Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Realistically, Johnson has 3 choices from Monday, ask for an Article 50 extension. (Humiliation)
Resign. (Humiliation,)and the next PM asks for an extension.
Don’t ask for an extension, go out on a no deal. And go to prison for breaking the law.(Humiliation)

In the words of Sir Walter Scott “oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive”

Jan 30, 2008
I don’t care what he promised. He had no legal authority to promise such a thing.

Christ, I can’t believe I followed a link of yours.

Deluded Vagina?

Really, so he had no right to say it would be your choice, can you remind us what the choice was in the referendum ????
Regards
DA

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
West Yorkshire police thought Johnson was only going to use the cadets for a recruitment drive. They are not best pleased.

[tweet]1169919596150870018[/tweet]

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
West Yorkshire police thought Johnson was only going to use the cadets for a recruitment drive. They are not best pleased.

[tweet]1169919596150870018[/tweet]

Steven Bannon is finding out quite quickly that things that work in the US do not work quite so well over here.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The conspiracy theorist in me tells me all this shit is just theatre with the purpose of stalling and making people annoyed enough to just stay in the EU just like the elite wants. Sure, the English people voted to leave EU, but if the banksters and oligarchs had any interest in democracy they wouldnt have put the power in Brussels in the first place.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So are you saying the other newspapers were constantly reminding readers the Referendum was some sort of charade ?

If you require a newspaper to constantly remind you about what's happening in the country, I can see how the truth may come as something of a surprise ???

It was all there, easily available to anyone who spent the slightest amount of time prior to putting their cross in the box.

It appears you now understand you were lied to, but still seem to be struggling to identify those responsible.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
The conspiracy theorist in me tells me all this shit is just theatre with the purpose of stalling and making people annoyed enough to just stay in the EU just like the elite wants. Sure, the English people voted to leave EU, but if the banksters and oligarchs had any interest in democracy they wouldnt have put the power in Brussels in the first place.

The elite wants us to remain? Lucky we've got salt of the earth types like JRM and Bojo to help us get out.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Hardly a conspiracy theory it's pretty clear many MP's have always thought if they drag it out long enough and vote against anything the government does and refuse to make a decision on what type of Brexit they would support they hope enough people will simply get fed up and vote to end the chaos. As did the Welsh!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I don't think there's a facepalm hard enough for this tweet

[tweet]1169928730652733440[/tweet]

I get the intent but the way they've worded it sounds like they've been having some sort of problem with KFC as well.

This is the Conservative own twitter feed, further evidence how far they have fallen. Should leave this stuff to the non-dom press barons they are so pally with....

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Nothing to do with the elite wanting us out of the EU ASAP - at any cost so they don't need to pay loads more tax starting in 2020?

https://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/policies/anti-tax-avoidance-package/

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Silly tweet of the day. Err we are still in the EU, and there is zero tariffs on beer.

This just shows Wetherspoons have been overcharging all the time, or else he's cutting back on his poor downtrodden staff wages again.

[tweet]1169887796439343104[/tweet]

Loss leaders for losers....

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
All morons hate it when you call them a moron - J. D. Salinger (he was a writer btw).

When you cut pieces out of the truth to avoid looking like a fool you end up looking like a moron instead.

Robin Hobb (also a writer and the quote above the JD Salinger one you copied and pasted from wiseoldsayings.com)

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Asked how he would deliver a new deal at the EU summit on 17 October, he said:

By powers of persuasion. Because there’s absolutely no doubt we should come out …. It’s a pointless delay.

There we have it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Love the idea that the likes of Jacob Rees-Mogg, Aaron Banks, Nigel Farage, Paul Dacre, Rupert Murdoch and Boris Johnson aren't elites. Imagine being gullible enough to genuinely think they worked in your interest.

Real men of the people, these multi-millionaires and multi-billionaires, aren't they?

:facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here