Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
How timely that the door to the Chinese market might be just about to be slammed shut at the very time when we'll be losing unfettered access to our biggest current market.* I wonder how the strategic masterminds that are driving Project Delusion will factor that in. Oh, hang on, surely the Chinese need us more than we need them......?

* note for the uninformed: the EU

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
How timely that the door to the Chinese market might be just about to be slammed shut at the very time when we'll be losing unfettered access to our biggest market. I wonder how the strategic masterminds that are driving Project Delusional will factor that in. Oh, hang on, surely the Chinese need us more than we need them......?

There's always India that's a pretty open market, far away with lots of poor people

Still waiting for Brexiters to explain where the huge new trade opportunity exists in the brave new world, a question they can never answer.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
They are probaby thinking of making a killing in the African continent. If only the entire continent didnt have half the GDP of France.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
There's always India that's a pretty open market, far away with lots of poor people

Still waiting for Brexiters to explain where the huge new trade opportunity exists in the brave new world, a question they can never answer.

There's more chance of seeing Norwich in the Champions League than there is of a Brexiteer coming on this thread and giving a single quantifiable benefit.

Over the last few weeks I think pennys have been dropping all over the UK as it's finally becoming clear what was always the obvious, that any detail behind this would reveal it to be a complete and utter clusterf****. Also becoming clear is just how stupidly naive you would have had to be, not to have realised this before now and to have believed any of the Brexit spiel in the first place.

Coincidentally, all the regular Brexiteer posters on here seem to have disappeared completely and, although they may appear elsewhere on the board, they seem to get very upset if you allude to their history of not understanding the implications, their naivety and pure idiocy when it comes to the EU, Brexit, Johnson, Farage and voting generally.

I think it's now a mixture of embarrassment, anger and realisation that a lot of them will be the very people who will see the 'biggest impact' of the 'sunlit uplands of Brexit'. But I can only guess, because none of them will ever post on here about the benefits or how Johnson's Brexit is turning out to be exactly what they voted :shootself

Still, look on the bright side, they got their tea towels and 50p pieces.

Tick Tock indeed :lolol:

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
They are probaby thinking of making a killing in the African continent. If only the entire continent didnt have half the GDP of France.

All will be fine. Johnson received an email from a Nigerian Prince who needs to take his billions of dollars out of the country. In return for helping Johnson will get to keep half. He just needs to provide his bank account details...

Jan 30, 2008
There's more chance of seeing Norwich in the Champions League than there is of a Brexiteer coming on this thread and giving a single quantifiable benefit.

Over the last few weeks I think pennys have been dropping all over the UK as it's finally becoming clear what was always the obvious, that any detail behind this would reveal it to be a complete and utter clusterf****. Also becoming clear is just how stupidly naive you would have had to be, not to have realised this before now and to have believed any of the Brexit spiel in the first place.

Coincidentally, all the regular Brexiteer posters on here seem to have disappeared completely and, although they may appear elsewhere on the board, they seem to get very upset if you allude to their history of not understanding the implications, their naivety and pure idiocy when it comes to the EU, Brexit, Johnson, Farage and voting generally.

I think it's now a mixture of embarrassment, anger and realisation that a lot of them will be the very people who will see the 'biggest impact' of the 'sunlit uplands of Brexit'. But I can only guess, because none of them will ever post on here about the benefits or how Johnson's Brexit is turning out to be exactly what they voted :shootself

Still, look on the bright side, they got their tea towels and 50p pieces.

Tick Tock indeed :lolol:

And Blue passports :bigwave:
Regards
DF

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Project Fear innit ???

I fear a remoaner vinication in full

The number of times I've been abused on here for posting warnings about the unwinding of British manufacturing, the next thing is it will be our fault

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I fear a remoaner vinication in full

The number of times I've been abused on here for posting warnings about the unwinding of British manufacturing, the next thing is it will be our fault

Nah that started a couple of weeks ago

[TWEET]1279911970028863488[/TWEET]

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Nah that started a couple of weeks ago

[TWEET]1279911970028863488[/TWEET]

Laughable horseshit. We are where we are currently because the Brexit jihadi want a no deal Brexit, and always have. What difference does it make that they had to fight for it 3 times.
They have it. They are ****ing it up. They just dont have the bollocks to admit it, and its not like we all didnt know they would blame everybody else is it.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Am loving the new TV ad for Brexit preparations. Lots of upbeat messaging on getting ready for the new opportunities but not one specific on what these might be. Doubtless a few (million?) gullible folk with be in a state of high excitement awaiting the goodies that will materialise as if by magic on 01/01/21, only to be a tad disappointed that nothing will happen other than (at best) some chaos at the ports.

I wonder if that will be the point at which the penny will (finally) drop. Look forward to seeing the likes of Johnson with lots of explaining to do. Who knows, it might turn out to be the easiest and best deal in human history, as we were told.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Laughable horseshit. We are where we are currently because the Brexit jihadi want a no deal Brexit, and always have. What difference does it make that they had to fight for it 3 times.
They have it. They are ****ing it up. They just dont have the bollocks to admit it, and its not like we all didnt know they would blame everybody else is it.

brexiteers didnt know what they wanted, except to leave. after that there is no consensus. no deal isnt a target for anyone but fringe non-thinkers, its impractical, what ever bi-lateral arrangments are made are a deal. this tweet expresses an underline truth, fighting so hard to preserve the state of leave gave the impression of a consensus and hid the schisms. thats not blaming remainers, if we remember some of the compromises leading to a softer brexit were voted against or abstained, we understand why we are here with government aimless and unprepared for what to do.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
brexiteers didnt know what they wanted, except to leave. after that there is no consensus. no deal isnt a target for anyone but fringe non-thinkers, its impractical, what ever bi-lateral arrangments are made are a deal. this tweet expresses an underline truth, fighting so hard to preserve the state of leave gave the impression of a consensus and hid the schisms. thats not blaming remainers, if we remember some of the compromises leading to a softer brexit were voted against or abstained, we understand why we are here with government aimless and unprepared for what to do.

But brexiteers have constantly said they knew what they were voting for. Stop trying to rewrite history.

This is brexiteer made. Own it.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Am loving the new TV ad for Brexit preparations. Lots of upbeat messaging on getting ready for the new opportunities but not one specific on what these might be. Doubtless a few (million?) gullible folk with be in a state of high excitement awaiting the goodies that will materialise as if by magic on 01/01/21, only to be a tad disappointed that nothing will happen other than (at best) some chaos at the ports.

I wonder if that will be the point at which the penny will (finally) drop. Look forward to seeing the likes of Johnson with lots of explaining to do. Who knows, it might turn out to be the easiest and best deal in human history, as we were told.

The advertising has all been the same. Their initial advice to businesses was be prepared. No more detail on the advert and even less detail on the government website.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018

Yes, but it was the hardline leavers who voted against the softer Brexit.. its suddenly its like the Brexit hardliners had nothing to do with it. To blame remainers for what is going on now is just ridiculous, and the people who wanted Brexit need to get it into their heads that its a **** up that they are complicit in, and stop trying to weasel their way out of any blame in order to not look foolish on football forums and facebook etc. Like it would be a big deal ffs.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

But all of this was pointed out to Brexiteers time and time again with very clear and detailed facts supporting it, both before and after the referendum, and they simply didn't want to, or weren't capable of understanding it. The number of posts on here where the answer was 'something will be worked out', 'there's loads of time to sort it', 'we just need to be more positive' :facepalm:

It's noticeable that not a single coherent post has been made on here by a Brexit supporter for months. The people responsible for this have gone into hiding in the hope it will go away. In a strange coincidence some accounts aren't used anymore and new accounts have become active, such is the embarrassment.

(And I still wouldn't put it past Johnson to U-turn and extend). Personally I'd simply prefer us to get on with 'no deal' now. It will put this ridiculous fantasy to bed once and for all and, I believe, be the quickest route back into re-joining (without obviously, the vast majority of benefits UK Governments of all political colours have managed to negotiate over the last 40 years) :shootself

Tick Tock

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

You're right, I lost track of all the times Ken Clarke and Dominic Grieve railed against the evils of "vassalage" and "BRINO" as being fates worse than death.

Wait...no...hang on...it was Jacob Rees-Mogg and Boris Johnson, not Grieve and Clarke. Sorry, my bad.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
More and more evidence emerging people were persuaded to vote against their own interests, and the real impact is yet to come.

#victimsofbrexit

Brexit vote hits leave areas the hardest...

Districts with high levels of low-skilled employment have underperformed most since 2016...

West Mids economy 4% smaller than it would have been if the vote was to remain

https://www.ft.com/content/90e9880d-8162-4d44-8d8d-8f59ae97d1ff

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here