Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I repeat....Dummkopf! It was hidden from the people that the final destination was full abdication. You can protest as much as you like. There is evidence out there, The interested look. The blind listen.

Hidden? The move to ever-closer union is literally the first line of the Treaty of Rome. How on earth can that be described as hidden?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I repeat....Dummkopf! It was hidden from the people that the final destination was full abdication. You can protest as much as you like. There is evidence out there, The interested look. The blind listen.

Hidden ? The evidence is very clear in the post immediately above yours.

Full abdication? Snowflake doesn't start to describe it. Don’t even think Drama Queen comes close :flounce:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Could you link to the document portion that states full abdication as the final destination? I have looked and can't find that anywhere.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

But none on here. How odd.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
One Greek taxi driver. I know five Greek families who don't feel that way. Greece was in a complete mess with their economy employing many public workers, and promising early retirement on pensions with money they didn't have.
That's why they needed bailing out, and to get the loans they had to change the way they ran their economy. It isn't Germany telling them what to do but a condition of the bail out.

Britain was in a similar boat in the 70s, but we had to go cap in hand to the International Monetary Fund. They also laid down conditions for our loans.

Facts eh.

We'll just gloss over the EU turning a blind eye to Greece not meeting the criteria to join the Euro shall we ? Or indeed the deal France did to lend Greece money just as long as some of it was spent on weapons .... weapons produced by French companies. Or maybe we'll ignore the money Germany lent them but only if they spent it on infrastructure ..... infrastructure built by German companies. We could even pretend that nobody died because the Greek ambulance service couldn't afford petrol. Maybe we could gloss over relatives having to take bedding in for those in hospital because the hospitals couldn't pay to have bedding cleaned.

And while Greece was takings it's punishment France was also breaking the rules of the Eurozone but the EU just gave them a whisper in their ear telling them to fall back in line.

Facts eh ?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Could you link to the document portion that states full abdication as the final destination? I have looked and can't find that anywhere.
"to establish the foundations of an ever closer union among the European peoples" is the first line of the original EEC treaty. there is countless evidence of the core euro politicans wanting to drive further integration, on policy beyond that needed for simple trade and commerce. i'm confused by remainers who deny this. there is no pick and chose remain, just as there isnt for leave. accept and embrace the benefits of future integration.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Great quote from Jeremy Hunt yesterday...

"I believe it is technically possible now" to find a solution to the Irish border, subject to political will in Ireland"

He will be revealing the newly discovered technology in NI today, what this space...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We'll just gloss over the EU turning a blind eye to Greece not meeting the criteria to join the Euro shall we ? Or indeed the deal France did to lend Greece money just as long as some of it was spent on weapons .... weapons produced by French companies. Or maybe we'll ignore the money Germany lent them but only if they spent it on infrastructure ..... infrastructure built by German companies. We could even pretend that nobody died because the Greek ambulance service couldn't afford petrol. Maybe we could gloss over relatives having to take bedding in for those in hospital because the hospitals couldn't pay to have bedding cleaned.

And while Greece was takings it's punishment France was also breaking the rules of the Eurozone but the EU just gave them a whisper in their ear telling them to fall back in line.

Facts eh ?

The EU is not a single entity. It is 28 different countries all cooperating together.
The EU agrees a course of action through votes, not orders.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
"to establish the foundations of an ever closer union among the European peoples" is the first line of the original EEC treaty. there is countless evidence of the core euro politicans wanting to drive further integration, on policy beyond that needed for simple trade and commerce. i'm confused by remainers who deny this. there is no pick and chose remain, just as there isnt for leave. accept and embrace the benefits of future integration.

I've never denied that but countries have vetoes. The proof is that we still drive on the left and use sterling.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I don't normally venture into this thread, but damn! 90,000 posts!
Kudos!

Hilariously most Brexiters think the argument will be done and dusted when we finally leave.
This debate will go on forever..

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!

"I believe it is technically possible now" to find a solution to the Irish border, subject to political will in Ireland"

He will be revealing the newly discovered technology in NI today, what this space...

Yes the roadshow moves to N Ireland today. The nutters from the DUP will be rattling their sabres and just about everyone else will be fearful of the negative consequences of a no-deal Brexit.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I've never denied that but countries have vetoes. The proof is that we still drive on the left and use sterling.

I wouldn’t waste your time. If the leave divs still don’t get this now, there is no hope for them.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I wouldn’t waste your time. If the leave divs still don’t get this now, there is no hope for them.

why waste time? because this is is why the argument to remain is not being won, because remainers will dismiss leavers, rather than promote the benefits. the arguement should be that EU is not about abdication as a poster said, its agreed concensus toward common aims.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
3 years on into this cluster**** and despite Greece not wanting to leave The EU, Yanis Varoufakis, who has more reason than anyone to dislike The EU, urging The UK to remain we've still got faux concerns for the Greeks as a reason for leaving from middle class leave voters from Southern England, who are perfectly happy to inflict a no deal Brexit on the people of their own country and paranoid conspiracy theories.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

It's quite incredible how this new technology can only be revealed today. Has Jeremy been keeping it a secret all this time?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
They are a privatized company, If they cannot fulfill the customers needs then there will be another company happily waiting to take their place. Brexit or no Brexit...

**** me. Brexit is a DISASTER and people still have absolutely no clue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here