Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Jan 30, 2008
To be fair, the farmers were as evenly split as the country, despite the NFU advising them to vote Remain. I believ2e it was 54/48 in favour of Brexit. Many were angry about the delays in paying the subsidies, blaming Brussels, when it was DEFRA who were dragging their heels.
Chickens and roosts spring to mind.

Dont put all your eggs in one basket eh
Regards
DF

D

Deleted member 22389

No harm at all in posting 'good news'. As a Remainer I welcome it, as god knows we need it. I'm not sure how much of this good news is generated because - rather despite - Brexit?

Thanks for acknowledging this. This news needs to go up, as it will never get mentioned in the the mainstream media.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Upsetting news for the 5th column collective .. good work :thumbsup:

How's our favourite NSC unionist these days ?

Truss also suggested that as of January 1, all goods going to Northern Ireland from elsewhere in the world could have the EU tariff applied by default, as the system for applying both UK and EU tariffs is not expected to be ready on time.

"I understand that the digital delivery of the dual tariff system (both EU and UK tariff) in Northern Ireland is a high risk and that HMRC are planning to apply the EU tariff as a default to all imports in NI on 1 January 2021," she wrote.

Truss said she was worried that it would anger unionists in the province, telling Gove and Sunak that "this is very concerning as this may call into question NI's place in the UK customs territory."

https://www.businessinsider.com/leaked-liz-truss-letter-boris-johnson-brexit-border-plans-concerns-risks-2020-7?r=US&IR=T

If only someone could have seen this coming :lolol:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Upsetting news for the 5th column collective .. good work :thumbsup:

No JC what is upsetting is when we see opportunities lost for our country because we've chosen to cut ourselves off from the worlds biggest single trading block, like Tesla's decision to go to Berlin instead of us and see ten of thousands of jobs created there instead.

But if you think that seeing jobs created in spite of Brexit rather than because of Brexit upsets remainers then you just carry on, it is at end of the day the only thing left in your toolkit.

It is incidentally great to hear of the Siemens plant in Goole, it will build trains for London underground but sadly its unlikely to be building trains for other markets.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Brexit will be 'postponed' yet again unless Dommy thinks ripping the UK another ******** is a price worth paying. Which he will. Because, given that he's not a conservative, he doesn't actualy give a shit . . . . about the next GE.

Still.....more people support Brexit than the tories, so it doesn't matter. To them.

Interesting times.

Irrelevant to me...unless these tories and brexit goons **** my pension up the arse, which is a distinct possibility. On which, I shall submit myself as a burdon on the taxpaying (ha ha!) brexit supporting proletariate state. And....up yours! (not Delors, muppets).

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
And opening today's window on the Brexit advent calendar

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-retail/uk-retail-warns-shoppers-face-higher-prices-if-no-eu-trade-deal-idUKKBN24A3G9

Four-fifths of UK food imports come from the EU and EU imports also play a major role in supply chains for fashion, homeware, and other retail sectors. In May, the UK government published its new tariff schedule, which would apply from Jan. 1 2021 if a deal was not agreed.

Under the schedule, 85% of foods imported from the EU will face tariffs of more than 5%, including 48% on beef mince and 16% on cucumbers. The average tariff on food imported from the EU would be over 20%.

But don't worry my Brexiteer friends as apparently, our complete incompetence is going to rescue us from this. We are actually incapable of processing any of these new tariffs at our borders, so we are going to have completely open borders to the EU on Jan 1st. Which also means, of course, under WTO Most Favoured Nation rules, that we then have completely open borders to the Whole world :shootself

Tick tock

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Let them eat blue passports

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
No JC what is upsetting is when we see opportunities lost for our country because we've chosen to cut ourselves off from the worlds biggest single trading block, like Tesla's decision to go to Berlin instead of us and see ten of thousands of jobs created there instead.

But if you think that seeing jobs created in spite of Brexit rather than because of Brexit upsets remainers then you just carry on, it is at end of the day the only thing left in your toolkit.

It is incidentally great to hear of the Siemens plant in Goole, it will build trains for London underground but sadly its unlikely to be building trains for other markets.

After spending 4+ years posting only negative news stories running down the UK anything that challenges your partisan, warped view of the world is obviously deeply upsetting and confusing. Which is why you continue to post such infantile nonsense as 'cutting ourselves off' and exclusively highlight negative stories about jobs while ignoring the fact the automotive industry across Europe has been in difficulty with job losses or factories relocating* and of course, the overall jobs picture in the UK (pre-Covid) had been overwhelmingly positive with record levels of employment and record low unemployment.

*https://www.propertyweek.com/news/uk-government-seeks-4m-sq-ft-for-tesla-gigafactory/5108161.article

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
After spending 4+ years posting only negative news stories running down the UK anything that challenges your partisan, warped view of the world is obviously deeply upsetting and confusing. Which is why you continue to post such infantile nonsense as 'cutting ourselves off' and exclusively highlight negative stories about jobs while ignoring the fact the automotive industry across Europe has been in difficulty with job losses or factories relocating* and of course, the overall jobs picture in the UK (pre-Covid) had been overwhelmingly positive with record levels of employment and record low unemployment.

*https://www.propertyweek.com/news/uk-government-seeks-4m-sq-ft-for-tesla-gigafactory/5108161.article

A little more than a one liner from a property paper on your Tesla factory story

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/tesla-linked-new-uk-gigafactory-somerset

Last year, Tesla chose to locate its first European factory near Berlin in Germany, with Musk saying that site was chosen over the UK because of “Brexit uncertainty”.

Just as well that uncertainty has been put to bed then :facepalm:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1281381940659212288[/TWEET]

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
A little more than a one liner from a property paper on your Tesla factory story

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/tesla-linked-new-uk-gigafactory-somerset

Last year, Tesla chose to locate its first European factory near Berlin in Germany, with Musk saying that site was chosen over the UK because of “Brexit uncertainty”.

Just as well that uncertainty has been put to bed then :facepalm:

I'm pretty sure without Brexit that factory would have been built in the UK, we have had an excellent record in the past 30 years as the gateway to Europe.

There may be another factory maybe aimed at the RHD market, so maybe we have a second chance. Just hope Elon Musk isn't following the progress of UK trade negotiations in any detail

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
I'm pretty sure without Brexit that factory would have been built in the UK, we have had an excellent record in the past 30 years as the gateway to Europe.

There may be another factory maybe aimed at the RHD market, so maybe we have a second chance. Just hope Elon Musk isn't following the progress of UK trade negotiations in any detail

I admire your cavalier use of the word 'negotiations' :lolol:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Are you leaving the country an taking your cronies on this thread with you seeing you hate the UK so much ???

There is a big difference between hating the UK and hating the crooked administration that are being cavalier with its very existence...

D

Deleted member 22389

See you next week for more Manufacturing news. Up the Albion, at least we can agree on that.

[tweet]1281190899108757504[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here