Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
It's interesting to see that all the remainers on here are factual and intelligent, whereas the leavers are like retarded schoolchildren with severe learning difficulties.
It's the ignorant small majority that have got us into this mess but sadly this country is now infested with insects like fairy, a turd that will just not flush away.

Mods this must be ban terrority. Please give a warning to this individual, his comments are quite repulsive

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
We always have paid for Big Ben.

Extra charge for a Brexit bong though, hope you chip in, would be tragic if the greatest act of stupidity this country has yet achieved goes unacknowledged by those who championed it.....there might be some cash left over for a unicorn as a bonus.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Extra charge for a Brexit bong though, hope you chip in, would be tragic if the greatest act of stupidity this country has yet achieved goes unacknowledged by those who championed it.....there might be some cash left over for a unicorn as a bonus.

My taxes have already been paying for it all my working life; Brexit wont change that; it's still a big bell, and it, and its tower, need maintenance, as always.

P.S. There are no unicorns. It is difficult to take some remainers seriously when they persist with such beliefs.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Indeed,very true, as you say completely split.
Totally kicked themselves in the nuts, some were simply revoke the whole thing, some another vote and campaign to remain, some another vote and stay completely neutral, not forgetting amongst the second referendum types there wasn’t even a consensus on what question or format to ask, and another vote might have simply returned leave anyway, thank god we didn’t subject the country to another referendum, would have been a complete betrayal.
Boris had it right with get Brexit done and get the withdrawal agreement finally through parliament. The remain position was simply too split to muster enough votes with a unified voice to win a democratic general election…… which is why they didn’t come close to doing that.

I agree with your points on why the remain vote was split. I would also like to add another important reason for the large Tory majority. Democracy.

I know quite a few people who voted to remain but vote Conservative in the December election. 2 of my closes friends, my grandma and boss all voted to remain but voted Conservative because they said they believe in democracy and wanted the result of the referendum to be honored.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Well said sir!

Obviously I disagree with you about leaving the EU, but respect your right to hold the view that you do. It's a shame for you and the many other decent remainers that some of you fellow remainers couldn't contain themselves when it came to arrogance and abuse. Unfortunately for you, many of them were spouting that stuff leading up to the referendum too - I wonder how many neutrals/not sures they pushed over to the leave side by their derisive ranting - could have been crucial in terms of the outcome, perhaps?

Now there's a thought ..................................

I agree GT.
I was horrified by the sheer arrogance of many Remainers who posted on here........and still they bang on.
We respected the democratic vote and, unlike some on here, hope that the country makes a great success of Brexit, for the benefit of everyone.Others appear to be willing failure upon the UK just so they can get stiffies and say ya-boo to all those 'retarded schoolchildren with severe learning disabilities"
Abysmal!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Bong Gate really exposes the quality of MPs we have.

Mark "trained to kill" Francois was implying on the radio this morning that "remainers" in the HOC were stopping the Bongs.

:facepalm:

Nothing more than a populist stunt to get the Express Readers angry, bit like their bus.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
That's because they are all thick and ignorant.
They have made a massive mistake because they refused to listen to facts and still do, they had no idea what they were voting for but when it all goes wrong they will blame Europe and remainers.
I have yet to find 1 leave arsewipe that can give me 10 reasons without Google why they want to leave except to 'get back control' and stop immigration.
The stupid b*******s have fallen for all of Johnsons lies, hook, line and sinker.
You only need to look at the posts from knuckle draggers like 2 profs, Mouldy Boots, Bensgrandad etc for proof of pure ignorance.
That insect Fairy thing needs to crawl back under its rock.
No offence intended though.

Really ....calm down.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I agree with your points on why the remain vote was split. I would also like to add another important reason for the large Tory majority. Democracy.

I know quite a few people who voted to remain but vote Conservative in the December election. 2 of my closes friends, my grandma and boss all voted to remain but voted Conservative because they said they believe in democracy and wanted the result of the referendum to be honored.

My dad did that he is normally a Lib Dem

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I assume you know that more people voted for 'Remain' or 'People's vote' parties than for the Brexit parties..... so hardly the nation deciding it wants to leave. It may seem academic now but knowing how important democracy is to you, perhaps it's worth some reflection.

Not actually true .... but then remainers aren't well know for the truth.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Nice to see the REMAINER ex-speaker screwed the taxpayer over so much. Nasty piece of shit.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

The bulk of the people in this country rejected Corbynism. That's a fact and will continue to do so.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Are you sure? I only ask because Labour, LibDem, SNP, Green, Plaid Cymru and Sinn Fein got more than 50 per cent of the vote as far as I know, and I thought all had remain or ref2 policies.

Actually you will find it is quite normal in British elections for the total votes cast for all the other parties put together outnumber the votes cast for the winning party - and it happens that way with or without Brexit. That's democracy, in a democratic system. It is democratic because the politicians asked the people if they want to change it............

.................. and we, the people, voted by a comfortable two thirds majority that we didn't want to change it. We voted to keep it the way it is. That was pretty overwhelming, eh? ...... and democracy working properly.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
330401da470fe04f0cc8487d76c5c9dd.jpg

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Not actually true .... but then remainers aren't well know for the truth.

Implying that Remainers are liars is a bit tough - it's like me saying that Leavers are liars because Portslade suggested the other day that Remainers have delayed Brexit by three years, or Brexit politicians are dodgy because the country is led by a congenital serial philandering paternity-questioning light entertainer who has been sacked three times for lying.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
It's interesting to see that all the remainers on here are factual and intelligent, whereas the leavers are like retarded schoolchildren with severe learning difficulties.
It's the ignorant small majority that have got us into this mess but sadly this country is now infested with insects like fairy, a turd that will just not flush away.

What an absolute melt you are, I can only assume you are under care to make statements like that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here