Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Comic Sans

[tweet]1186650398037331968[/tweet]

Comic f**kin Sans

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Unfortunately, unlike many on here who profess to be knowledgeable and superior, I can only vote based on what I hear or read and I think that goes for most of the voting public as we are not all experts in these matters.

Which is exactly why there never should have been a referendum in the first place. May as well have given my cats a vote.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
We all have access to exactly the same information and make the same choice whether to evaluate the reliability of what we read and hear or whether to accept it without question. To question it is our most basic responsibility as voting citizens.

There is nothing knowledgeable or superior in choosing factual evidence and objective truth and experts with many years more expertise than ourselves, and rejecting the opinions of people who can provide no evidence or expertise like Gove, Rees-Mogg and Farage, or proven relentless liars like Johnson, and people who will make a lot of money out of what they're doing and can't (and don't) deny everyone else will suffer.

What's knowledgeable and superior about that? Surely it's just commonsense?

In years to come, when Brexit has happened, because I think it will, people will question how Brexit was ever seen as patriotic and many Leavers will be embarrassed to admit they were so conned. Now just a small fraction of the Government's own impact assessment is available for us all to read people will also question why some Leavers stood by their 2016 vote despite all the evidence being available they were destroying British jobs, industry, quality of life, education and 101 other things by doing so. Again, nothing superior about that, it's commonsense not to choose to destroy your country.

The best post in a long, long time. We’ll done. Nailed it.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Confirmation any public relief will be very short lived in this deal passes unamended....

Michel Barnier has fuelled fears of a no-deal Brexit at the end of 2020 after suggesting future negotiations on a trade deal might require more than three years of talks

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Glad you heard that too, I was incredulous listening along, I think he was stunned by her ability to witter on about how good the deal was going to be for the UK despite not being able to actually name ANY benefit , and yes, hilarious that she called him Nick repeatedly.

Maybe she'd been kicked in the head by a horse?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We all have access to exactly the same information and make the same choice whether to evaluate the reliability of what we read and hear or whether to accept it without question. To question it is our most basic responsibility as voting citizens.

There is nothing knowledgeable or superior in choosing factual evidence and objective truth and experts with many years more expertise than ourselves, and rejecting the opinions of people who can provide no evidence or expertise like Gove, Rees-Mogg and Farage, or proven relentless liars like Johnson, and people who will make a lot of money out of what they're doing and can't (and don't) deny everyone else will suffer.

In years to come, when Brexit has happened, because I think it will, people will question how Brexit was ever seen as patriotic and many Leavers will be embarrassed to admit they were so conned. Now just a small fraction of the Government's own impact assessment is available for us all to read people will also question why some Leavers stood by their 2016 vote despite all the evidence being available they were destroying British jobs, industry, quality of life, education and 101 other things by doing so. Again, nothing superior about that, it's commonsense not to choose to destroy your country.

Excellent post this.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Unfortunately, unlike many on here who profess to be knowledgeable and superior, I can only vote based on what I hear or read and I think that goes for most of the voting public as we are not all experts in these matters.

I can help you here. Just skim-read The Guardian every morning. This is how I gain expertise in all matters.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
If only Starmer was leader and they sorted themselves out.
I find it extraordinary that the Tories are so there for the taking and could never be back in power for many years yet they keep shooting themselves in the foot.
The thought of The Brexit Party picking up loads of votes because of this makes me go cold.
You would have thought that when push comes to shove only a tiny minority of the criminally insane would vote for 1 policy Brexit at a general election but sadly this is not the case with the British public today.

I think I'd rather Hilary Benn

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Glad you heard that too, I was incredulous listening along, I think he was stunned by her ability to witter on about how good the deal was going to be for the UK despite not being able to actually name ANY benefit , and yes, hilarious that she called him Nick repeatedly.

A lot of blame get put on the left behind areas of the north for Brexit, if they voted for Brexit I have some sympathy as they've been f**ked over for decades.

But its people like this in southern England that put us in the place we are now in, elderly, probably comfortably off with a nice pension. But clueless...

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/james-obrien/leave-voter-hails-boris-johnsons-brexit-deal/

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Excellent post, but he will ignore it, because it's 'fun' to have an argument on Nsc.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
A lot of blame get put on the left behind areas of the north for Brexit, if they voted for Brexit I have some sympathy as they've been f**ked over for decades.

But its people like this in southern England that put us in the place we are now in, elderly, probably comfortably off with a nice pension. But clueless...

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/james-obrien/leave-voter-hails-boris-johnsons-brexit-deal/

46225239678829ed217ae7df27140f5d.jpg

Don’t forget those pesky Northern folk....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here