Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
They're trying to protect you from reality because they feel sorry for you. The whole world (except Donald Trump) thinks the population of these islands has taken leave of its senses!

Having just returned fro Eastern Europe I can tell you that the overwhelming view there is “good for you”

That was a surprise.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If they dont leave EU the coming leaders, regardless of party and question, will more or less have to follow the vote result in the next big question. Wonder what that will be about.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I see from my notifications that you have been trying to get my attention all afternoon, even though I haven't been on NSC since early last night apart from a minute on my phone this morning. I am sorry, but I've been out, have had things to do and have just logged on :shrug:

So the post that you are referring to is

I've asked for examples of this Franco-German domination over the rest of the EU from [MENTION=33253]JC Footy Genius[/MENTION] [MENTION=18265]LadySeagull[/MENTION] [MENTION=20840]The Rivet[/MENTION] and [MENTION=17469]melias shoes[/MENTION]. On each occasion, I posted the question in an immediate answer to the post they had just made supporting this idea of a Franco-German domination over the other EU members and (AFAIK) they remained logged on for some period after the question was asked, didn't answer and then later logged out, and still haven't answered days later. (A little different to randomly posting during the day when I'm not online and then repeating the posts a couple of hours later because I hadn't replied.)

Anyway, since you want to answer so much on behalf of your associates (and they seem unable to), maybe you could give an example of the 'Franco-German Alliance' dominating the rest of the EU ???

Did I, did I really? As for Germany and France being the main players Ursula von der leyen new leader a very close ally of Merkel. Democratically selected behind closed doors then voted in by the eu parliament. Only just I believe. Then you have lagarde the economic main player. Germany and France the main players? No of course not. Just a coincidence Merkel got her ally in power, purely coincidental.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Did I, did I really? As for Germany and France being the main players Ursula von der leyen new leader a very close ally of Merkel. Democratically selected behind closed doors then voted in by the eu parliament. Only just I believe. Then you have lagarde the economic main player. Germany and France the main players? No of course not. Just a coincidence Merkel got her ally in power, purely coincidental.

And backed up by the elected heads of the other EU members.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Having just returned fro Eastern Europe I can tell you that the overwhelming view there is “good for you”

That was a surprise.
I go to germany ahd Holland a lot and do the deutsch. Yet, no one brings the topic up at all. Whilst most Germans see the value of European cooperation, I do occasionally get a whiff that they think they are being taken for a ride by the EU, when it comes to paying for it.

Jan 30, 2008
So why do Greek people I know, say they can't understand why we want to leave?
They've had to much Raki .the Greeks hate the German influence within the EU , youth unemployment on the mainland is a big problem and it seems like the new Greek PM is more in favour of the EU, Not good times for the Greeks in general
regards
DR

D

Deleted member 2719

Everytime i jump on this thread it's:
Panic, panic, moan, moan.

:shutup::shutup::shutup:

I hope you lot relax and enjoy yourself at some point during the day.

:rave::rave::rave:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
They've had to much Raki .the Greeks hate the German influence within the EU , youth unemployment on the mainland is a big problem and it seems like the new Greek PM is more in favour of the EU, Not good times for the Greeks in general

The last Greek PM was voted back in and he was pro EU too having to explain the economic problems. My friends don't drink.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

(He looks like Graham Potter.)

The Brexit Question - YouTube.png

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
So loving all this Brexit now! If the reports are true and Boris is honest the melt down on here is going to be beautiful. I have already ordered the popcorn.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

That was a surprise.

Where did you go mate? I found in Slovakia a mixed reaction, there was a sort of well done for sticking it to the EU, but leaving was seen as a bit crazy. Some of the older folk in the more rural places missed communism as well though.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
So loving all this Brexit now! If the reports are true and Boris is honest the melt down on here is going to be beautiful. I have already ordered the popcorn.

The ignorant thickos are truly out in force tonight is it a full moon or something.
Some of the stuff from the drained swamp is beyond ignorant tonight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here