Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
With one or two exceptions, NSC's Brexit enthusiasts have always belonged to this faction. The fact the the OBR report that a no-deal Brexit would add 300,000 extra job losses to the funeral pyre is of no interest to them.

Is that a different 300,000 forecasted job losses to the 500,000 forecasted project fear job losses that never materialised (instead we had record employment before Covid hit)?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Is that a different 300,000 forecasted job losses to the 500,000 forecasted project fear job losses that never materialised (instead we had record employment before Covid hit)?

You'd better ask the Treasury-funded public body established by the government to provide independent economic forecasts and analyses that provided the data. While you're on you could ask them about the four percent hit to GDP they suggest Brexit will cause even with a deal.

Alternatively you could bounce up and down shouting about weasels and loons.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
You'd better ask the Treasury-funded public body established by the government to provide independent economic forecasts and analyses that provided the data. While you're on you could ask them about the four percent hit to GDP they suggest Brexit will cause even with a deal.

Alternatively you could bounce up and down shouting about weasels and loons.

What sort of track record do they have in economic/employment forecasting? Couldn't be worse than the treasury shirley. It must be ever so impressive as you appear to believe everything they say.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
What sort of track record do they have in economic/employment forecasting? Couldn't be worse than the treasury shirley. It must be ever so impressive as you appear to believe everything they say.

For the first time ever, you have actually sparked my interest, albeit not in a good way.

What makes you think 'I must log off that account and into this one before I answer'?

Even though everyone on here knows it's still you. I have to say for once, you have me completely beaten. It's a little bit weird to say the least :shrug:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Your friend might have been onto something...

[TWEET]1332003402352615429[/TWEET]

fisheries unlocks the deadlock. EU accept change on quotas, then UK gives elsewhere. Barnier told them this back in October, wonder if will listen this time.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
fisheries unlocks the deadlock. EU accept change on quotas, then UK gives elsewhere. Barnier told them this back in October, wonder if will listen this time.

I'm sure fish will replace financial services losses...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Emily Thornberry. :D:lol:

I'm not sure yet you realise quite what a self-own this actually is. That you consider Emily Thornberry to be a terrible politician and yet even someone as awful as her was able to easily pull apart one of the big "Team Brexit" wins.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I'm not sure yet you realise quite what a self-own this actually is. That you consider Emily Thornberry to be a terrible politician and yet even someone as awful as her was able to easily pull apart one of the big "Team Brexit" wins.

Can you explain what 'a self-own' is?

Means nothing to me whatsoever, something a 16 year old might use.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Can you explain what 'a self-own' is?

Means nothing to me whatsoever, something a 16 year old might use.

I believe that 'a self own' is when you point out from her department's own figures that Liz Truss has managed to negotiate a wonderful new Japan/UK deal that has lessened the increase in UK exports from £4.3B down to £2.6B and lessened the increase in UK GDP down from £2.6B to £1.5B from the Japan/EU deal that we had :facepalm:

I do seem to spend a lot of time on this thread explaining things to you, but there's no need to thank me.

Are you on shifts now ? You in the morning, fresh and bright, and JCFG when you've, sorry, he's had a few drinks and getting angry ?

Last edited:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I would think that 'a self own' is when you point out from her department's own figures that Liz Truss has managed to negotiate a wonderful new Japan/UK deal that has lessened the increase in UK exports from £4.3B down to £2.6B and lessened the increase in UK GDP down from £2.6B to £1.5B from the Japan/EU deal

I think I would probably call that a self own :facepalm:

Are you on shifts now ? You in the morning, fresh and bright, and JCFG when you've, sorry, he's had a few drinks and getting angry ?

Oh no, Susie Dent's appeared.

Still no definition of self own though.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Oh no, Susie Dent's appeared.

Still no definition of self own though.

You've forgotten my thumbs up again :down:

*edit* Thanks, but I really shouldn't have to remind you (although, if you're in a good mood, there's all my posts you forgot when you were angry still haven't got a thumbs up)

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I bet you pay for that sort of thing.

And you forgot the thumbs up again :facepalm:

I'm really not that bothered, but remember when you kept getting POTG and JCFG mixed up, we had that chat about you pretending to be two different people ? And that if you insist on carrying on pretending, It's very important that you keep each character consistent and not mix up their posts - Remember ?

Just trying to help :bigwave:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

Ah, the old conspiracy of experts trope. One expert gets something wrong so let's imply that your average expert knows nothing more than a Kentucky pick-up driver or an English football forum shouter. The easiest, laziest argument of them all.

I am not clever enough to say I agree or disagree with everything the OBR (established by the Tory Party in 2010) says but given its reputation I tend to give its statements more credence than I give ppf's for example, or yours, or the Daily Express's.

A couple of independant assessments of the OBR below. If you can find a forecast that contrasts with the OBR's perhaps you could post a few details about the authors' background.

According to the International Monetary Fund’s Fiscal Transparency Evaluation for the UK, the depth and breadth of the economic and fiscal analysis published by the OBR “can be considered as best-practice, and could be used as a benchmark by other advanced countries”. “While it is still relatively early in its track record, the OBR’s forecasting record indicates a lower degree of bias than under the Treasury forecasting regime.”

European Fiscal Board of the European Commission argued in its 2018 Annual Report that the OBR has retained “a high degree of public trust in its ability to provide objective assessments of the macroeconomic outlook and public finances”.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
And you forgot the thumbs up again :facepalm:

I'm really not that bothered, but remember when you kept getting POTG and JCFG mixed up, we had that chat about you pretending to be two different people ? And that if you insist on carrying on pretending, It's very important that you keep each character consistent and not mix up their posts - Remember ?

Just trying to help :bigwave:

Both POTG and JCFG think I'm on the dole, pure coincidence both uniquely hold this view

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here