Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
We know the Libs and the SNP have their own agendas and to a certain degree, Labour does also.

They need to vote for compromise and not their pipe dreams of winning an election.

The country can now ease into a sigh and............

How do you see this deal as a compromise?

Jan 30, 2008
Or

Prediction:

HoC vote down the deal on Saturday.

Benn Act triggered.

EU accept.

Vote Of No Confidence lost by government.

Opposition parties form temporary coalition.

Election called.

Tories record a record low MPs as No Deal Brexit Morons steak their votes.

Lab/Lib Dem coalition formed.

2nd Referendum ‘Law making not advisory’

Public vote 55% 45% to remain.

Law changed.

Brexit dead.
oh deary me , pie in the sky stuff , congratulations that's day dreaming at best, it never ceases to amaze me the deluded optimism of the UNDEMOCRATIC LOONS ON HERE
are you ready for Brexit ?
regards
DF

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Yes sure: but for the full version you'd need to trawl through my various postings on this tread. So in short: I think that Brexit is the worst development in British politics. economics and the social fabric in my lifetime. It has no redeeming features and will be a disaster. And I wish I'm wrong (again).

I completely respect your thoughts on this, I genuinely think we will be just fine.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
oh deary me , pie in the sky stuff , congratulations that's day dreaming at best, it never ceases to amaze me the deluded optimism of the UNDEMOCRATIC LOONS ON HERE
are you ready for Brexit ?
regards
DF

You actually believe this latest 'deal' will ever be passed?? :dunce:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Have you got to the following bits yet ?

Northern Ireland is in the UK's customs territory but in reality the EU's customs processes will apply, with some exemptions, rebates and other tweaks.

Northern Ireland will follow pages and pages of EU rules on agriculture and goods. Items entering Northern Ireland from Britain will be checked for compliance with those EU regulations to protect the rest of the EU in order for the single market to be physically protected.

Breaches of those rules can be sent to the European Court of Justice, which means the EU's highest court still administers EU law. The single market will be legally protected.

The people of NI can indeed decide if they want out of this. It's then down to Stormont to change the status quo and introduce a hard border. Nicely ducked, Johnson.

And Ninety-five per cent of this 'revised deal' is the same as that agreed with Theresa May, of which you said

I can't imagine what the people of NI could find to whine and moan about with this deal ?

Sounds just like the 'good deal' you have been waiting for :facepalm:

Absolutely spot on, as always.

As I noted a long time ago, throwing the Ulsterfolk under a bus is a shameful betrayal of the Union. It is half way to caving in to the IRA.

Well, that's how I'd view it were I an Ulster Unionist.

And, more to the point, if I were a supporter of the conservative and UNIONIST party.

Still, throwing the call back to Stormont in 4 years is genius. Boris and his team of coke-sniffing chancers may have cracked (gedditt??) that one, at least. If anyone in the province of England hasn't noticed, Stormont stopped sitting some years ago over a dispute over whether the Angel Gabriel is Protestant or Catholic. If ever there was a good time to throw the warring Christian sectarians to the wolves, the time is now. Inshallah!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Johnson can probably rely on the votes of the 21 kicked out ( minus Gyimah who joined the Lib Dems ) + Boles.

He'll need to get all the photos out to force all his MPs to fall into line.

If he gets 10+ Labour MPs it may be close, very close...

At which point he can tell the DUP they will lose all their bung if they don't fold...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
End of right to work, retire & live in 30 countries - weird, I know people that worked in these countries before we joined the EU ( ECC ). People retired there before as well. People lived there before. Actually I know people that have done all three activities in countries OUTSIDE the EU. Who would have thought it ?? Project Fear again.

You seem to have same the level of comprehension as our long lost illiterate friend [MENTION=5101]BigGully[/MENTION]. It is the end of a right. You currently have the right to move and work anywhere in the EU. This right will go. That doesn’t mean it’s impossible to move and work in the future....but you will be at the mercy of each individual country’s immigration system ie it will not be a right. This is very simple and you have been told this many times. But you still spout this shite.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'm very sorry and I don't mean to be condescending but has anyone actually read Johnson’s deal and can tell us what is so much better than May's deal.

Because, I'm really not trying to cause trouble, but shouting 'we should just get on with it' or 'everyone should just compromise' or 'it's the will of the people' sounds a little

Well

Sort of

Stupid, if you can't explain why :shrug:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Absolutely spot on, as always.

As I noted a long time ago, throwing the Ulsterfolk under a bus is a shameful betrayal of the Union. It is half way to caving in to the IRA.

Well, that's how I'd view it were I an Ulster Unionist.

And, more to the point, if I were a supporter of the conservative and UNIONIST party.

Still, throwing the call back to Stormont in 4 years is genius. Boris and his team of coke-sniffing chancers may have cracked (gedditt??) that one, at least. If anyone in the province of England hasn't noticed, Stormont stopped sitting some years ago over a dispute over whether the Angel Gabriel is Protestant or Catholic. If ever there was a good time to throw the warring Christian sectarians to the wolves, the time is now. Inshallah!

Very good post as always.

One thing though - it's not 'Inshallah!' - it's - 'The papal, Holy Father in Rome, so he will, the Roman Catholic Church so it is, shall burn in all e-turn-eedee/why don't you...switch...off...your...television...set...and...go...do...something...less...boring...instead.'

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
There is no way this is nearly done. It’s a deal May had two years ago that all the rabid foaming at the mouth extreme brexiteers on here were raging against. Now it’s a great deal. :ffsparr: it’s going back to the country for a deal or stay vote. Simple. All happy

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I'm very sorry and I don't mean to be condescending but has anyone actually read Johnson’s deal and can tell us what is so much better than May's deal.

Because, I'm really not trying to cause trouble, but shouting 'we should just get on with it' or 'everyone should just compromise' or 'it's the will of the people' sounds a little

Well

Sort of

Stupid, if you can't explain why :shrug:

Having just had a look, the Guido Fawkes blog-site seems to be crowing about this deal and the 'fracturing' of The Brexit Party. They do seem to be having at go at Farage in a quite personal, distasteful manner. Poor show. :nono:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Having just had a look, the Guido Fawkes blog-site seems to be crowing about this deal and the 'fracturing' of The Brexit Party. They do seem to be having at go at Farage in a quite personal, distasteful manner. Poor show. :nono:

I just saw Bridgen on 4 news.

for a man about to get what he has wanted his entire life he seemed depressed.

wonder why....

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Chris Grayling confirms he and his allies will be voting for the deal and he is very confident it will be voted through.

:nono:

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Seldom do I call these sorts of events, but this time I might have cracked it.

Bojo has a deal and despite what avast minority (including myself) voted for, it is what Great Britain collectively wanted (oh and democratically so).
If Parliament reject the deal then he will be in a position to say to the electorate 'I had a deal, which is what you voted for....and Parliament has not delivered'.
The opposition can't sensibly then force him into a General Election because he would get a majority mandate for the deal.....I say this because I voted against leaving but would now vote to leave to uphold the rule of democratic law and I reckon millions countrywide would do likewise.....

What do we have from the opposition?

....SNP harping on about 'Social Justice' , whatever that is? Whilst they take £14bn a year from Westminster and still can't make ends meet.
....Labour give us 'For the many not the few' and want to put the vote back to the country whilst spending over 1 1/2 times our NHS budget on re-nationalising industries (Jeez!)
....Lib dems ...well what really do they say?
.....Greens....? Support Extinction Rebellion with their far left influences?

Get it through and then concentrate on other more pressing matters, like wealth generation, utilities infrastructure, persuading the big economies to reduce their carbon footprint.

We have all had enough........get it done FFS!

TNBA

TTF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here