Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Jan 30, 2008
From the BBC:

'Former cabinet minister Rory Stewart, who voted against the government last night, was sacked from the Conservative Party by text message.

Extraordinarily, he received the text just as he was going on stage to collect an award as one of GQ magazine's men of the year.

He told the lively audience: "I'm very proud to take the award as politician of the year on the evening of which I cease to be a politician."

Top man Rory, his day will come again :clap2:

It already has , he was told what to expect :wink:
regards
DF

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
People still wanting no-deal, knowing full well how damaging that would be to the country are just weird in my opinion

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
So, despite all of the shenanigans last night, it could STILL go to No Deal?

Yes, I think that’s unlikely though (there have already been rumours they would offer an extension even before we ask for one), particularly as they know an extension would allow for a GE to happen, and thanks to the likes of Soames it wouldn’t be our doing.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I see Rory Stewart has confirmed that he'll stand as an Independent if he can't stand for the Tories - Spreadsheet Phil is taking them to court.

I think the government (and I use the world loosely) has created a new set of problems for itself.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
People still wanting no-deal, knowing full well how damaging that would be to the country are just weird in my opinion

I'm sure there's a sub section that would welcome it.
I just never would have put Welsh livestock farmers in that group.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
If the Tories lose their Scottish seats (relatively likely I think) where are they going to pick up enough to win a majority? Seems a ridiculous gamble, even if it is the plan.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1169147318114947073[/tweet]

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yet JRM voted against the government over 100 times and got made leader of the house. Weird huh.

JRM.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1169005409354571782[/tweet]

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The referendum result was known in 2016, he’s spent the last 3 years calling for a GE, it looks like he’ll get his desire and now all of a sudden it doesn’t suit him?

The date is the all important issue. Johnson wants to call an election so we fall out of the EU with no deal as a default. That's why Corbyn won't agree, at the moment.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton

Not weird just selfish.

Jacob Rees Mogg is their standard bearer. Already personally better off by millions thanks to a Brexit referendum win he fought for. He charges the investment firm he is a 15% owner of £500 per hour for his services. “It is easy to see” why Jacob “so loves Brexit, and the chaos and disorder, and opportunities for disaster capitalism and super-elitism, that it may provide.”

So they are either rich and will be better off with no deal especially relative to everyone else.

The other selfish ones are those that have very little. They believe others will lose more than them making them relatively better off.

Anyone who thinks of the country, the population as a whole or their kids' future obviously runs a mile from wanting no deal.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If the Tories lose their Scottish seats (relatively likely I think) where are they going to pick up enough to win a majority? Seems a ridiculous gamble, even if it is the plan.
'UKIP' has taken over the tories now. Kicked out the one nation wing.

Suddenly the Brexit Party stands aside and the map turns tory blue.

Johnson sweeps into power with a 50+ majority, repeals the anti-no-deal legislation, *no deal*s us all, and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

( unless the squabbling lib dems and labour etc. actually have a proper pact where they stand aside in seats ).

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here