Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
That is not what Jean Claude Juncker said on the news. He said it gives an area for discussion.room for negotiations which would suggest that they wont just dismiss it but will discuss the agreement to then make a decision..
Will be interesting, when the EU says we would like to give this serious consideration and we will give you a decision in Mid November.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Will be interesting, when the EU says we would like to give this serious consideration and we will give you a decision in Mid November.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

He won't have Johnson to give an answer to though - as he'll be lying dead in that ditch....

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Johnson is far too upbeat and jolly. I have a sinking feeling this is all going according to plan for him.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Johnson is far too upbeat and jolly. I have a sinking feeling this is all going according to plan for him.

Yes, all bluff while he runs down the clock. Heading for the final episode, a cliffhanger... and yet another series?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Interestingly despite all the recent unprecedented legal and political shock waves hitting the government, the Tories still lead in the polls Con 34 (+1) Lab 21 (-1) Lib 23 (+2) - YouGov (30 Sep - 1st Oct). Before [MENTION=14365]Thunder Bolt[/MENTION] puts on her tinfoil hat regarding imaginary YouGov bias .. Opinium in the Observer gave the Tories a 12 point lead in their last poll.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...s-ahead-of-labour-in-a-new-poll-a7685271.html.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

Of course it is.
Years of plotting, planning, back stabbing to become prime minister but he got his way in the end.
Doing exactly the same with Brexit but under a much shorter time scale.
I hate him but he does have this knack of getting what he wants, trouble is that it's all about himself he doesn't give a toss about anyone else therefore you cannot trust a single word he says.
I think the commons will just about get this through but no way will the EU agree to it.
So no deal it is then and we are well and truly ****ed unless Jason Donovan brings out a number 1 greatest hits album.
It's what Johnson wanted all along, the man is a dangerous maniac.
But how is he going to do it without an extension?
Nobody knows, not even the cabinet.
I thought the Tories showed themselves up today for what they really are, Lord Snooty and his pals,a bunch of slack jawed, toffee nosed lap dogs.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

I think he knows the only way to stop him is for there to be a vote of no confidence and for a government of national unity to form to block his move however, he knows that Corbyn won't let anyone else lead that but unless he stands aside for someone like Harman or Clarke then the numbers don't add up to win the vote!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
When did I say I wanted to abide by a vote from 1975? I didn't. Stop lying you vacuous ****.

Logic not your strong point then little Plooky Wooky ! And you'll be sent to the naughty step if you continue to use language like that.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Why? Please point put where I said I wanted to follow the result of an old vote.
Why can't you call a **** a **** anymore? You snowflakes like to dish out your racist brexit rhetoric but can not take it. Going to cry to the mods are you? Get them to ban anyone who disagrees with you so you can have your little safe space free from all the nasty people with doffering opinions? Pathetic.

Good grief .... it's like having a conversation with a stroppy six year old. So, the 1975 referendum was a vote where the public confirmed they wished to stay in the EEC. Now it's rather obvious you're not a leaver .... so you must be a remainer .... thus you support the result of the 1975 referendum which was remain. There, it wasn't so difficult was it.

Now onto the rest of your diatribe ..... it's rather simple, much like you really, there's a swear filter. Hence you can't call people, or in this case me, a ****. And along the same lines calling me a racist ? Please show me any post where I've been racist ?

I didn't report you to the mods, I doubt anyone did. It was your own stupidity that got you your ban .... and judging by your most recent posts I suspect it won't be long before you get another ban.

D

Deleted member 2719

No but a mandate that is years old is kind of irrelevant.

So because we have been in the EU for 40+ years, meaning the original referendum was overdue and irrelevant, so it was right to listen to the people in 2016, and the people voted LEAVE.

Give it another 25 years and maybe we can take another look at rejoining, but currently, the vote is LEAVE.

GET BREXIT DONE.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Serious question, why didn’t No.10 even consider running their plans past the Irish before submitting them to the EU?

Are they ignorant?

Are they arrogant?

Or are they just a bit stupid?

Seems three and a half years on and so little has been learnt.

I feared back in 2016 the UK would be ultimately be Europe's sacrificial lamb, and I still have the same fears today

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Serious question, why didn’t No.10 even consider running their plans past the Irish before submitting them to the EU?

Are they ignorant?

Are they arrogant?

I feared back in 2016 the UK would be ultimately be Europe's sacrificial lamb, and I still have the same fears today

They know what they are doing.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

firstly, officially they are only supposed to negotiate with EU remember? secondly, they did unofficially and the original leak came from Ireland. everyone is playing their own game.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Starting to think Labour should say to government if they cannot agree to a confirmatory vote on any final deal, then they should not agree to an election.

That should be the condition of the way forward, we need to move on....

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Are they ignorant?

Are they arrogant?

The Irish Times editorial today and closing remarks sum it all up quite succinctly:

While claiming to support the Belfast Agreement, the Johnson government is showing a wilful disregard for it and for the commitments the UK made in negotiations with the EU in December 2017. The most credible conclusion is that the prime minister and those around him have anticipated that this offer will be rejected and their primary objective in framing it in such a manner is their own domestic political advantage.

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/...roposals-unrealistic-and-unworkable-1.4038032

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
firstly, officially they are only supposed to negotiate with EU remember? secondly, they did unofficially and the original leak came from Ireland. everyone is playing their own game.

Yes I know, but at least test the water first with the Irish. They clearly failed to do that, smacks of public school boy arrogance...

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales

Yeah, his plan is to wind down the clock and give the EU a deal they cannot agree to, so he can say he tried his best but the bloody Liberal elite stood in his way.

However, he has united the Opposition into a No Deal alliance, that wasn't supposed to happen.

He now has the Benn act making it illegal to not try to get an extension if there isn't an agreed deal in just over two weeks time, that wasn't supposed to happen.

He got caught out misleading the Queen by the highest court in the land, that wasn't supposed to happen.

He's being investigated for abusing his position as Mayor of London to give funds to a 'close friend', that wasn't supposed to happen.

He had to kick out twenty one MP's from his party, including the Father of the House, his hero's grandson, former Chancellors and Attorney General, watched his majority cross the floor to the Lib Dems his first day at the dispatch box, have his brother resign because of his approach, have allegations of groping hanging over him and possibly worst of all, having his disposable coffee cup taken away from him. None of this was meant to happen.

He may be going in the direction he wants, but he isn't happy the road he's on is full of massive potholes.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Yes I know, but at least test the water first with the Irish. They clearly failed to do that, smacks of public school boy arrogance...

you missed the second point, they did test the waters. the "non-papers" were floated around for weeks, with nods and winks on what were preferred options. the question is if a they got a no from the Irish and went ahead with an option anyway or got a yes and they are backtracking. a key point before you conclude, the proposal is near to plans for how to deal with no-deal (which the Irish unlike most others, have completely failed to prepare for). i suppose it comes down to whether you believe Johnson truely wants no deal or wants to get any deal over the line. i dont subscribe to the former as its worse, more risky option.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here