Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
There's cloak and daggers going on in regards to this, but as he's said 'what's good for the goose is good for the gander', would he really risk expelling circa 60+ ERG die hards who've said they won't vote for the withdrawal agreement, particularly with Farage and The Brexit Party about to fully mobilise in the subsequent election? That's the problem he's got with it. Any 'changes' will be merely cosmetic.

Either Cummings will say don't vote for the WA, or they will say do vote for it, I cant see how the official Government position would be abstention?

In which case the likes of May will be expelled when she votes for her deal, or the ERG will be expelled when they don't vote for the deal.

As [MENTION=25]Gwylan[/MENTION] said they are skewered.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Assuming the election motion is allowed back on Monday, I can't see Johnson winning it.
I can't see Johnson trying to bring a bill for an election as an alternative, as it's subject to amendments and Lords scrutiny, so control of the date is lost.
I can't see him bringing a motion of no confidence in his own Government because of how it would look.
Assuming prorogation goes ahead, along with the conferences, I can't see come October how his Queens Speech passes, so we're then into no confidence territory and a subsequent election in November. That still leaves the issue of no deal to tidy up. What does he do?

1. Go cap in hand, do what parliament have said and fight the election the month after?
2. Try and resurrect the withdrawal agreement?
3. Try and dig in, not appoint a UK commissioner in the hope The EU expel us as a result and trash The UK's international reputation even further?
4. As he'd rather die in a ditch, could he resign as PM pending an election in the hope that Corbyn is the one to get the extension from The EU and throw that at him in the subsequent election?
5. Just Say - Ra, ra, ra, tally ho, almost scored a goal in the wall game at Eton once, it's all tremendous jolly good fun what-what-what, blah-blah-blah, our own free trade deals with Nyasaland, blah-blah-blah, they all look the same, Jeremy Corbyn is an oik who ought to know his place, blah-blah-blah, negotiations with our EU chums, tremendous etc - basically he hasn't a clue.
6. Or something else?

At the moment I'm thinking he'll just do No.5.

He could push for a vote of no confidence in himself rather than the Government which, if he won, I believe could force a GE.

But labour, SNP, Lib Dems etc would then simply back him in a vote of confidence :lolol:

If only someone could have predicted that this would end in a total f*** up at the time of the referendum. Or maybe they did, but it was drowned out under shouts of 'project fear' ???

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Their sister has always been pro Europe. Many people thought De Piffle would come out for Remain but he flip flopped right ar the last minute in 2016, which was strange as he was known to like Free Movement.
I suspect Bannon & Cummings got to him with the money.
As he is so weak & cowardly, it won't take much to tip him over the edge.

Who knows what inconvenient skeletons are in what inconvenient cupboards. ???

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Starting to wonder if some of you actually read what is being written even by yourselves or just jump in
you asked me a question as if you didn’t understand the figures.

I said what the figures meant

You followed up with a question specifically asking what the plus side is

I said the plus side is lower import tariffs is cheaper for the consumer.
Thought it was obvious If the fuel that was previously imported from outside the EU at 4.7% is now imported at 0% it is cheaper for the importer. Fuel that was previously imported at 0% from inside the EU remains at 0%. Its not rocket science.

:shrug:

It goes without saying, if the tariffs go up for the exporter from 0% to 4.7% its worse for the exporter. Does it really need laying out for you
Some are importers and exporters some are just one, so swings and roundabouts too. But markets adjust to opportunity
But tell me, If you said to the average consumer here your fuel and fuel related bills might be cheaper with lower import tariffs but the downside is the big fuel companies would take a hit on their massive profits from their export division, I wonder what the average consumer fed up with high fuel bills will do first……snigger or snigger?
So the problem won't be the UK's inability to export petrol after a No Deal Brexit.
Or the UK market being undercut by Russia.
It will be 'big business' profiteering from a No Deal Brexit.

If only we could have seen that coming.

Last edited:

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
Hey hey!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
When you pop back into the office after you've left to see how everyone's getting on

5d6f70ecfc7e9346758b4660.JPG

He's done what ?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So the problem won't be the UK's inability to export petrol after a No Deal Brexit.
It will be 'big business' profiteering from a No Deal Brexit.

If only we could have seen that coming.

Well pasta always said there would be opportunities post Brexit :wink:

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
As is Yvette Cooper (who was part of the Labour team who got us our stadium)

True, although is she isn't part of the current Labour leadership.

If we are including sound labour MPs more generally then Benn should be in that list too, as I am sure there are others.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
The Labour leadership is so woeful. There are no heavy hitters, most are challenged a bit intellectually, at least relative to previous equivalents.
That is the ultimate irony. The Ernests of this world have their Wolfie Smith they have always dreamed of which condemns us to this chaos for a long time.All Boris has to do is keep on about a Surrender Bill or just keep mentioning Corbyn and they will probably get back in as enough people will buy it. Which is why he keeps on about a General Election as asking the people what they want to do about Brexit. Them getting back in will be claimed as a mandate to do what the hell they like whereas is is just a vote of no confidence in Labour. For me and plenty of others, the next election will be like the South Park episode where you have to choose between a giant douche or a turd sandwich. And when the giant douche wins, he will proclaim it as a mandate for douches everywhere. Whereas it will likely be that people were a bit more scared of the turd sandwich giving all of our money to one armed, lesbian, Syrian single mothers who support the IRA than a giant douche giving money to his rich mates and depriving people of medicine because it is what we voted for.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
That is the ultimate irony. The Ernests of this world have their Wolfie Smith they have always dreamed of which condemns us to this chaos for a long time.All Boris has to do is keep on about a Surrender Bill or just keep mentioning Corbyn and they will probably get back in as enough people will buy it. Which is why he keeps on about a General Election as asking the people what they want to do about Brexit. Them getting back in will be claimed as a mandate to do what the hell they like whereas is is just a vote of no confidence in Labour. For me and plenty of others, the next election will be like the South Park episode where you have to choose between a giant douche or a turd sandwich. And when the giant douche wins, he will proclaim it as a mandate for douches everywhere. Whereas it will likely be that people were a bit more scared of the turd sandwich giving all of our money to one armed, lesbian, Syrian single mothers who support the IRA than a giant douche giving money to his rich mates and depriving people of medicine because it is what we voted for.

It's why it would be so much more sensible to have the second referendum before any GE.

Then people can decide whether to have a turd sandwich giving all of our money to one armed, lesbian, Syrian single mothers who support the IRA or a giant douche giving money to his rich mates and depriving people of medicine, running the country after Brexit has been sorted.

Unfortunately, common sense went west and hasn't been seen again, ever since the moment the pig f****r said 'I've got a great idea to cover up the cracks in my party' :shootself

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
They are all a bunch of liars
Dingodan is correct, it's pretty much over in my book.

How stupid of me to think our politicians would listen to the views of people.

If it is all over I almost think it’s a shame we couldn’t just “role play” a no deal Brexit for a month or two. Just to show your mob the exact reason the recommendation of a corrupt, illegal referendum was considered extensively but ultimately democratically rejected as it would tear asunder the U.K.
Thank your lucky stars you will likely never get to find out now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here