[Politics] Brexit

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

D

Deleted member 2719

Will do. I really hope you don’t get a serious illness

Tw*t

I don't wish illness on anyone but, we are all going to die some when and somehow, lets home we all make it to our 80's 90's and beyond, a flu epidemic could wipe out millions as it did in 1918.

Some people forget to take their drugs and die because of dementia, life can be a bummer, but while your here try and enjoy it I say.

The government will have it covered.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I think it's an appropriate time to repost this classic from Dave that continues to age like a fine wine.

6a00d83451cbef69e2022ad3a53a96200d (1).jpg

Prorouging Parliament at this time, for this long, is a complete dereliction of duty and a shameful tactic.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1166771221595398148[/TWEET]

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Johnson does not have an effective majority now
And he doesn't think that matters.

I've tried to be polite insofar as it's been possible throughout the Brexit mess. And I have recognised that some of the patronizing attitudes of many remainers has been less than helpful.

But by god...Those people who are claiming that 'democracy' is entirely defined by a willingness to pursue national self-flagellation on the back of one dodgy referendum, whilst happily cheering on the destruction of the representative parliamentary system that has evolved over 100's of years... those people really are the definition of Pig Ignorant.

Closing Parliament for an extra 4 days represents the destruction of the representative parliamentary system ?
It is extreme views such as this that have cost your side the debate.

Jan 30, 2008
Haven't read this for weeks. However my take is, if MPs can't sort it out, take it away from the w**kers. The vote was in or out, that was the referendum. There was no deal or no deal in that vote. So if 650 idiots are blocking the will of the people tell them to get stuffed.The only non democracy are those on the benches of Parliament. It is an utter disgrace.

Spot on but you're talking to a majority of sad acts on here Just had to laugh at that Dozy bint Lucas Grizzling on , just an activist at best
regards
DF

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just to think that this whole problem of Brexit has been brought about by remainer MPs not being prepared to accept that they lost the referendum and trying to change the result. Had they done their duty and bvoted the way of their constituents this would have all been solved ages ago.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Rightio. You do know Boris Johnson’s social views and indeed his very late conversion to voting Leave. He is a chancer; nothing more, nothing less. Lots of accusations can be leveled at him but being extreme right wing is not one of them and he is the decision maker in this Government.
Only yesterday Remain MPs were plotting to install one of their own as PM and you are accusing Johnson of a coup attempt.
I don’t mean this in any way personally but on this issue you and many others seem to have lost your minds.

Do you not find ANY of the circumstances surrounding all this even a bit dubious? Do you find it odd that the DUP would pay so much money for a Brexit ad that didn’t run in Northern Ireland? Do you find it worrying that Steve Bannon is recorded saying that he helped Johnson with speeches? What about Priti Patel and her work with Viasat?

The whole thing has stunk from top to bottom, it’s not just this part ffs! The Tories have Well and truly ****ed this country and are now collectively lurching As far to the right as they can to snaffle Farage supporters.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Rightio. You do know Boris Johnson’s social views and indeed his very late conversion to voting Leave. He is a chancer; nothing more, nothing less. Lots of accusations can be leveled at him but being extreme right wing is not one of them and he is the decision maker in this Government.
Only yesterday Remain MPs were plotting to install one of their own as PM and you are accusing Johnson of a coup attempt.
I don’t mean this in any way personally but on this issue you and many others seem to have lost your minds

A rare post of sanity amongst all the hysterical responses to today's developments. I came to that conclusion about 18 months ago .....

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Just to think that this whole problem of Brexit has been brought about by remainer MPs not being prepared to accept that they lost the referendum and trying to change the result.

Why can’t leavers understand the simple fact that the result of the referendum didn’t suddenly stop democracy. MPs have a duty to represent those of us the voted to remain in the EU. So that means fighting the government in order to get the best deal possible. It’s also worth remember that Brextremists are just as culpable at dragging this out.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Closing Parliament for an extra 4 days represents the destruction of the representative parliamentary system ?
It is extreme views such as this that have cost your side the debate.

I'm tempted to say you really don't understand what is happening.

But I think you do.

Also 'my side'? Not really. I was on the fence and quite happy with a soft brexit.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
ERG members meeting with the Queen and Number 10 stacked with Vote Leave staffers who have been found in contempt and a PM elected by only Tory Party members with a majority of just 1 that includes 10 bought DUP members yes the DUP that spent 282000 pounds on a pro Brexit advert that didn’t run in NI paid for by who the **** knows as they don’t have to reveal their donors. This is more than just political maneuvering, its a full on extreme right coup.

There seems now to be a strange determination to Brexit at any cost, it seems anyone and everyone can thrown under the bus and that no price is too much to achieve it.

It's almost like one of those strange sci-fi films where aliens slowly take over the population of a town and there are just a few humans left who can see it.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Why can’t leavers understand the simple fact that the result of the referendum didn’t suddenly stop democracy. MPs have a duty to represent those of us the voted to remain in the EU. So that means fighting the government in order to get the best deal possible. It’s also worth remember that Brextremists are just as culpable at dragging this out.

Problem is many aren't fighting the government to get 'the best deal possible'.. many are looking to reverse the 2016 referendum result and renege on all the 2017 general election manifesto commitments to deliver Brexit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports