Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
According to Boris Johnson, the GE will be a straight choice for the electorate between him and Jeremy Corbyn. This is a no-brainer as one of these

- seeks to de-select any MP who disagrees with his extreme ideas

- threatens to ignore the Rule of Law and our Parliamentary conventions

- will lurch into an irresponsible spending spree to bribe the public as soon as he's elected

- and will deliberately take the country to the edge of chaos in order to deliver a policy that has been driven by ideological zealots in his party

The only trouble is that I'm not sure which of the 2 is being described. But I do know he hasn't got a beard.

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
Hey hey!

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
Paul Brand(@PaulBrandITV)

NEW: Remainer source says they expect PM to put down a dissolution motion (calling an election) with what appears to be a “reasonable” polling date before 31 Oct, trick MPs into voting for it, then use prerogative proclamation power to move polling day to after 31s Oct.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

NEW: Remainer source says they expect PM to put down a dissolution motion (calling an election) with what appears to be a “reasonable” polling date before 31 Oct, trick MPs into voting for it, then use prerogative proclamation power to move polling day to after 31s Oct.

Desperate stuff now.......

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I do apologise. You didn't say we should 'take out the backstop'.

You seem to have had a problem concentrating/understanding beyond the first line of my response, but to help, here's the rest

You said that Britain should be able to unilaterally withdraw the backstop with a bit of notice. Not as stupid as suggesting removing it, and far more likely to get agreement from the EU :facepalm:

I should obviously take the time to make sure I quote your exact words, rather than than try and remember them because it makes SO MUCH difference to the point that a 'deal' needs two parties to agree, rather than one party listing what they want

So, anyway, back to how this 'good deal' of yours would work ?

Fancy trying a response ? No, I thought not :lolol:

It's good of you to keep showing how you misrepresented my views and apologising for it ... I like this new humble, apologetic persona you have adopted much better than the usual smartarse shtick, keep it up :thumbsup:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Desperate stuff now.......

Agree with you, those paranoid, tin foil hat remoaners need to get a grip. I'm sure all sensible, rational Remainers on here (there must be one or two) will welcome the governments intention of calling an election and seeking an electoral mandate if they lose the ability to govern/ control of the order paper this week... it's what so many have been calling for after all.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Agree with you, those paranoid, tin foil hat remoaners need to get a grip. I'm sure all sensible, rational Remainers on here (there must be one or two) will welcome the governments intention of calling an election and seeking an electoral mandate if they lose the ability to govern/ control of the order paper this week... it's what so many have been calling for after all.

Why did you only read half of the tweet? The key bit was the second half, which you totally ignored.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

Decided what Brexit will suit you and all your Leaver colleagues yet Bringer of Truth?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Tony Blair has warned Corbyn not to fall for it.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Why did you only read half of the tweet? The key bit was the second half, which you totally ignored.

The 'key bit' that is pure conjecture, paranoid guesswork? Would you welcome the government seeking to hold an election for an electoral mandate of it's Brexit and other policies?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here