Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
...and this is to create his own Empire, according to your claim... Evidence?

Just google it! If you can watch videos of that megalomaniac and not see he's a megalomaniac then I question your judgement, though I'm sure that's mutual.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Just google it! If you can watch videos of that megalomaniac and not see he's a megalomaniac then I question your judgement, though I'm sure that's mutual.

Let's just go over this again.
You make a claim that Verhofstadt is seeking to create an EU army because he has 'imperial' ambitions of his own; you even claim that is obvious. Nowhere is there evidence of that claim.... but since you say it's obvious, it's up to you to back up that serious assertion with some facts if you are to be believed.

You don't need to doubt my judgement, I have made no claims except that I am sceptical of opinions that seem to have no factual basis and are put out as 'obvious'.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018

I think [MENTION=11231]Rockerite[/MENTION] is referring to this. That the Americans can't be trusted as an ally under Trump. So let's organise ourselves a combined army for greater protection.

I guess someone told him about it and he didn't know where to look for proof, or even try to ascertain its truth to start with

Screenshot_20191020_184148.jpg

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Hang on, that's why you don't like the EU? But no law can be made that isn't voted on by the EU parliament, and that isn't subject to the veto of the UK government - so your issue is unfounded?

This is the bit that is causing the problem. Comparing the democracy of an individual country to that of a trading block.

Only those who have vowed to serve the EU rather than any individual Euro state can work for the Commission. This means that the Commission is neutral and non-partisan to individual Countries. So all legislation brought to the EU Parliament is for the benefit of the EU as a whole, not any individual state. I am very very happy with a neutral body who employs a civil service full of experts on the legislation that they produce - as long as it has to go through a representative democratic process to be made law; which it does via the EU Parliament.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I think he is referring to this. That the Americans can't be trusted as an ally under Trump. So let's organise ourselves a combined army for greater protection..

View attachment 116357

Okay.... that seems a reasonable statement, but my concern is that s/he is leaping to the conclusion that the covert purpose is to create some sort of Empire of which he will be Leader. Where does that inflammatory conclusion come from?
Apparently it's obvious!

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Okay.... that seems a reasonable statement, but my concern is that s/he is leaping to the conclusion that the covert purpose is to create some sort of Empire of which he will be Leader. Where does that inflammatory conclusion come from?

The Daily Mail, Express, or Faridge I would guess

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
The Daily Mail, Express, or Faridge I would guess

I am sure that's true.... but I am equally sure a 'free thinking' contributor on here will apply his/her own balanced mind to the matter and look for the evidence. I can't see that impartial evidence but apparently it's obvious!
Or is it just xenophobic prejudice?

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
You realize that you don't have to be British to be an MP?

You can't see that I want lawmakers to be elected by the people who will live under the laws that they make, and I said nothing about where they are from.

Why do you seem to want to argue that I have a problem with people who are not British? My mother isn't British. I am only half British.

What if the only thing I care about is what I said I care about? Lawmakers being elected by the people. What if that is where I stand?

Make an argument against my point of view, by all means. & I will listen to it respectfully.

So, a personal, emotional reason for voting on something despite the damage that could befall the country, or did you not consider the damage it could do?

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
I am sure that's true.... but I am equally sure a 'free thinking' contributor on here will apply his/her own balanced mind to the matter and look for the evidence. I can't see that impartial evidence but apparently it's obvious!
Or is it just xenophobic prejudice?

My initial comment was just flippant. My general thought is (s)he heard or read something and was able to twist to their anti-european stance.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Can someone explain how the f**k a Scottish court has any right to rule on the house of parliament?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But despite all the perceived and real negatives of this and the previous Conservative govt... Labour still trail miserable in almost any poll you care to examine.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Not that we need it but proves what an absolute shiteshow we have as representation

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
My initial comment was just flippant. My general thought is (s)he heard or read something and was able to twist to their anti-european stance.

Sorry if I sound rather 'over earnest'. I really want to know why people have such confidence to make these dramatic and damning statements.
If someone makes a judgement of this kind without evidence, then that's up to them.
If they spread it around, it is a lie.
If they state it as a fact ('it's obvious') then it's a fraud.
I would like to know if it is any or all of the above.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Wild, imaginative and frankly, ridiculous claims regarding Verhofstadt now? I thought leavers crap on here couldn't get funnier. I was wrong.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Can someone explain how the f**k a Scottish court has any right to rule on the house of parliament?

Because the English High Court was on ****ing holiday. That’s a ****ing fact. You can ****ing google it.

Another example of someone getting furious about something that has a perfectly reasonable explanation if one had just bothered to do a modicum of research.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here