Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
You couldn't make this sh1t up if you tried....

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...lans-john-lewis-style-rescue-of-british-steel

Capture.JPG

Meanwhile....

Capture1.JPG

albion68

Oct 27, 2011
I think the major flaw may have been a little earlier in the process.

'Triggering a referendum before the Leave campaign had a settled united position/plan'. Since then, the majority of MPs (who as you constantly point out back some sort of Brexit as a result of the GE etc etc) have been unable to agree amongst themselves which type of Brexit the referendum voted for.

And it appears, 3 years on, that Brexit voters and Brexit MP's still can't decide what it is they voted for.

Every time there is a chance to move forward, the ones who want a 'no deal' brexit, leaving on WTO terms and a hard border in NI, vote against the ones who want a deal and a customs union, and vice versa. If we don't know what type of Brexit 'the will of the people' is, I'm struggling to see how parliament are meant to implement it :shrug:

This is the very simple reason why Brexit hasn't happened. I can see one obvious way to find out 'the will of the people' is but my guess is that you wouldn't think it democratic, so round and round we go.

If only someone could have seen this coming :wink:

PS. Look on the bright side, at least you're getting to see lots of Sovereign Democracy in action.

So how do you know what the thoughts of Brexit voters are ,there are a lot of people to ask ?

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Bloody hell this is a rabidly deluded remain thread. Full of hatred and rancour. The awful face of the livid left. Thank heaven that Brighton and hove is just a political boil in the south east!

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Bloody hell this is a rabidly deluded remain thread. Full of hatred and rancour. The awful face of the livid left. Thank heaven that Brighton and hove is just a political boil in the south east!

Fanatical response.....
No hate here. Just fear of the inevitable Brexit outcome....
There will be no satisfaction in saying 'we told you so....' because we will all be blighted.
Thank goodness for Brighton and Hove - an oasis in a desert.....

Last edited:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

So dramatic even Shakespeare would be proud.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So you were just guessing what Leave voters are thinking ,just making it up ?

Is English not your first language?

WTF are you wittering on about?

I said no one knows what the will of the people is, 'no deal' with WTO rules and border in NI, or deal with customs union, as no one has ever asked :facepalm:

Last edited:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
So you were just guessing what Leave voters are thinking ,just making it up ?

Just as an aside, and nothing personal, Brexiters seem pretty good in general at KNOWING what Remainers think...….

albion68

Oct 27, 2011
Is English not your first language?

WTF are you wittering on about?

I said no one knows what the will of the people is, 'no deal' with WTO rules and border in NI, or deal with customs union, as no one has ever asked :facepalm:

We know MP`s can`t decide but you don`t know that voters can`t decide the type of Brexit they voted for its just your opinion ,

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
We know MP`s can`t decide but you don`t know that voters can`t decide the type of Brexit they voted for its just your opinion ,

So which is your type of Brexit?

There seems to be some choices you have to agree upon, whereas those that wish to remain, appear to be of one accord. No?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Have you decided which type of Brexit you voted for?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

A post about the hatred and rancour by remainers. With hatred for remainers, hatred of the left and rancour of Brighton and Hove because they voted remain.
And they wonder why they are collectively known as the thickos.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I feel today has further widened the divide in the UK. Trump endorses Boris and Farage, Trump wants to get his teeth into our Health Service. 3 years ago Boris promised the NHS £350 million a week, now it seems he'll be carving it up with Trump.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I feel today has further widened the divide in the UK. Trump endorses Boris and Farage, Trump wants to get his teeth into our Health Service. 3 years ago Boris promised the NHS £350 million a week, now it seems he'll be carving it up with Trump.

As the Leave voters keep telling us: "We know what we voted for".

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
So how do you know what the thoughts of Brexit voters are ,there are a lot of people to ask ?

I agree, let's ask them. They clearly didn't vote for this shitstorm or perhaps they did? We'll never know until we all get to check. You know, by voting on it.

It's a very good argument and one I agree with.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I agree, let's ask them. They clearly didn't vote for this shitstorm or perhaps they did? We'll never know until we all get to check. You know, by voting on it.

It's a very good argument and one I agree with.

The brexiteers on here start screaming and telling us we are undemocratic if you ask them for any more detail than “we voted Leave”. And the reason they won’t answer? Because they haven’t got a ****ing clue.
Congratulations idiots. You won. The U.K. is yours for the taking. And look at the bloody mess you’re making of it. Shame on you.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

I agree.
I fear we are in the eye of a perfect storm.... and division suits the Trump agenda.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here