Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Give it a rest , it's one sided guff you keep telling yourself. What of every major remain politician saying they'd honour the result and spending 3 years doing everything in cahoots with a corrupt speaker to overturn it?
What of George Osbourne's targeted messaging that every family would be 4k a year worse off just if we vote to leave? That the economy would nosedive and unemployment rise just if we vote to leave?
Yes the 350million a week for the NHS (whilst possible in theory) was a blatant electioneering stunt by those who had no authority at that time to promise or deliver it.
If you want to talk money, vote remain was funded by large investment banks like Merrill Lynch and Goldman Sachs, who had huge vested interests in staying in the EU because they can comply with the complex and high cost red tape regulations they themselves lobbied for, to monopolise their own positions as others cannot meet the complexity or cost of EU regulatory compliance.

I'm not arguing against any side who used blantant electioneering in 2016, because they both did,nor where vote remain was funded from and why, nor vote leave and why. 2 competing sets of interests trying to win.

People who voted Labour in 2017 did so based on targeted lies that the referendum result would be honoured. People who voted for them in 2019 did so on a lot of pledges that could never be paid for (a false prospectus)

It's all very well to select the bits you're against whilst ignoring the plethora of exactly the same on your side of the argument.

Some might call that hypocrisy

Does any of what you have posted look like a good advert for democracy working well? The referendum is not an isolated case of misinformation and money winning the vote, but it did include a new angle of stolen data being used to target individuals on social media, through which they were able to mobilise a large number of generally politically naive, never voted before members of the public, and only one side had that particular dirty trick, so no, it was not exactly the same on my side of the argument.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The semantics being he wasnt talking about a trade deal after the withdrawal deal. He was specific about leaving the EU according to the withdrawal deal.....and said it was either no deal or softest of soft exits.......his crystal ball was obviously screwed......but we all told him that anyway

I thought that, but then I thought Johnson meant what he said when he said no British PM could stand for a trade border between the mainland UK and N.I.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Any Brexiters PLEASED with the prospect of friction at the borders? Is it a price worth paying for sovereignty, whatever that actually means to anyone that didn’t vote for this government.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pasta seems to have the answer to friction issues, handcreams.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
289b52a8ba37280720624139e7c0aebb.jpg

It has been emotional.
Love many,
Trust few,
Always paddle your own canoe.

Each and every one of us, on our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 2719

Seeing as after 11pm tonight we are no longer part of the European Union would the Mods give consideration to moving this somewhat toxic thread to ‘Other Stuff’ ?

This has been asked so many times and there is never a reply, why is that?

I won't ever post on this thread again after 11pm tonight.

We are on our way.

Will anyone else ever post apart from the Mr angrys???

Jan 30, 2008
I don't understand why you're so keen for an answer on this. Isn't it obvious that whilst there is no evidence that you wouldn't be able to move to the EU27, the EU would be within their rights to refuse permanent residence to British citizens in the absence of some sort of agreement? At the moment, FoM prohibits member states from doing exactly that.

Anyway, tomorrow is a sad day as far as I'm concerned. My kids have had certain rights taken away from them for reasons they don't really understand. Nor do I, come to think of it.

Democracy? Not really sure things are going to be any better there. I don't think I'll get my referendum (without influence from interested parties) on the future of the royal scroungers heading the state. What about Scotland, I doubt they will get self determination any time soon either.

We are already seeing how being in a bloc like the EU benefits members. Ireland (population 4m) has not been hung out to dry by the other 26. Instead, they've been backed to the hilt. Meanwhile, we all have a pretty good idea how our trade agreement with the US will play out, and we will be the losers.

Certain industries are going to be decimated. Science saddens me in particular. At least some of those in manufacturing actually voted for Brexit - they will reap what they sow.

I will try to bow out of this pitiful thread (maybe I won't manage it) because it will just go on and on, and I'm fairly certain that when this all goes wrong in the coming years, we are going to hear nothing but whinge about obstructive remainers and the bullying EU. It won't be the fault of deluded Brexiteers. That is what people will say on here.

Well done Brexiteers, you won, and I will try and make the best of it. But if I'm right and it does go wrong, at least have the stones to take responsibility for it.
maybe its time for you to reflect on why we're leaving today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z2dEe7N3SA
no hard feelings eh
regards
DF

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Seeing as after 11pm tonight we are no longer part of the European Union would the Mods give consideration to moving this somewhat toxic thread to ‘Other Stuff’ ?
Absolutely. It needs to be moved to The Other Stuff asap after 11pm tonight.

No one unites in the face of gloating and triumphalism.

Let's make NSC a haven in the storm of national divide.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Oh dear ..... your ability to use the search function seems to have failed ! :facepalm:

Maybe YOU would like to answer the question I posed your friend Nick ? Where is the evidence that people from the UK won't be able to move to any of the EU 27 ? When do they plan to block up their borders ? Given you couldn't answer the question about 'odious procedures' in between GB and NI I won't hold my breath for a decent answer.

So you claim that you have already responded, but now can't find the response, on something that apparently, a couple of hours earlier, you didn't know existed :facepalm:

Talking of deflection, what do you think about Johnson now reversing his lie from the election campaign that there would be no new procedures on his newly introduced Irish Sea Border and the impact of that on businesses both sides of this new border ? (Since I know that this was the 'good deal' that you were waiting throughout TM's premiership for, I'm sure you would have considered this possibility).
I've responded but in your usual way, because the answer didn't match your agenda, you failed to take it in. I guess it's lucky you've retired from business because with observation skills like that you'd soon go bust.
You see, this is the problem when you assume. As no trade deals have yet taken place and no agreements struck I'm intrigued where you get your info about these 'new procedures' ? Maybe you could provide some links to the agreed procedures ? And I mean from credible sources not Meg. I ask as I work for a Canadian company and only last week I was involved in a meeting that had the CEO and a number of VPs in discussing what affect Brexit would have on our business given the UK arm exports to France and Germany. My company hired expert consultants for 18 months and guess what ? Their answer was "currently there iis expected to be no affect on your export of either services or goods. Strangely French orders have increased 3 fold in the last four months - that that includes long term service contracts lasting 5 years. Clearly the French don't hold the same opinion ( sorry guess work ) as you do.
Here's Johnson saying there will be no new checks and procedures for NI

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-50344110

Here's the announcement of the new checks and procedures for NI, together with the 557 page document explaining how to fill out the forms

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jan/24/revealed-complex-post-brexit-checks-for-northern-irish-traders

And, when I last looked, France and Germany weren't in Northern Ireland so that maybe the reason they aren't effected :facepalm:

(Although I am very impressed that you met with a CEO and some VPs, so all that typing wasn't a complete waste :thumbsup:)

I've highlighted the part answering the 'odious procedures' because you are obviously struggling to find it. What I really don't understand why yourself, Is it PotG, Pasta, Portslade Seagull etc insist on lying on forums when it's all there in black and white for anyone to read and quote :shrug:

Anyway, today's the day for you to enjoy your 50p piece, tea towel and Big Ben Bong, so have a great time :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
So you claim that you have already responded, but now can't find the response, on something that apparently, a couple of hours earlier, you didn't know existed :facepalm:

I've highlighted the part answering the 'odious procedures' because you are obviously struggling to find it. What I really don't understand why yourself, Is it POTG, Pasta, Portslade Seagull etc insist on lying on forums when it's all there in black and white :shrug:

Anyway, today's the day for you to enjoy your 50p piece, tea towel and Big Ben Bong, so have a great time :thumbsup:

Cheers Watford Gap. Cheers.

source.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here