Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You are my particular target because you personalise this matter yet try always to claim the moral high ground. You are no more or less hypocritical than many on here yet try to claim you are less. That's hypocrisy!

You initially said you picked my up on 'insults' aimed at you. You then pick me up on 'insults' aimed at any remainer. Yet you NEVER challenge insults from remainers ….. you're not one sided at all are you ? Let's take The Clamp or Watford Zero or Mental Lenny or Chooper or ….. the list goes on ….. and on ….. and on …. all of who insult and take the moral high ground ….. strangely like you.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
You initially said you picked my up on 'insults' aimed at you. You then pick me up on 'insults' aimed at any remainer. Yet you NEVER challenge insults from remainers ….. you're not one sided at all are you ? Let's take The Clamp or Watford Zero or Mental Lenny or Chooper or ….. the list goes on ….. and on ….. and on …. all of who insult and take the moral high ground ….. strangely like you.

Can't avoid the sarcasm can you? It doesn't disguise your poor logic though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And yet I still don't see you picking ANY remainers up on their insults …… how strange ! Hypocrite ?

Are you really going to pick people up on calling [MENTION=14132]Two Professors[/MENTION] a lying fantasist thicko?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
This thread will never make it to page 10690.

Please..dear god...close it down for good and let the immature on here find another outlet for their petty squabbling, name calling and boorish behaviour. Maybe, when they are a bit older and have got used to having to surmount a few hurdles in life ( losing parents, getting divorced, suffering life threatening illness, business failure etc ) and have stopped thinking about themselves, they will realise that getting hysterical over Brexit isn't all that important in the whole scheme of things.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Are you really going to pick people up on calling [MENTION=14132]Two Professors[/MENTION] a lying fantasist thicko?

Nope ….. because he is and I'm not the one that keeps complaining about the language of posts …. [MENTION=37958]Lever[/MENTION] is.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Nope ….. because he is and I'm not the one that keeps complaining about the language of posts …. [MENTION=37958]Lever[/MENTION] is.

Just to remind you again..... I criticise you for using the unnecessary language and then disowning the fact. Case closed.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Just to remind you again..... I criticise you for using the unnecessary language and then disowning the fact. Case closed.

No - every time I use 'unnecessary' language you complain. I'm not the one that has a problem with the 'language', you are. Swear, insult etc as much as you like. Yet you NEVER pick up any remainers on their language. Yes I do use sarcasm, bad language and insults ….. there you go. Now maybe you'll pick other people up due to your rather strange issue.

Jan 30, 2008
No - every time I use 'unnecessary' language you complain. I'm not the one that has a problem with the 'language', you are. Swear, insult etc as much as you like. Yet you NEVER pick up any remainers on their language. Yes I do use sarcasm, bad language and insults ….. there you go. Now maybe you'll pick other people up due to your rather strange issue.

He tried all that crap with me and ended up all frustrated , likes to think he's above people for some strange reason ,he really needs to get a grip and fall in line imho
Regards
DH

Nov 5, 2019
Before the referendum the EU was not top of peoples thoughts but with the referendum and all the bull since it has become the No 1 topic for so many people.It has been pushed right in peoples faces.If Cameron had managed to do something about immigration then I believe we wouldn't be where we are today.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Please..dear god...close it down for good and let the immature on here find another outlet for their petty squabbling, name calling and boorish behaviour. Maybe, when they are a bit older and have got used to having to surmount a few hurdles in life ( losing parents, getting divorced, suffering life threatening illness, business failure etc ) and have stopped thinking about themselves, they will realise that getting hysterical over Brexit isn't all that important in the whole scheme of things.

The thread can hit the depths but it can also reach the heights. In the last few pages alone there’s been a conversation about religious philosophy and there have been any number of technical and thoughtful posts over the months. But as you say, the depths... I can ignore the name-callers - my own pet irritants are the posters who float some daft assertion, are politely pulled up on it and then disappear without trace for a month before repeating the cycle.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Does anyone remember when I said Brexit is just a ploy to get people to hate each other...?

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think it's more to the point that the present party in Government of this country has used a doctored video to smear a senior opposition politician.
How, in anyway can you justify, or even defend such awful behaviour.
Your attempt at diversion is a also pretty pathetic, if you can't see how wrong this is, I wonder at your moral comoass.

Yes, his reply is absolutely pitiful. It is one of the most pathetic posts made on this thread, shocking in part because the poster is generally sensible (not that I agree with him on the whole, but that's irrelevant). It takes me back to a couple of years ago when someone with whom I had crossed swords in a perfectly amicable way suddenly lashed out with sub-schoolboy stereotyping mockery of a false take on my political perspective. I'm talking about the Prancing Ninny. Lose an argument then lash out. Nice.

I'd like to think I'd condemn any party if their official process sanctioned Russian-style fakery to smear an opponent. I am not aware of any such jiggery pokery of this nature previously in British Politics (well, excluding some of the stuff that went on before Irish independence). To pass it off as nothing, implying it is justified, is on a par with praising Savile for his charity work and donations to the tory party. FFS.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Are you seriously defending an obviously racist statement? And you wonder why remainers might think leavers are racist.

I'm EXPLAINING a non-racist post to a simpleton that thinks it's a racist post. Feel free to explain why it is racist ?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Yeah but you think it is ok to compare Abbott to a blind monkey so your opinion is irrelevant.

Really, it isn't a racist post. I've called my three children the three wise monkeys before when they decide to try and hide something they've done wrong. It's all about trying to cover something up or ignore something - the phrase Three Wise Monkeys that is - it's not about race.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Really, it isn't a racist post. I've called my three children the three wise monkeys before when they decide to try and hide something they've done wrong. It's all about trying to cover something up or ignore something - the phrase Three Wise Monkeys that is - it's not about race.

Plooks - I really do think Westdene Seagull is right. It's probably best to drop the racism claim.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I think Plooks is just monkeying about with you.

:lol: Very good. I wonder if [MENTION=15363]Plooks[/MENTION] would ever watch that great old TV series "The Monkees" or indeed listen to any of their music ? After all it must be racist ! :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here