Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
That's why the poll asks 'in hindsight' Dead Frog.
Not very helpful for the population now as we have left the EU but a statement of retrospective regret by the majority......

You have to spell these things out for him, he's very, very thick.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Of course it has been pointed out many times before, but I think in a sense that was the great strength of the Brexit vote. Cummings managed to galvanise eurosceptics with a wide range of different Brexit aspirations. They voted without really knowing what kind of Brexit they would get... and I suspect that only a small fraction of them will be satisfied with the outcome - whatever it proves to be....

I'd argue that many of the aspirations had nothing to do with Brexit but I take your point. People voted Leave for a thousand reasons, ranging from an affinity with Burkean principles of parliamentary sovereignty to blind bigotry. Anyone who can't understand why the voters of Boston and Grimethorpe voted as they did has never been to Boston or Grimethorpe. Most of us do understand though and know that they will never get what they voted for (inasmuch as it was ever defined; it was always unobtainable).

Only anger for those who made it happen though. In a speech just after the referendum reference was made to "reactionary politicians and demagogues peddling xenophobia, nationalism and isolationism". That was Joe Biden, likely to become America's next president and the man whose pen will be needed to sign the trade agreement so desperately needed by the chancers of Britain's LeaveUK government.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I'd argue that many of the aspirations had nothing to do with Brexit but I take your point. People voted Leave for a thousand reasons, ranging from an affinity with Burkean principles of parliamentary sovereignty to blind bigotry. Anyone who can't understand why the voters of Boston and Grimethorpe voted as they did has never been to Boston or Grimethorpe. Most of us do understand though and know that they will never get what they voted for (inasmuch as it was ever defined; it was always unobtainable).

Only anger for those who made it happen though. In a speech just after the referendum reference was made to "reactionary politicians and demagogues peddling xenophobia, nationalism and isolationism". That was Joe Biden, likely to become America's next president and the man whose pen will be needed to sign the trade agreement so desperately needed by the chancers of Britain's LeaveUK government.

Without the slightest pleasure I have to acknowledge your comment is 'spot on'.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
thats quite generous, I'm struggling to find 1 !

I'm basing my 1.5 - 2 / 10 on the UK getting a deal, if there is no deal may the Vote Leave cult at the helm will struggle to get 0.5 / 10

Capture.JPG

Interesting poll from YouGov but hardly surprising, after early 2017 the majority for "leave" disappeared when people started to realise Brexit would never be as promised.

Ultimately the old people are dying off and younger people will want a more progressive future, not a return to the fantasy of empire.

We've left the EU but we will be negiotating with them forever until one day we join the block in some shape or another, just like Switzerland always haggling. This will happen Deal or no deal...

Last edited:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
More useful than a poll like that?

I dunno, counting pencil sharpener shavings?

It's done & dusted.

Next week's poll:

Should Gazza go to France '98?

True and paradoxically not true; If the poll is accurate, it might be an indicator of the level of public satisfaction with the 'leave' Government's promises set against the outcomes - and this in turn may lead to a more serious scrutiny of the current negotiations.

One can but hope, and certainly the poll is more meaningful than either of your suggestions.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

It's done & dusted.

Next week's poll:

All done and dusted, not even the WA is according to the blond buffoon at the helm..

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

It's done & dusted.

Next week's poll:

it's good we are all on the same page when it comes to the reasons why Brexiters where vehemently against a 2nd referendum

Jan 30, 2008
Well Dire Faeces, I suppose that at least means you have finally understood the poll - even if you have responded with a typically mind-numbingly stupid comment!
Thanks for your pathetic reply , get over yourself you're one of the worst offenders on here, life must be a drag for you
Regards
DF

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
What will the question be and when is it happening?

I don't think people have a problem with the vote, well not anymore, we've all moved on but the fact that the government cannot deliver Brexit as was promised if you look at the Brexit contract posted by Nicko, it cannot deliver a single point on what was promised, surely even staunch leave voters would agree?

You were promised Roast Beef and all the trimmings, now it's a sausage roll if you're lucky, they are mugging you off, thats what you should be angry about not remainers, we were trying to warn you !

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Thanks for your pathetic reply , get over yourself you're one of the worst offenders on here, life must be a drag for you
Regards
DF

Oh Daft Fecker
Your feeble animated attempts to move attention away from your own staggering idiocy are both entertaining and funny!
It's plain for all to see that when you begin to make a comment, you have no idea what you are going to say; when you are writing it, you haven't a clue what you are saying; and when you have completed it, you have no idea what you have said! Hilarious!

Jan 30, 2008
Oh Daft Fecker
Your feeble animated attempts to move attention away from your own staggering idiocy are both entertaining and funny!
It's plain for all to see that when you begin to make a comment, you have no idea what you are going to say; when you are writing it, you haven't a clue what you are saying; and when you have completed it, you have no idea what you have said! Hilarious!

Sounds like I've hit a raw nerve lever but you carry on with your ever depressing doom and gloom preaching
Regards
DF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here