Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
By the way, I am still waiting for some specific examples of how all/some of our lives will be better outside the EU.

Not having 1000 people a day arriving in the UK, putting more pressure on our housing stock. In the process, driving up house prices and rents.

Then there's the pressure on the NHS, school places....

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Not having 1000 people a day arriving in the UK, putting more pressure on our housing stock. In the process, driving up house prices and rents.

When's this happening then? It's just since 2016 and the drop in migration from the EU we've replaced EU migrants, basically like-for-like, with non EU migrants. Outside of The EU, the majority of the rest of the world is made of developing countries too and people from developing countries are more likely to need to use the NHS and have more children, exacerbating school places and the housing stock etc.

I don't know about you, but I can't wait for the Singapore model the Tories are bringing in. Singapore is based on 30% of it's workforce being immigrants. They're surrounded by developing countries to exploit the workforce of, we've got the Commonwealth to milk! Bangladesh, Pakistan, Nigeria - the more the merrier, eh? Everybody loves Pakistanis, right?

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Unfortunately/fortunately most of us don't have the time to post 24/7 even when on holiday/eating out unlike your good self :smokin:

So we don't

The Brexit thread - Who Posted?

Posts 3.696 - Pretty pink fairy
Posts 3,546 - The Clamp
Posts 3,463 - Two Professors
Posts 3,413 - ManOfSussex
Posts 3,389 - JC Footy Genius
Posts 3,373 - Herr Tubthumper
Posts 3,362 - pastafarian
Posts 3,263 - Baldseagull
Posts 2,963 - WATFORD zero

:facepalm:

Maybe you just stay in 24/7 posting. Are you Two profs in disguise ? :lolol:

Last edited:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I've the popcorn out here waiting to see the incredible twists and turns people who were formerly staunch Unionists will make to justify Boris effectively handing NI away if this rehashed deal goes through.

Realistically if the UK had never privatised electricity in Northern Ireland and kept stronger controls on who could build a gas network (it didn't have one); it wouldn't have been quite as doomsday over keeping it in the SM/CU and the hardest of hard Brexits was plausible.

But because NIE was privatised and the Irish Government bought the important bits; and was allowed build the gas network it created a situation where leaving the SM/CU would literally turn the lights out. Thatcherism comes back to haunt modern Tories again - of course she was in favour of the Single Market anyway.

They're not Unionists though and in fairness to them, the English nationalist Brexiteers on this thread don't even pretend to be anymore.

The Union is finished. In hindsight, post Empire/1945, it's surprising it lasted as long as it did. Never mind the prospect of Scottish independence and Irish unification, support for Welsh independence is now at circa 45% and rising amongst 18-24 year old's there. The arrogant, disdainful, English argument of the economic cost to independence doesn't wash anymore. If the Baltic states, Slovakia etc can become independent countries within The EU, why can't any they? When you've got another clueless, English, Old Etonian Tory Prime Minister telling them what's best, frankly who can blame any of them?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

A post straight out of Nigel Farage's little red book of lies.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
So we don't

Posts 3,546 - The Clamp

Confusing number of posts with availability to post ... how very you. :lolol:

Louis MacNeice

Dec 7, 2015

Decades of sustained under investment in social housing, the promotion of house price inflation and the increasing availability of personal debt to finance housing are the stories behind the increased pressure on housing stock. It may not be as easy to point the finger at as foreigners coming here taking our homes, but it is true.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
So we don't

Posts 3,546 - The Clamp

You've openly admitted to posting while on your balcony on holiday and while out to dinner ( Mrs WZ must find you perfect company ! ) so the numbers mean nothing. You're that sad that you post on the thread while out on leisure activities :facepalm:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Migration watch is a completely non biased website, of course.

Theresa May moved the goalposts for immigration figures when she started including overseas students in her figures at the Home Office. These students pay full price for their uni courses, bringing in valuable income, and leave again 3 or 4 years later.
Boris Johnson, has already said that all foreign students can stay on for further two years, after their course has finished.
Do you really think that immigration will go down after Brexit? It won't.

Btw immigrants don't steal our jobs, but do pay income tax, and VAT which contributes to our economy.

Family breakdowns contribute to the housing crisis far more than immigrants. Single occupancy flats are far more in demand, than family homes.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You've openly admitted to posting while on your balcony on holiday and while out to dinner ( Mrs WZ must find you perfect company ! ) so the numbers mean nothing. You're that sad that you post on the thread while out on leisure activities :facepalm:

I do hope that was written in an Alan Partridge voice, as that was they way I heard it.

I'm very sorry that I have quite a full and active social life. I have indeed, posted on NSC while sitting on my balcony after a day's skiing (and Mrs Wz does moan about it. Between you and me, I think the only reason that Mrs Wz puts up with me is because I'm loaded and hung like a donkey). It's just that if I didn't multi-task, then you and JCFG wouldn't get the benefit of my experience, knowledge and guidance when you start posting foolish things :shrug:

Anyway, back to the point of Brexit, and now you are actually talking to me, do you think that this 'new:wink:' deal from Johnson, is the 'good deal' that yourself and [MENTION=33253]JC Footy Genius[/MENTION] have been looking for the last 3.5 years ?

Last edited:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

I assume there's a camera policy, so when you're engaging in leisure activities at certain places you like to frequent they must ask you to put all devices in a locker or something first, so you wouldn't be able to post on NSC.

You shouldn't judge other people by your own standards Westdene............

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
But I keep getting told by Brexit supporters that Brexit isn't about immigration ???

Why any Brexit voter, who calls the PM 'Boris', who wants to give amnesty to circa 500k illegal immigrants, who also votes for the Tory Party, who have dropped the 'tens of thousands' migration target policy and have 4 authors of 'Britannia Unchained' in cabinet, who drool about the 'Singapore model' and all that entails, still bang on about immigration beats me. :shrug:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I assume there's a camera policy, so when you're engaging in leisure activities at certain places you like to frequent they must ask you to put all devices in a locker or something first, so you wouldn't be able to post on NSC.

You shouldn't judge other people by your own standards Westdene............

You really have a bee in your bonnet about that don't you ? You must be a very straight laced person.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Good of the Remain team to start advertising what a complete clusterf**k voting to leave will be.

Just a shame it's 3 years too late.

[tweet]1181948315895771138[/tweet]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1183316925058863104[/tweet]

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You really have a bee in your bonnet about that don't you ? You must be a very straight laced person.

Sorry you seem to have been gone off the point of the thread (again).

Do you think that this 'new' deal from Johnson, is the 'good deal' that yourself and [MENTION=33253]JC Footy Genius[/MENTION] have been looking for the last 3.5 years ?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

It's just 'bantz' as pastafarian would call it. :kiss:

Although I would draw a line at what is considered acceptable behaviour on a Sussex beach, on which you and me will have to beg to differ, I wouldn't call myself straight laced. Far from it. What consenting adults get up to in the privacy and comfort of naturist health spas in Kemp Town is entirely up to them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here