Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I've made you a little something to save you having to type so much in future.

No need to thank me, I'm off out now, have fun :bigwave:

tenor.gif

Jan 30, 2008
I really can't keep up with the daily Brexit stories, so maybe just this link for pages of them from the national press (including a fair selection regardless of deal or no deal :facepalm:)

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/brexit?ocid=mailsignout

Highlights today

No-deal Brexit could disrupt medicines and vaccine delivery, industry warns

Brexit news – live: Boris Johnson warned six months of port ‘mayhem’ ahead in 2021, even if trade deal agreed

EU tells banks to trade derivatives inside bloc after Brexit

UK auto industry warns of £55bn blow from 'no-deal' Brexit

Trial of Brexit border checks causes five-mile lorry queues in Kent

Brexit could affect economy for longer than COVID - BoE's Saunders

Biden’s secretary of state pick compared Brexit to ‘a dog being run over by a car'

Brexit and International Driving Permits: what you need to know

Secret Cabinet Office Brexit memo warns of 'economic crisis'

But it's probably all Project Fear though isn't it ???

Tick tock

Hey Watfrord bloke ,could you give us a time scale on all the Doom and gloom thanks
Regards
DF

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I really can't keep up with the daily Brexit stories, so maybe just this link for pages of them from the national press (including a fair selection regardless of deal or no deal :facepalm:)

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/brexit?ocid=mailsignout

Highlights today

No-deal Brexit could disrupt medicines and vaccine delivery, industry warns

Brexit news – live: Boris Johnson warned six months of port ‘mayhem’ ahead in 2021, even if trade deal agreed

EU tells banks to trade derivatives inside bloc after Brexit

UK auto industry warns of £55bn blow from 'no-deal' Brexit

Trial of Brexit border checks causes five-mile lorry queues in Kent

Brexit could affect economy for longer than COVID - BoE's Saunders

Biden’s secretary of state pick compared Brexit to ‘a dog being run over by a car'

Brexit and International Driving Permits: what you need to know

Secret Cabinet Office Brexit memo warns of 'economic crisis'

But it's probably all Project Fear though isn't it ???

Tick tock

to which can be added yesterday's update from the centrist Resolution Foundation: "The scarring effects of Covid on the economy could cost every adult in Britain £1000... but the long-term effect of Brexit on the economy will be even bigger with households having already felt that via higher inflation in recent years and private sector investment growth slowing significantly."

Jan 30, 2008
to which can be added yesterday's update from the centrist Resolution Foundation: "The scarring effects of Covid on the economy could cost every adult in Britain £1000... but the long-term effect of Brexit on the economy will be even bigger with households having already felt that via higher inflation in recent years and private sector investment growth slowing significantly."

I'll ask you the same question , can you give me a time scale for all the doom and gloom ? , thanks
Regards
DF

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Brexit nitwits on NSC now demanding answers from remainers after 4 years of being asked what the benefits will be, and being unable to answer other than flippant one liners :lol:
Provide comprehensive list of benefits to this national self harm.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
More great news on Brexit. Now that we've turned out backs on those pesky Europeans we can concentrate on our real mates - the special relationship with the US of A. Oh hang on.........(from The Independent)

Joe Biden’s reported pick for the role of America’s top diplomat has referred to Brexit as “a total mess”, raised concerns over its effect on the Good Friday Agreement and compared it to a dog being run over by a car.

Boris Johnson faces a challenge in developing a relationship with Mr Biden as close as he managed with his predecessor — with the president-elect having previously referred to him as the UK premier as the “physical and emotional clone of Trump”.

And his potentially terse relationship with the US leader comes at a time of critical importance for the UK as a trade deal between the two marks a key element of the nation’s post-Brexit plan.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
More great news on Brexit. Now that we've turned out backs on those pesky Europeans we can concentrate on our real mates - the special relationship with the US of A. Oh hang on.........(from The Independent)

Joe Biden’s reported pick for the role of America’s top diplomat has referred to Brexit as “a total mess”, raised concerns over its effect on the Good Friday Agreement and compared it to a dog being run over by a car.

Boris Johnson faces a challenge in developing a relationship with Mr Biden as close as he managed with his predecessor — with the president-elect having previously referred to him as the UK premier as the “physical and emotional clone of Trump”.

And his potentially terse relationship with the US leader comes at a time of critical importance for the UK as a trade deal between the two marks a key element of the nation’s post-Brexit plan.

Johnson really thought Trump was his Trump card. He needs to just get on and try and rescue something from his own skip fire

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

You almost seem to be celebrating that Trump lost to a Europhile now that we have left.

How very odd.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
So the French tested their system yesterday, resulted in 5 mile queue formed quickly on the M20, average 70 seconds processing per vehicle

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-checks-causes-five-mile-lorry-queues-in-kent

Anyone think this is going to go well in January when our self imposed trade sanctions kick in?

IT systems nowhere near ready, and with 5 weeks to go, the Port expansions haven't even begun yet as the laughably small 200 million hasn't been allocated. What could possibly go wrong.
Out of personal embarrassment, Brexit Jihadists still trying to defend/support these chancers.

Last edited:

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
You almost seem to be celebrating that Trump lost to a Europhile now that we have left.

How very odd.

Pointing. out the obvious isn't odd. It's pointing out the obvious. Instead of a 'witty' line, how about addressing the obvious, and owning your **** up ?

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Indeed. I'm sure we'll get some great trade deals from Biden to help the country get along just fine.

HOORAH. :clap::O

Ooh a silly response . What a surprise. You have already proved you have no clue, and it's been acknowledged. You don't have to keep re-enforcing it. Did Brexit depend on a deal with the USA?

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Oooh a Thumbs up from IsItPotG. What's up? Scared of making yourself look more foolish? Try answering, you will look stupid of course, buts it's what NSC has come to expect, so no big deal. Be brave.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Bullying, intimidation and slating is one of the many reasons people are afraid to post their heartfelt inner thoughts on here.

Oh poppet
It was a simple question. Did Brexit depend on a deal with the USA, as I thought there were 'global opportunities'

I'm sorry you're 'afraid' on an anonymous forum.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Oh poppet
It was a simple question. Did Brexit depend on a deal with the USA, as I thought there were 'global opportunities'

I'm sorry you're 'afraid' on an anonymous forum.

He's just trying to find a phone box to change into JC Footy Genius and come back as Mr ANGRY :rant:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here