Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
What do you mean “restart”? It’s ongoing.

He suggested stopping Brexit based on LOCAL elections so yes, restart - that's what happens when something is stopped and then starts again. English not your first language ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So many posts trying to gather a crumb of comfort that the council results are a clear indication of brexit's imminent demise. This vote was a vote that not only included votes from remainers who voted remain parties, but also, millions of leavers voted for anyone but the tories or Labour as an expression of their dissatisfaction of how the main parties have failed to deliver brexit.

Unicorns have clearly switched sides here and now they are freely gamboling along in the sunny pastures of remainers dreams.

You are making a lot of assumptions about why people have voted the way they did. I'm sure you have done extensive research into the motives of everyone who voted.
Those of us who are less fanciful are pointing out that certain parties have won a lot of votes and others have lost a lot of votes. I don't see anyone else making wild assumptions as to the reasons.

Have you thought of a career as a spin doctor?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
He suggested stopping Brexit based on LOCAL elections so yes, restart - that's what happens when something is stopped and then starts again. English not your first language ?

Calm down. I just misunderstood his post, no need to unleash Brexit Rage.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Good to see the swivel eyed emotional voters still clinging to the hope of plunging the country into economic uncertainty. Convinced it is pretty much solely based on not wanting to look like stupid ***** and just plain wrong about what they have said on forums, and down the pub. Much better for the country to suffer than they are proved wrong isnt it.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So come the European elections, when pro-Brexit parties win a majority of the vote, you'll agree to restart Brexit then ?

Well seeing as MEPs have no say whatsoever in whether Britain leaves or stays in the EU that would be as foolish as voting UKIP at a local election and expecting it to change things, wouldn't it ?

My votes in this local election had nothing to do with my views on Brexit. Only an idiot would link the two.

But I'm sure, despite what you think, that not everyone who voted UKIP at the last few local and EU elections are idiots ???

Last edited:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
You are making a lot of assumptions about why people have voted the way they did. I'm sure you have done extensive research into the motives of everyone who voted.
Those of us who are less fanciful are pointing out that certain parties have won a lot of votes and others have lost a lot of votes. I don't see anyone else making wild assumptions as to the reasons.

Have you thought of a career as a spin doctor?
I wasn't referring to you, merely the wealth of short posts claiming brexit is dead and that its clearly indicative etc. Don't be so reactive.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
So many posts trying to gather a crumb of comfort that the council results are a clear indication of brexit's imminent demise. This vote was a vote that not only included votes from remainers who voted remain parties, but also, millions of leavers voted for anyone but the tories or Labour as an expression of their dissatisfaction of how the main parties have failed to deliver brexit.

Unicorns have clearly switched sides here and now they are freely gamboling along in the sunny pastures of remainers dreams.

Evidence?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

They showed their dissatisfaction by voting in large numbers for a party that wants to REMAIN? Wow, that really is thick.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here