Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

D

Deleted member 2719

Farage told the Mirror: “In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way. If the remain campaign win two-thirds to one-third that ends it.” Undemocratic loon or what?

Probably having a wind-up with The Mirror, I can understand that, there not exactly his biggest fan.

Saying it and doing it are two different things, I really think he would have known, enough is enough.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I have to say I'm surprised at the number of regular posters on this thread who seem to have come out as somewhat...................

.... delicate? Over the last week or so :wink:

Note I avoided the word snowflake in case anyone found it dreadfully upsetting :lolol:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I seem to remember you saying it was outrageous that I pointed out over 80% of voters supported parties wanting to enact Brexit in the 2017 GE as this couldn't possibly be taken as a democratic mandate for Brexit

It doesn't seem to matter what the democratic result is ... 52 48 in a referendum, over 80% voting for pro-Brexit parties in 2017 or a thumping majority for the 'Get Brexit done' party in 2019 .... someone always comes along implying it isn't the will of the people.

The reason the Tories didn't want another one is quite straight forward .... they believed the first one should be honoured.

The simple fact is that Johnson wanted the election to be entirely about Brexit. Isaac Levido told him to say 'Get Brexit done' at every opportunity and he did. They all did.

And the result of all this incessant, endless Brexit dunning? Most people went out and voted for parties that didn't want Brexit done the Johnson way.

Is that 55% figure an absolutely accurate reflection of what people think about Johnson's deal? Doubt it. There will be people who really like Brexit but like Corbyn even more. And they voted Labour. And there will be people - vastly more I'd hazard - who don't like Brexit but loathe Corbyn even more. And they voted Tory.

The only accurate way of finding out whether people want Johnson's Brexit deal was to ask them. The Tories feared the people's reply and, successfully banking on Labour's deserved unpopularity, went for the muddier waters of a general election.

Only a Central Office groupie could claim some higher reason for the self-entitled one's decision.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The simple fact is that Johnson wanted the election to be entirely about Brexit. Isaac Levido told him to say 'Get Brexit done' at every opportunity and he did. They all did.

And the result of all this incessant, endless Brexit dunning? Most people went out and voted for parties that didn't want Brexit done the Johnson way.

Is that 55% figure an absolutely accurate reflection of what people think about Johnson's deal? Doubt it. There will be people who really like Brexit but like Corbyn even more. And they voted Labour. And there will be people - vastly more I'd hazard - who don't like Brexit but loathe Corbyn even more. And they voted Tory.

The only accurate way of finding out whether people want Johnson's Brexit deal was to ask them. The Tories feared the people's reply and, successfully banking on Labour's deserved unpopularity, went for the muddier waters of a general election.

Only a Central Office groupie could claim some higher reason for the self-entitled one's decision.

Yep, the Tories wanted the election focused on Brexit and the result? A thumping majority for the 'get Brexit done' party.

Yep, people have other motivations for casting their vote in a GE but as you have pointed out many times people also vote for other reasons in a referendum eg giving the government/establishment a kick. The Boris/Cummings combo have successfully won a referendum when most people thought they had little chance and won a thumping majority for the Tories not seen since the Thatcher days ...it would be a naive or foolish person who thought they couldn't win a second referendum. But we will never know ... the 'peoples' vote campaign failed, the parties and politicians intent on blocking Brexit failed, time to move on.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
it's all come home to roost for the undemocratic loons on here , must be painful stuff seeing democracy being enacted ,onward and upward the electorate have spoken

regards
DF
People take the piss out of you on here but the only painful thing is theres clearly so many people like you amongst us.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Yes but that 55% were too thick to vote tactically and voted against each other. Great own goal Brexit cause lost accept the result

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Well, you have surprised me.:clap2:

I thought all the time you tried to put me down and tagged me in where not needed, It was only appropriate to mention it.

Politically we maybe polls apart, but it doesn't mean we can't bury the hatchet.

Start with a kiss.:kiss:

My goodness... you are needy!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It’s heartbreaking. And frightening. We are in big trouble.

You lot are ****ed, I really can't see how Corbyn could be worse that this shower of shit.

At least people get to be presided over the ruling classes, they seem to like that..... and those rich people won't have to pay much tax.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Actually, reading that back, it seems you're advocating that young people don't bother with further education and that way everyone can think just like you. Quite sinister really.

It's all the fault of those pesky young people trying to get an education and think about stuff. "No good will come of thinking about people thinking about stuff" - Rupert Murdoch.

:lolol::lolol:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
To be fair, the abuse was far more one way than you seem to want to pretend. Face it, if a number of NSCers, over a period of three and a half years, regularly posted on here that you were thick as shit, racist ..... and gammon (a more recent addition to the rhetoric), you would feel abused. Of course, as a mod, you could have just banned them. But for the abused minority, there was no such redress.

As a mentally-disabled, bloodstained, lying hypocrite who lives in a swamp I'm inclined to disagree.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I meant how the demographics have changed, caused partly by a huge influx of students.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

You are aware that students are humans aren’t you. Not some odd alien species with different hopes and dream a to your kind?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I wonder how many of the MPs who voted for the Withdrawal Agreement today have read it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here