Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I wonder why there was even the need to say "we won get over it" to undemocratic loony vermin who wanted to stop a democratic result from being enacted. The only discussion and discourse these scum deserved was continually pointing out, your efforts to stop Brexit will fail, they are wrong on every level.
Not surprised so many of you are showing angry symptoms of remorse, cant be easy looking in the mirror and acknowledging what you attempted but failed to achieve. You can observe the same sort of emotions in sex offenders.......just for clarification not calling you a sex offender

Democracy IS being able to object to something and continue to do so whenever you so chose. What you’re describing is totalitarianism. Your rhetoric really does show you up for the angry bitter man you must be. Scum, vermin, etc etc get a life FFS.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Democracy IS being able to object to something and continue to do so whenever you so chose. What you’re describing is totalitarianism. Your rhetoric really does show you up for the angry bitter man you must be. .

What you supported and attempted to stop but failed to achieve was not democracy, bit thick of you to pretend it was.

Scum, vermin, etc etc get a life FFS.

when the shoe fits.......
Cant be easy being the worst type of citizen the country has.

Thoughts and prayers.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I wonder why there was even the need to say "we won get over it" to undemocratic loony vermin who wanted to stop a democratic result from being enacted. The only discussion and discourse these scum deserved was continually pointing out, your efforts to stop Brexit will fail, they are wrong on every level.
Not surprised so many of you are showing angry symptoms of remorse, cant be easy looking in the mirror and acknowledging what you attempted but failed to achieve. You can observe the same sort of emotions in sex offenders.......just for clarification not calling you a sex offender

101 words in that and you've managed to use 'vermin', 'scum' and a thinly-veiled blanket of sex offenders.

It's like you're not even aware you've lost the argument. Who hurt you? Who turned you into this old and bitter person?

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
What you supported and attempted to stop but failed to achieve was not democracy, bit thick of you to pretend it was.

when the shoe fits.......
Cant be easy being the worst type of citizen the country has.

Thoughts and prayers.

You don't actually understand our democracy do you. Might explain the 3500+ posts on this thread I suppose. The worst type of citizen, what a come back, I'm reeling. :lolol:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
You don't actually understand our democracy do you. Might explain the 3500+ posts on this thread I suppose. The worst type of citizen, what a come back, I'm reeling. :lolol:

He's posted 3,500 times in this thread? **** me.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Do you think politicians saying they will respect and enact the result one day then saying we should ignore the referendum vote and have another go or thousands of posts calling leave voters morons, racists, gullible fools or that older people opinions/votes have less value (hurry up and die etc) might have caused a degree of divisiveness?

As i've said before - there are for sure contributory factors, but lets not pretend that either side of the vote can come out of it claiming the moral high ground.
When it comes to changing their minds or choosing to campaign against it, then that's their democratic right - by stopping that then we enter totalitarianism. It'd be the same if the vote went the other way - people wouldn't like people overturning it, but they'd be entitled to hold that opinion and they'd be entitled to campaign to change it.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Rather than repeating the same arguments, I would like the Brexiteers on NSC to give a credible vision of the future. No, 'I think', no 'I believe what will happen' etc etc. Credible answers rather than rather stupid quotes they have lifted from rightwing and lets be honest, some racist platforms. There will now follow a few posts with 'saying nothing credible' to avoid providing some sort of credible answer, but then we can begin.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
You don't actually understand our democracy do you.

Says the people who thought a democratic decision given by a vote should indeed be honoured.and accepted (before they voted)...........but changed their mind when they saw the result and realised they had lost and decided instead that the result should be ignored and attempts to honour and enact the decision result should be stopped.
Yeah ok......its me who doesnt understand democracy.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
0da0825ce6e36875d0656a5b0a85ab09.jpg

Still waiting for a response?

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Says the people who thought a democratic decision given by a vote should indeed be honoured.and accepted (before they voted)...........but changed their mind when they saw the result and realised they had lost and decided instead that the result should be ignored and attempts to honour and enact the decision result should be stopped.
Yeah ok......its me who doesnt understand democracy.

I only speak for myself, I don't know who this 'the people' is, but I'll put it plainly; other than my right to vote at the ballot box – I had no influence over Brexit. I didn't have any opportunity to change my mind or anyone else's. I voted, like you did, and that is that. I don't have to be happy with the outcome, but that is my democratic right to be unhappy. Like I said, it's pretty clear you don't understand our democracy, and each post continues to confirm it.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I only speak for myself, I don't know who this 'the people' is, but I'll put it plainly; other than my right to vote at the ballot box – I had no influence over Brexit. I didn't have any opportunity to change my mind or anyone else's. I voted, like you did, and that is that. I don't have to be happy with the outcome, but that is my democratic right to be unhappy. Like I said, it's pretty clear you don't understand our democracy, and each post continues to confirm it.

Were you asleep?
That would be the people actively supporting or lobbying or marching and attempting to exert influence .
I am not surprised you want to now distance yourself from them and say you were nothing to do with them. but if you were not doing anything to stop Brexit,anyway and just sitting at home being grumpy then you no longer being interested in stopping brexit is a bit of a pointless thing to say as it doesnt look like you were interested in stopping it at all anyway.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
As i've said before - there are for sure contributory factors, but lets not pretend that either side of the vote can come out of it claiming the moral high ground.
When it comes to changing their minds or choosing to campaign against it, then that's their democratic right - by stopping that then we enter totalitarianism. It'd be the same if the vote went the other way - people wouldn't like people overturning it, but they'd be entitled to hold that opinion and they'd be entitled to campaign to change it.

It's their democratic right and no one has stopped them but they shouldn't be surprised many get a tad angry at their stance as ignoring democratic votes they don't like can also be interpreted as an entry point for totalitarianism.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The coronavirus crisis won't give Boris Johnson an alibi for a calamitous Brexit

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.t...amitous-brexit

Despite the disastrous result of the fraudulent referendum, some people are still determined to hold the PM to account. Democracy may be on its knees in the UK but it’s still breathing. Just.

I think we can all take comfort in that.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
The coronavirus crisis won't give Boris Johnson an alibi for a calamitous Brexit

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.t...amitous-brexit

Despite the disastrous result of the fraudulent referendum, some people are still determined to hold the PM to account. Democracy may be on its knees in the UK but it’s still breathing. Just.

I think we can all take comfort in that.

5754f8a0158c419b85420d78b7ef59c9.jpg

I’ll take comfort from the fact that you got called out and realise now you may have embarrassed yourself with a false claim. If not put your money where your mouth is and back your claim.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here