Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
So let me get this straight .... the EU all along, since May got her 'deal' have said they won't renegociate it yet when Gove says exactly the same as the EU it's BS ? :facepalm:
So it's the EUs fault Johnson won't reopen negotiations until the backstop is scrapped? It's physically impossible to NOT have one until trade deals have been agreed. Johnson knows this. Gove knows this so yes, it's wrong to blame the EU.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
thats not the conclusion of the legal action, as you said fines and appeals sorted. not productive to continue this when the main issue can be addressed by MPs revoking A50 or accepting the deal on offer.

The National Crime Agency are still looking into the individual actions of certain people.

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
It should come as no surprise which side the #teameu crew on here are backing. The UK parliament has rejected the deal on numerous occasions and by a record margin, the UK parliament has also voted to show it would accept the deal if the backstop is changed, the UK government recognising this democratic reality has said the deal must change. The EU's response ... no renegotiation. Yet all they do is attack the UK government ...
The EU have agreed to negotiate. The backstop however, is non negotiable. It's a physical requirement until trade deals are formed.

Johnson and his cabinet, and that sleazy looking fella Dominic Cummings in all their wisdom have decided it isn't necessary to have one. Which is basically a lie.

Imagine if the UKs economy was bigger than the EUs and the UK had a very strict import policy in irder to uphold our rules. Now let's say the EU have the ability to send crap into the UK through the back door (northern ireland), you wouldn't want an operation in place to protect the UK while the trade deal negotiations are on-going?

Other than a hard border which breaches the GFA, there are no instruments to avoid this that can be implemented by 31 October.

Like banging your head against a wall debating leavers.

Does anybody ever remember being told brexit could breach the GFA before the ref?

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
this country really needs people like you , so patriotic and so believing , how did we cope before we joined the common agricultural policy
Regards
DR
DZ up and active as ever I see, and ignoring posters who have him bang to rights.

DZ , where do you stand on a customs union meeting the polling card requirements. Where do you stand in Mays deal also meeting the polling card requirements. Where do you stand on the undemocratic voting strategy by leavers to block brexit?

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I asked you this the other day and got no response. Lets try again:

If The UK Government negotiated a Withdrawal Agreement in good faith based on each others red lines set down at the start, including the formulation of the backstop as per EU red lines that really didn't give them much wriggle room, and The UK and EU reached an agreement for The Withdrawal only for it to all fall down because the European Parliament wouldn't vote for it for 3 times, what would you have liked The UK Government to have done? Bearing in mind this is just The Withdrawal Agreement, would you trust them in the future now they've reneged on this? What about the UK Government's red lines? Would you like The UK to cut them the slack they need and have open borders, say at the channel ports? Lets say some arrogant, eccentric oddballs in the European Parliament, rather than The Westminster one, (educated at elite Swiss finishing schools rather than English Public ones) started talking vaguely about technological solutions without any details other than vague waffle? Would you think it sounds plausible? How do you think The EU rejecting it 3 times, having agreed it, would reflect on them globally? What do you think it does to their reputation? Would it make it look good? Lets say The EU Parliament is really bitterly divided on this too, like The EU as a whole is - what would you like The UK to do faced with all that?

There's a narrative emerging. Often the Brexiteers will refer to the Withdrawal Agreement as 'the undemocratic Withdrawal Agreement'. This is very mischievous. They then say that Parliament has rejected this 3 times! But hang on - the EU negotiated this is good faith with a government that purported to have a majority in Parliament. And some of the Brexiteers in the new government voted for it and some voted against it and some did both!

It's clear that of the two sides negotiating, one has been utterly consistent and genuinely thought it had reached agreement; the other has flip-flopped and indulged in shameless gaming (and blaming). The shambles is not hard to discern and even easier to locate.

The Tories have been a utter disgrace, some more than others - and none more so than the likes of the double-act that got us into this mess in the first place: Gove and Johnson. Tusk's words about a 'special place in hell' are resonating more with each passing day.

I'm not sure whether it's dawned on these morons that almost the first thing they'll need to do after leaving the EU on a non-negotiated Brexit is...…..negotiate with the EU (+ the rest of the world).

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
this country really needs people like you , so patriotic and so believing , how did we cope before we joined the common agricultural policy
Regards
DR

Tell us your view on the Common Agricultural Policy.....

Jan 30, 2008
DZ up and active as ever I see, and ignoring posters who have him bang to rights.

DZ , where do you stand on a customs union meeting the polling card requirements. Where do you stand in Mays deal also meeting the polling card requirements. Where do you stand on the undemocratic voting strategy by leavers to block brexit?

I'm standing on my vote to leave being implemented ,I'm not the least bit interested in your Grizzling
Regards
DR

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Explain yours. Bore us, please.

I fear such views may spark a reasoned two side debate- thus eliminating some from the conversation....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here