Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If you don't like it why don't you leave and go live outside the eu?

I doubt he has the wit of the courage to do something so adventurous.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Why is it that those who are most likely to throw abuse at EU leaders, get upset when Trump is called out for being what he is?

We are a proud independent, seafaring nation who must not kowtow to the EU, but we must suck up to Trump, however much of an ******** he shows himself to be?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Still banging on about Bellotti? He's dead!
Time to move on....
Since his time several Brexit representatives from amongst the Tories, UKIP and The Brexit Party have demonstrated those characteristics you detest .....'deceitful, arrogant, blinkered, entitled, weaselesque' -perfect descriptions.
You can take your pick from the many choices as 'poster boy'; have you a personal favourite?
It's called "desperation". JC used to be one of the more sane Brexit proponents. As he's seen it all unravel and go to cock, he's gone down the "batshit metal" route rather than the "oh, I actually got it wrong" route.

It's a difficult thing to admit that you've been fooled. Especially when you've been a massive advocate of the stuff that turns out to be the actual lies that you were fooled by. Lies that you, personally, fell for and championed. It must be a sickener.

It's human nature to keep fighting even when you've lost in that situation. However stupid it makes you look, you keep going.

I get it.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Yep, waited years and years to get out of the EU.
Not bothered in the slightest about the extra time to complete the democratic decision to Leave.

So you weren't bothered in the slightest when we didn't leave when we were supposed to after all the arguing since the referendum and we went nowhere, did you just shrug your shoulders and make a nice cup of tea?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It's called "desperation". JC used to be one of the more sane Brexit proponents. As he's seen it all unravel and go to cock, he's gone down the "batshit metal" route rather than the "oh, I actually got it wrong" route.

It's a difficult thing to admit that you've been fooled. Especially when you've been a massive advocate of the stuff that turns out to be the actual lies that you were fooled by. Lies that you, personally, fell for and championed. It must be a sickener.

It's human nature to keep fighting even when you've lost in that situation. However stupid it makes you look, you keep going.

I get it.

It is quite amusing how the threat of the Lib Dems has lead to a reincarnation of Belotti from several Brextremists on here. What happened to the Brexit nostalgia from 2016, sunny uplands, Brexit dividends, trade deals in Berlin the day after we left, etc etc

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Why is it that those who are most likely to throw abuse at EU leaders, get upset when Trump is called out for being what he is?

We are a proud independent, seafaring nation who must not kowtow to the EU, but we must suck up to Trump, however much of an ******** he shows himself to be?

You are Emily Thornberry and I claim my £5

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here