Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What an absolute thundercunt. "There are bits of the WA we're ok with." That's the deal the Gov agreed with the EU. Unbelievable how they're trying to paint the EU as the bad guy whilst showing no principles whatsoever. *****.

Especially when the backstop was the UK's idea.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Dominic Raab (I didn't realise Dover was so important for cross Channel trade) really struggling here.

[tweet]1155759804968833024[/tweet]

Bullshitters the lot of them. They forget that their party signed off on the WA which ad no chance of passing through Parliament.

This situation has been engineered by the Tories at the behest of their backers.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
52% of what?

17.4 million of a voting population of 43 million people. Many of whom have changed their minds now they know more about what is happening.

Let's make this easier for you.

Of those that voted, 52% (more than half) voted Leave. That was more than the Remain vote (48%). That makes Leave the democratic winner, by means of getting a higher % of votes.

You have not been charged for this.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Bullshitters the lot of them. They forget that their party signed off on the WA which ad no chance of passing through Parliament.

This situation has been engineered by the Tories at the behest of their backers.

The most frustrating thing is that thick people will continue to fall in line whilst it's so ****ing obvious we're all being lied too, unashamedly.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Back in the good old days, we voted to join or not to join. No small print, what if this, what if that? People simply accepted the democratic system.

Nowadays, all new ballgame with all the keyboard experts.

Because the options then were binary. Now they are not.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Correct. I won't.

Now you are being an utter arse. They (leave) won the referendum, end, finale etc etc... I was angry, but that is what happened. Any other outcome other than the UK leaving the EU will set the UK back so far in terms of unity that it may never recover. Plus I want all the half wits who voted for it to see and feel the results of their stupidity.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Of those that voted, 52% (more than half) voted Leave. That was more than the Remain vote (48%). That makes Leave the democratic winner, by means of getting a higher % of votes.

Let's go slowly with this, then.

Yes, you are CORRECT. More people voted for Leave than Remain. 52 is bigger than 48.

What Parliament now has to do (which you voted to hand over MORE control to, so your vote SUPPORTS this DEMOCRATIC course of action), is judge the way in which we Leave, and agree on a course of Leaving that "the people" are happy with, hence "May's Deal", the Withdrawal Agreement, etc.

That make sense?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Plus I want all the half wits who voted for it to see and feel the results of their stupidity.

They won't though, will they? They will be told who to blame. It will be a combination of the EU and immigrants.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Here is a document from the Leave Alliance. Please read the last paragraph carefully. For your benefit, I will reproduce it.

One can say, unequivocally, that the UK could not survive as a trading nation by relying on the WTO Option. It would be an unmitigated disaster, and no responsible government should allow it. The option should be rejected.

http://leavehq.com/blogview.aspx?bl...E_lD5fVvzqPSiwot0IDIxRStX7O4nE5w5b4H8cQq5ruTI

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

How will we leave? I won't charge you for the answer.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Let's go slowly with this, then.

Yes, you are CORRECT. More people voted for Leave than Remain. 52 is bigger than 48.

What Parliament now has to do (which you voted to hand over MORE control to, so your vote SUPPORTS this DEMOCRATIC course of action), is judge the way in which we Leave, and agree on a course of Leaving that "the people" are happy with, hence "May's Deal", the Withdrawal Agreement, etc.

That make sense?

Yes. Isn't that what's happening? My only issue might be that Remain voters, as has been evident over the past few years, will never be 100% happy with whichever deal.

Parliament constantly rejected a soft Brexit, increasing the chances of a No Deal. Surely the sensible approach was to take the May deal. Or is there a belief that by keep kicking out deals, eventually it might just go away?

If the vote you suggest was left purely to Leave voters, it would make sense, yes.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yes. Isn't that what's happening?

Yes, it is. And if we find that whichever deal they land on doesn't have support of more than 50% the People, you will of course respect this democratic process and agree we should Remain, correct?

Or do you only respect democracy when it suits your views?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Parliament constantly rejected a soft Brexit, increasing the chances of a No Deal.

When has Parliament been given the option of a Soft Brexit? Other than the Indicative Votes I can recall no such time when such an option was put to Parliament.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Yes, it is. And if we find that whichever deal they land on doesn't have support of more than 50% the People, you will of course respect this democratic process and agree we should Remain, correct?

Or do you only respect democracy when it suits your views?

The only minor flaw might be, as I stated above, that a Remain voter will be highly unlikely to accept any Leave deal as a whole, so the chances of getting one through are minimal.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I think it was clear, 52% want out. :shrug:

I wonder if 52%/48% is the breakdown now. I have more faith in the British voting public than to believe the dodgy result would not be overturned by a substantial amount.
.....and NO ONE voted to leave hoping there would be no deal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here