Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Yeah, but in this case the enemy of your enemy is still a ****ing nazi.

I’d be very careful if I were you making accusations like that, that’s one heck of an allegation on a public site, let’s keep the conversation cordial please.

You shouldn’t get so worked up just because people have differing views to you, I’d suggest a quick look at some of the work by Dale Carnegie, enlightening even if I say so myself.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I’d be very careful if I were you making accusations like that, that’s one heck of an allegation on a public site, let’s keep the conversation cordial please.

You shouldn’t get so worked up just because people have differing views to you, I’d suggest a quick look at some of the work by Dale Carnegie, enlightening even if I say so myself.

What other reasons can you think of that someone would name themselves Das Reich ???

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The same people, so rabidly indignant at UK membership of the EU, are jumping up and down in pleasure as Donald Trump humiliates and demeans the UK and its institutions. I get that some leave supporters don’t like mainland Europe and don’t want to be a part of the EU project. But to then actively support, and indeed positively welcome utter subservience to the US is utterly incomprehensible. To go from leading players in the biggest and richest free market on the planet to chasing, at best, second-class US statehood is bizarre in the extreme. But these Brexiters would have us believe that they are the patriots, and that Remainers are traitors. And they seem to be getting away with it.

(A Below the Line comment from earlier today - sums things up pretty well.)

Don't worry, we'll soon be the 51st state of the USA complete with selling out the NHS. Taking back control indeed.

[tweet]1148926473937522688[/tweet]

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Ever heard of the phrase the enemy of my enemy etc etc

Yes. It's a really, really shit way of deciding who you deal with. Some examples;

- ISIS are an enemy of ours. They also hate the Syrian Government. The Syrian Government are not our friends.
- Brighton hate Crystal Palace. Crystal Palace hate Millwall. It doesn't mean we're in any way friends with them.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Ever heard of the phrase the enemy of my enemy etc etc

Yes. It's a really, really shit way of deciding who you deal with. Some examples;

- ISIS are an enemy of ours. They also hate the Syrian Government. The Syrian Government are not our friends.
- Brighton hate Crystal Palace. Crystal Palace hate Millwall. It doesn't mean we're in any way friends with them.

- or like where you side with a cockwomble you've never met because they're winding up certain NSC regulars.......

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
No need to get nasty.....

I'm not being nasty in the slightest - in fact, you've won a prize! Along with Westdene Seagull who started a post with the words:

I'm actually going to stick up for Ppf here.

That's right, you've won a 100% free, no obligation, 1 week trial of a subscription to being on my ignore list. This very exclusive prize for 7 whole days puts you solely in the company of Ppf himself who decided to take up a lifetime subscription to it a while back. Benefits of this very exclusive subscription include me not having to have read anything written by you, two leave voters from Hove, about immigrants on benefits.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Undoubtedly, but then he's not trying to win elections now. And I'd argue even now he's still more likely to be more popular with the public than pretty much any Prime Minister or Leader of the Opposition since (although that says more about them than him TBH).

Sadly correct.
Blair and his cronies committed two unforgiveable sins, that should darken their legacy forever. The first, shamefully, is utterly unforgiveable. To issue a mission statement of ' education,education, education ' and then cynically dumb down education standards, year after year, to satisfy their own selfish ambitions of lower unemployment figures and send thousands of students to Uni under false pretences. To deceive the youth of your nation into believing that they are better than they are is tantamount to committing a whole future generation to disappointment and failed dreams.
Secondly, by operating an uncontrolled immigration policy, they have condemned this country to years and years of problems. Even some semblance of control would have helped but no, they wanted as many as they could, for their own political reasons and now we are paying the price. Without restraint, we successfully imported a huge number of Eastern European criminals, who now run the same empires in this country, involving drugs, prostitution and fraud.
( I will let others pass judgement on other issues....illegal war....setting free every murderer in an Irish jail etc )

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I'm not being nasty in the slightest - in fact, you've won a prize! Along with Westdene Seagull who started a post with the words:

That's right, you've won a 100% free, no obligation, 1 week trial of a subscription to being on my ignore list. This very exclusive prize for 7 whole days puts you solely in the company of Ppf himself who decided to take up a lifetime subscription to it a while back. Benefits of this very exclusive subscription include me not having to have read anything written by you, two leave voters from Hove, about immigrants on benefits.

Absolutely gutted I’m on your ignore list...

Can I have a lifetime subscription please [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Oh and little immature telling me I’m on your IL, can almost see you poking your tongue out whilst you typed that xx

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

If ppf finally comes out and denies fully that he is then i'll happily retract it, however he swerves the question every time as well as everything else that is asked of him on this board.

I'm not really that worked up - i have no truck with you personally so i have no need to be! I'm welcome to other points of view, as long as they're at least well thought out - i actually miss the constructive debate on here sometimes :lolol:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
If ppf finally comes out and denies fully that he is then i'll happily retract it, however he swerves the question every time as well as everything else that is asked of him on this board.

I'm not really that worked up - i have no truck with you personally so i have no need to be! I'm welcome to other points of view, as long as they fit into my views - i actually miss the constructive debate on here sometimes :lolol:

Constructive debate, if only!

People get so wound up by this Brexit malarkey.

My genuine thoughts are, well it’s way above my pay grade to be worried about, what will be will be and we will move forward, equally if by some reason we don’t leave I’ll be equally as benign as I would have been that Friday morning had the country decided they wanted to remain [emoji106]

Jan 30, 2008
As of February 2015, 113,960 working-age claimants of Department for Work and Pensions benefits were EU migrants (that is, when they first registered for a National Insurance Number, they were a national of another member state).

Most of these were claiming an “out of work benefit” such as Jobseekers Allowance. However, the total includes some benefits, such as Housing Benefit and Disability Living Allowance, which can be paid to those in or out of work.

So let’s say we were paying those 113,960 say £100 per week would I be right in thinking we are laying out 592.5 million each year?
would I be entitled to any benefits from any other EU country's if I decided to turn up out of the blue ??
Regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008

Oh and little immature telling me I’m on your IL, can almost see you poking your tongue out whilst you typed that xx

He's pathetic along with Mr custard face
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
Using Germany as an example it seems
you can claim unemployment benefits if you are unemployed and paid contributions into the German social security for at least 12 months in the last two years.

I'm not talking about getting a job I just want to turn up and claim some sort of benefit like others do in this country
Regards
DR

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

You can only have a free lifetime subscription if you say something anti-Semitic in a discussion about Tony Bloom on a Brighton and Hove Albion football forum like Ppf did.

It's just a 100% free, no obligation, 1 week trial expiring 6pm BST, Wednesday 17th July 2019. Enjoy the introductory trial offer though and congratulations on winning it today. :thumbsup:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
You can only have a free lifetime subscription if you say something anti-Semitic in a discussion about Tony Bloom on a Brighton and Hove Albion football forum like Ppf did.

It's just a 100% free, no obligation, 1 week trial expiring 6pm BST, Wednesday 17th July 2019. Enjoy the introductory trial offer though and congratulations on winning it today. :thumbsup:

I thought I was on ignore ffs???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here