Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I think that's a pledge too far....but maybe every month? could happen.....deluded? maybe but 15 million votes for remain-why so LOW?

Bad leadership of remain campaign, and Brexit campaign got three simple ideas into peoples heads. They are all lies, but they got them across.

NHS will get the £350M saved.
Massive lie this one, firstly the net contribution is £120M a week. Secondly, we will in all likelihood still make an equally large financial contribution to the E.U. Thirdly, there will be a whole lot of cash being spent on shit the E.U. used to do for us.

We will control migration
I guarantee that we will not get trade without Tarriff unless we allow free movement of Labour Brexit campaigners said things like stopping free movement of people, or citizens, but Labour is different. No Poles or Romanians working here are going to be kicked out and we won't be able to stop them coming to work.

We will get our sovereignty back
Well I never had any any way, but if you think we can trade freely with the E.U. without conforming to large chunks of their policies, think again. Brussels will still be setting the standards, and changing them as they see fit, without any say from us. Is this more or less sovereignty?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Around 32 million voters thought it worthwhile enough to vote in the referendum. The result has been a majority voting for change. So again worthwhile

I suppose the only time a vote like this (on any subject) could be described as unneeded would be if the whole population were all wanting to keep things unchanged and once a vote finally happened, the result was a 100% vote for what the population wanted in the 1st place

I didn't say it wasn't worth voting in. Surely you don't believe the population as a whole knows the true costs and benefits of the EU better than the government (and that's even though I don't like Cameron and despise his government). And people could have voted UKIP in to government if they had such strong views.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
i wouldn't concern yourself we're leaving the eu ............didn't you know:wave:
regards
DR

Wow! Das! I'm sure your mere arrival on the thread will be sufficient to comfort the Leavers and quell the bleating of the Remainers without recourse to the application of your razor-sharp wit and unfathomable intellect.

Jan 30, 2008
bad leadership of remain campaign, and brexit campaign got three simple ideas into peoples heads. They are all lies, but they got them across.

nhs will get the £350m saved.
massive lie this one, firstly the net contribution is £120m a week. Secondly, we will in all likelihood still make an equally large financial contribution to the e.u. Thirdly, there will be a whole lot of cash being spent on shit the e.u. Used to do for us.

we will control migration
i guarantee that we will not get trade without tarriff unless we allow free movement of labour brexit campaigners said things like stopping free movement of people, or citizens, but labour is different. No poles or romanians working here are going to be kicked out and we won't be able to stop them coming to work.

we will get our sovereignty back
well i never had any any way, but if you think we can trade freely with the e.u. Without conforming to large chunks of their policies, think again. Brussels will still be setting the standards, and changing them as they see fit, without any say from us. Is this more or less sovereignty?

you must be having sleepless nights ???
regards
DR

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
believe it or not i am a rational person SHOCK SHOCK but i wont have this country down trodden by defeatist's and weak willed people on here:annoyed:
regards
DR

I don't want my country downtrodden either, a Union is a useful thing in this regard.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Bad leadership of remain campaign, and Brexit campaign got three simple ideas into peoples heads. They are all lies, but they got them across.

NHS will get the £350M saved.
Massive lie this one, firstly the net contribution is £120M a week. Secondly, we will in all likelihood still make an equally large financial contribution to the E.U. Thirdly, there will be a whole lot of cash being spent on shit the E.U. used to do for us.

We will control migration
I guarantee that we will not get trade without Tarriff unless we allow free movement of Labour Brexit campaigners said things like stopping free movement of people, or citizens, but Labour is different. No Poles or Romanians working here are going to be kicked out and we won't be able to stop them coming to work.

We will get our sovereignty back
Well I never had any any way, but if you think we can trade freely with the E.U. without conforming to large chunks of their policies, think again. Brussels will still be setting the standards, and changing them as they see fit, without any say from us. Is this more or less sovereignty?

We will have to pay tariffs and surrender free movement to see the real long term benefits of leave....

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
you must be having sleepless nights ???
regards
DR

As should we all, it ain't like just missing out on promotion where we can have another go the next season. If we do this it's done, and if it goes ahead it will have happened on lies.

Jan 30, 2008
We will have to pay tariffs and surrender free movement to see the real long term benefits of leave....

exactly, it's a price you have to pay for change ,there was never going to be a short term fix problem is some people are feeling out of their comfort zone, a bit like starting a new job ............you soon get used to it
regards
DR

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
As should we all, it ain't like just missing out on promotion where we can have another go the next season. If we do this it's done, and if it goes ahead it will have happened on lies.

Of course we will have another go we have just sold better players perhaps we might finish 3rd on GD and miss out after a scrape with relegation.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
exactly, it's a price you have to pay for change ,there was never going to be a short term fix problem is some people are feeling out of their comfort zone, a bit like starting a new job ............you soon get used to it
regards
DR

I am nervous but equally genuinely excited at the prospect..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here