Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Ah yes. The war to end all wars. Heard that somewhere before.

Look, I voted Remain, others voted leave. Fine. We will leave , I’m sure of that . We could probably just do without some mad **** like Farage running around in the middle of it all, stirring up shit.

agreed.....but whether the UK remains or leaves there has to be some compromise , realism and practicality from both sides........if a hairy arsed builder from Oz can see that why can't the millionaire career politicains in Europe & UK get their thick offing heads round it .......everybody loses if we leave , the UK is at a disadvantage if we stay under the current circumstances....in my opinion.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
agreed.....but whether the UK remains or leaves there has to be some compromise , realism and practicality from both sides........if a hairy arsed builder from Oz can see that why can't the millionaire career politicains in Europe & UK get their thick offing heads round it .......everybody loses if we leave , the UK is at a disadvantage if we stay under the current circumstances....in my opinion.

Mostly agree. Too many stubborn heads in the mix.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You are manipulating what I say and lying again. Voted pro- or anti- recut does not make you racist. Voting for and supporting a party with a racist leader does. That is all.

I'm not manipulating it at all. YOU said anyone that voted for The Brexit Party was a racist. I voted for the Brexit Party. I'm asking you if YOU are calling me a racist - a very simple question with only two possible answers. So rather than avoid the question try answering it.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I'm not manipulating it at all. YOU said anyone that voted for The Brexit Party was a racist. I voted for the Brexit Party. I asking you if YOU are calling me a racist - a very simple question with only two possible answers. So rather than avoid the question try answering it.

The question is too binary for him to fathom, I’m a racist too btw [emoji106]

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Sigh. If you support farage and his racist views then yes. If you don't then no.

I may be contradicting myself here but I don’t think people that voted for the Brexit party are racist. I think Farage is racist and his game is to get all sorts to vote for his party.
That’s not to say his voters are stupid, just that he is very clever.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Very low turnout but more people voted for anti Brexit parties than pro Brexit.
Do the right thing and the democratic thing and call the 2nd referendum, get rid of the ignorant thickos once and for all as I am whole heartedly sick of their continuing stupidity.
The world is laughing at them.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Sigh. If you support farage and his racist views then yes. If you don't then no.

So you are calling me a racist ! You're just too much of a coward to say it directly. Maybe you'd like to say it to my face - I could meet you in the sixth form common room if that's good for you ?

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I may be contradicting myself here but I don’t think people that voted for the Brexit party are racist. I think Farage is racist and his game is to get all sorts to vote for his party.
That’s not to say his voters are stupid, just that he is very clever.

This is it. People have voted for Claire Fox, either knowing and not caring about her views on Gary Glitter and the IRA or because they are duped by Farage and didn't actually look at who they voted for. Good luck getting any of them to admit which of those two things it was though.

In other news Corbyn has acknowledged the clearly pro-Remain parties have got the greater vote share in this election over pro-Brexit (not seats obviously, but a greater number of votes) and the mood of the country has changed. If the EU elections are viewed like a referendum then remain has won by more than 5%. Could be some interesting days ahead for Labour.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
A quite convincing majority supported the new Brexit Party which it should be remembered was only launched SIX weeks ago.

Should it come to an election and they ran fundamentally on the one issue which divides the nation then you would find you would have a PM called Nigel Farage as all the Remain votes would be divided into all the other remain parties such as Lib Dem, Green, whereas the Leave voters would be drawn to only one Party, BREXIT.

Tread carefully UK politicians
Highly unlikely that Farage will ever be elected an MP. Besides, he wouldn't turn up for meetings anyway.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Westdene Seagull isn’t a racist. I mean that. We hold very different views, but he’s a good poster and no racist.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Westdene Seagull isn’t a racist. I mean that. We hold very different views, but he’s a good poster and no racist.

And I very strongly object to being called one. I'm a lot of things but racist isn't, and has never been, one of them. I'm more than happy to correct the snivelling little six former virgin's view if he wants to meet !!!!!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
And I very strongly object to being called one. I'm a lot of things but racist isn't, and has never been, one of them. I'm more than happy to correct the snivelling little six former virgin's view if he wants to meet !!!!!

Well let’s not go bonkers, it’s just the internet. But there’s only two people I think are true racists on this board , you’re not one of them. If it’s any consolation, you are one of my favourite posters. For what that’s worth coming from a wally like me :)

I like Plooks too . Christ, it’s all so confusing!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm not manipulating it at all. YOU said anyone that voted for The Brexit Party was a racist. I voted for the Brexit Party. I'm asking you if YOU are calling me a racist - a very simple question with only two possible answers. So rather than avoid the question try answering it.

Not everyone is a racist idiot. Some are just idiots.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Haven’t looked at this thread for a while and am a little surprised how big the remain vote is if there was a second referendum. Never seen as many votes on an NSC poll before either.

It may be skewed as a reflection of us mostly coming from a remain area.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
This is it. People have voted for Claire Fox, either knowing and not caring about her views on Gary Glitter and the IRA or because they are duped by Farage and didn't actually look at who they voted for. Good luck getting any of them to admit which of those two things it was though.

In other news Corbyn has acknowledged the clearly pro-Remain parties have got the greater vote share in this election over pro-Brexit (not seats obviously, but a greater number of votes) and the mood of the country has changed. If the EU elections are viewed like a referendum then remain has won by more than 5%. Could be some interesting days ahead for Labour.

The mood of the nation hasn't changed one bit as far as Brexit; we are as divided now as we were when we had the referendum. The EU results show this, they show Remain/Leave is more or less split down the middle. Labour and Tory votes don't count as neither can be called a remain or leave party at the moment.

Claire Fox has said some iffy things in the past as have a lot of people, but she's not a bad person, she cares for working people and knows full well that those people have been left behind especially in the north.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I have to agree with the view that language being thrown around on this thread has been dispiriting: Let's see, 'racist', 'paedophile', 'wanker', 'thicko' is just a small sample.

Perhaps we should have an amnesty and see if we can make our views felt with equal force but without the potty language......

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I have to agree with the view that language being thrown around on this thread has been dispiriting: Let's see, 'racist', 'paedophile', 'wanker', 'thicko' is just a small sample.

Perhaps we should have an amnesty and see if we can make our views felt with equal force but without the potty language......

You have left out remoaner, the original slant.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
what do you reckon .....google it.

I googled Pope visits Britain, 125,000 attendance in Edinburgh for a Parade on the 16th September 2010, closing major streets in the City, and 65,000 attended a Mass in Glasgow, but apparently Susan Boyle was performing there too, so maybe they came for the singing more than the praying.

The Pope went on to have meetings with the Prime minister, deputy Prime minister, ride from Lambeth to Westminster in the Pope Mobile, referenced the sexual abuse of children by Catholic Priests at a mass in Westminster, held a vigil in Hyde Park with 80,000 attending.

The final day of the Pope's visit saw the Pope fly by helicopter from London to Birmingham for the main event of his visit, the beatification of Cardinal John Henry Newman in Cofton Park in Birmingham. Local residents were required to carry vehicle passes as well as to carry proof of identity in order to leave their own homes, but only 55,000 people were at this mass, not 130,000.

Only cost £10 million of tax payers money (excluding policing costs)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here