Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
They can offset some of their loss by selling more to the Far East after agreeing free trade deals with Japan and South Korea and filling the gap in the market left behind by the decimation of the UK car industry. Even then, there's a strong degree of brand loyalty still in the UK for their cars. They're OK.

They are also wrapped up in the USA/China trade fallout and the higher tariffs that are being enforced there, so it will be pretty important to them to protect the UK market as much as possible.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Third largest buyer of German cars in the world, not bothered? Priceless.

They will still be selling cars to the UK. What dont you understand exactly?
People who can afford German cars now, will still buy them in the future.
so what is the loss...do you think EVERYBODY will stop buying German cars because they are more expensive due to a 10 percent tariff?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
They will still be selling cars to the UK. What dont you understand exactly?

Trying to be a pedant and patronise doesn't really work. People will not pay an extra tariff on a Golf or a Passat when these get introduced. They will buy cheaper cars from America, Japan, South Korea, etc.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Trying to be a pedant and patronise doesn't really work. People will not pay an extra tariff on a Golf or a Passat when these get introduced. They will buy cheaper cars from America, Japan, South Korea, etc.

So, you think everybody will stop buying German cars? Seriously? ok.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Who will then?

No-one. It will crash and burn. Germany have already said they are entering a recession, where will the find a few billion Euro's extra from? Unless of course they hilt taxes on their own. Generally that doesn't go down well.

Jan 30, 2008
to be fair a lot of German cars these days are sold on a Deposit with monthly payments and limited mileage contracts
regards
DR

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Where did I say that? Good God if this is a remainer argument I bow out.

'People will not pay an extra tariff on a Golf or a Passat when these get introduced. They will buy cheaper cars from America, Japan, South Korea, etc.'

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
are you ready for Brexit ?
regards
DW

Yeah I'm ready to tell my child when he's old enough to understand that one day UK residents had the rights to live, love, study, work and travel freely across 27 nations, but some very short sighted close minded people voted to remove that ability from him.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
'People will not pay an extra tariff on a Golf or a Passat when these get introduced. They will buy cheaper cars from America, Japan, South Korea, etc.'

And you take that as 100% en masse... I despair. If German manufacturers lose even 30% of sales to the UK they will be losing a huge part of their business. If you can't see that go to the same place as Jack Leach.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Yeah I'm ready to tell my child when he's old enough to understand that one day UK residents had the rights to live, love, study, work and travel freely across 27 nations, but some very short sighted close minded people voted to remove that ability from him.

When have we ever been able to travel freely? Have you been to Spain without your passport?

Jan 30, 2008
Yeah I'm ready to tell my child when he's old enough to understand that once UK residents to live, love, study, work and travel freely across 27 nations, but some very short sighted close minded people voted to remove that ability from him.
he wont know any different by then , the days of people strolling in and phoning a friend are coming to an end, anyone worth their salt will be welcome and can apply for a work visa no problem at all, works in other countries and will work here:thumbsup:
regards
DY

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
No-one. It will crash and burn. Germany have already said they are entering a recession, where will the find a few billion Euro's extra from? Unless of course they hilt taxes on their own. Generally that doesn't go down well.

This is quite silly really. Recession fears were being driven by an on-going trade war between the US/China which have now eased off. Let us not forget Italy have been 'folding' for 4 years now and still haven't. So I think Germany will be fine. Contrary to belief, it wouldn't have affected the UK anyway as we are not required to be part of any financial rescue packages as per the treaties.

Also, Brexit is having an effect on Germany as well as ourselves, how could it not? Let's not forget that we have just had a contraction ourselves.

In terms of Billions lost in membership fees, Germany are net contributors themselves. The only countries which stand to lose out are net beneficiaries of the Bloc, unless the EU can enforce higher fees for the remaining members.So I am not really clear why Germany would ever need to replace £Bns.

Brexit or No Brexit, I do not expect money to stop moving between the UK/EU and trade will continue, with money flowing from the UK into the EU. So I am not particularly sure why anybody would think the EU automatically become at further risk after Brexit. Unless we switch suppliers of certain products to none EU countries.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here