give a fig about the fisherpeople

Even stranger how numerous Remoaners* usually in their social media echo chamber bang on about how insignificant fishing industry jobs are in relation to the wider economy when many people in the fishing industry identify EC/EU membership/common fishing policy as a significant reason why the Uk fishing industry has diminished in importance ...

* A tiresome label I know but always important to separate the Remainer extremist fringe who spend an inordinate amount of time whining about Brexit online from the vast majority of remain voters who accept democratic outcomes and get on with their lives.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Hey! The old 'Project Fear' trope makes a comeback. I thought you'd lost it down the back of your sofa.

It's a brave move to bring it back given all that stuff which used to be "Project Fear" which is now happening or about to happen. In fact virtually all of it.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

presumably EMA ratification will be replaced by some similar UK body? Or do we just take stuff cos Boris said it's alright? Call me a stick in the mud but I rather like consumer protections and safety, especially when we're led by people who you wonder how they manage to dress themselves in the morning

34425300-8842777-image-a-35_1602761076957.jpg

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Brace yourselves folks, surprise surprise, the " Easiest deal in history " and when we vote to leave " We hold ALL the Cards " and that other old chestnut " Frictionless Trade " seems to have gone tits up as expected. I'd recommend buying a 25kg sack of spuds and 3lb of Butter, its going to get messy real quick.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55191432

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here