Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Some of us are trying to do that, but it is proving very hard. I genuinely hope it will be a success, I just can't see how it can be. Primarily, this is down the type of people responsible for it.

It is all neatly summed up by Boris Johnson talking about uniting the country and healing divisions. The very next day, the conversation moved onto the massive gloat that is Big Ben bonging on the 31st. Says it all really.

Johnson is engaged essentially in a culture war. Whether its the Bongs of Big Ben, commemorative coins, Blue Passports or Festivals of Brexit, he seeks out non-political symbols as emblems that the Tories own the country, basically to erase remainers from existence

There is very little to bring divided groups together. Like Trump all he is interested in his playing to his base.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Indeed - which is just more trite bollocks, isn't it.

For the whole of that 3.5 years nobody has had the first clue of the ultimate outcome, thus no clue what 'preparation' was in order.

My company is reliant on imported goods, from the EU, from Switzerland and from the US. Even now our expediters / shipping companies cannot tell us what changes to expect, so how in God's name do you prepare?

I was surprised to hear Javed say manufacturers have had three and a half years to make other arrangements. In 11 days time we'll be in the transition period and based on facts as they stand I fully expect EU business that rely on UK products for their supply chain to start sourcing those products from elsewhere in the EU if they can.

Why wouldn't you when the Single Market guarantees you zero tariffs, no customs and minimum Just In Time delivery?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Just like the people's vote /second referendum you were banging on about last year
Regards
DF

I don't think i've mentioned the people's vote, personally. Though don't let that stop you from talking out of your arse again. :thumbsup:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I've always had belief and so have millions of others , if you had been a bit more aware of public feeling you wouldn't be as upset as your are, but hey I did tell you the silent majority were waiting patiently

Silly sausage, I'm not upset. :lolol:

As for being aware of public feeling, many are now waking up to what is actually happening.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
You see this and wonder how long it will be before we are clamouring to rejoin.

I am trying not to dip into this depressing thread nowadays but did that article from the Grimsby local paper get copied here? The one claiming leave-voting Grimsby wants a Brexit exemption on sea food:

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/...t-exemption-sought-grimsby-seafood-736984.amp

I mean seriously, are people really this stupid?

I don't know whether we will clamour to rejoin - we won't if the damage is non existent or even simply relatively minor - but I am fairly confident the chances are a lot higher than that of the EU falling apart, which is bizarrely enough what certain leavers insist is going to happen.

Lovely bit in that Grimsby link was the local MP announcing that Grimsby would be able to get round the inconveniences of Brexit by being given Free Trade Status. We couldn't have had that before Brexit he said. He's a liar though - Johnson has already been picked up for this one.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Those Grimsby fisherman are going to have to suck it up given their contribution to the economy is **** all. Not really sure how they are allowed to make so much noise to be honest. Just tell them they are 0.12% of the economy and to wind their necks in seeing as they voted for this.

I'm up there shortly. Just let me know if there is any specific graffiti you'd like me to spray on the Peaks Parkway footbridge,

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I've always had belief and so have millions of others , if you had been a bit more aware of public feeling you wouldn't be as upset as your are, but hey I did tell you the silent majority were waiting patiently
Regards
DF
The lady has every right to be upset (even if she isn't) because her husband has just lost her job as a direct consequence of Brexit.

If you had any contrition, common sense of just human decency, you'd have read that and wound your neck in.

Instead, this sort of ill-considered uncalled-for gloating wins out with you as always. You're a moron.

Some of the more cerebral Brexiteers on here must whince when they see your drivel.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
The lady has every right to be upset (even if she isn't) because her husband has just lost her job as a direct consequence of Brexit.

If you had any contrition, common sense of just human decency, you'd have read that and wound your neck in.

Instead, this sort of ill-considered uncalled-for gloating wins out with you as always. You're a moron.

Some of the more cerebral Brexiteers on here must whince when they see your drivel.

That's lost on someone with so little emotional intelligence; it's a case of 'no sense' = 'no feeling'

Maybe the Brexiters can 'crowdfund' the economy........

D

Deleted member 22389

.. and on and on and on ..

00-745-548x300.jpg

:timmy:

In other news

One month before the referendum ..

Brexit would prompt stock market and house price crash, says IMF

Christine Lagarde backs Bank of England governor’s claim that Britain could enter recession after vote to leave EU

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...t-crash-house-price-fall-eu-referendum-brexit

Today ..

British economy will grow faster than eurozone rivals, says IMF

Britain’s economy will grow faster than those of other major European countries this year as chief executives regard it as an increasingly attractive place to invest, two studies have found.

Amid growing optimism over Britain’s economic outlook, the International Monetary Fund said that it would outperform the eurozone this year and next.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/...aster-than-eurozone-rivals-says-imf-k2h3vbdjm

More grim news ..

https://techround.co.uk/news/uk-tech-sector-beats-us-china-global-growth-2019/

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/busines...y-boosts-business-confidence-post-referendum/

https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-b...-of-england-nears-rate-decision-idUKKBN1ZJ1DD

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
A post from you where you're not acting like a picked on victim? A bit odd. I only realise it is you because it is such an inane comment.

And on and on...because there are so many examples being presented of crass Brexiteer stupidity. What exactly do you expect? People to meekly cow tow to your point of view. You're not even capable of rational argument ffs.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just lovely that Brexit has more or less ****ed off the media radar til the end of the month. All the air's gone out of the balloon. Best of all, that bellowing 'STOP BREXIT' bellend seems to have vanished from our consciousness. Hopefully forever. And hopefully with irreparably damaged vocal chords. What a COCK!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Just lovely that Brexit has more or less ****ed off the media radar til the end of the month. All the air's gone out of the balloon. Best of all, that bellowing 'STOP BREXIT' bellend seems to have vanished from our consciousness. Hopefully forever. And hopefully with irreparably damaged vocal chords. What a COCK!

Steve Bray has not disappeared even after being attacked by thugs a few days ago. The police are dealing with it. He is back now.
He won't give in that easily.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Steve Bray has not disappeared even after being attacked by thugs a few days ago. The police are dealing with it. He is back now.
He won't give in that easily.

What exactly is it he's not going to 'give in to that easily'? Being the Brexit equivalent of the look-at-me Union Jack bedecked obsessives that can be found at any Royal Family occasion? Just because he shouts loudest, doesn't allow him to outshout democracy.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What exactly is it he's not going to give in that easily? Being the Brexit equivalent of the look-at-me Union Jack bedecked obsessives that can be found at any Royal Family occasion? Just becausd he shouts loudest, doesn't allow him to outshout democracy.

Funnily enough I would have thought that being of the punk rock generation, you would have been the first one to stand up for protests.
Democracy is corrupted in this country.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here