Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I don’t disagree with you.

Something has to change and will I predict after the next general election, because no way will the Tories win 326 seats. It will be a coalition.

There has to be some general increase in income tax, plus further tackling tax avoidance. The NHS and social care require a large funding increase.

I am though sickened by hate, anti-semitism, racism at both political extremes. All these idiots feel emboldened by the chaos in the world, with some awful people such as Trump, racists in UKIP, Livingstone all now speaking freely with their crank theories or slurs on races.

Not you btw ... you have a genuine social conscience.

i think its gone beyond races mate......if you are a racist in this day and age then you have been denied an education not by the system but by society and your parents........the sad fact is when outsiders are given preference and protection by your own culture at the expense of your own well being , then dissent and resentment can never be far away......increases in taxes for who....?? the plumbers , electricians and truck drivers or the layers , solicitors and dentists with "family trusts" in place .......broken Britain...?? not 'arf...!!

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
i think its gone beyond races mate......if you are a racist in this day and age then you have been denied an education not by the system but by society and your parents........the sad fact is when outsiders are given preference and protection by your own culture at the expense of your own well being , then dissent and resentment can never be far away......increases in taxes for who....?? the plumbers , electricians and truck drivers or the layers , solicitors and dentists with "family trusts" in place .......broken Britain...?? not 'arf...!!

I would genuinely be interested to hear what laws and regulations give preference to outsiders.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
soldiers on streets ....immigrants in house.

end of

Details? Sources? You juxtapose two points in a way that suggests that if immigrants did not live in houses then soldiers would be able to have them. Isn't it shocking that anyone is 'on the street' - or are you somehow hinting that it would be fairer if the homeless were immigrants? Actually, what are you saying? 'end of' what exactly?

Last edited:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Details? Sources? You juxtapose two points in a way that suggests that if immigrants did not live in houses then soldiers would be able to have them. Isn't it shocking that anyone is 'on the street' - or are you somehow hinting that it would be fairer if the homeless were immigrants? Actually, what are you saying? 'end of' what exactly?

British Legion claims 6,000 ex servicemen homeless or in prison , source inews , ......google it , and spend the rest of the afternoon communicating with yourself , surely Britain should shelter it's own before it houses all comers ..... you condescending , smart arsed c**t.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

blimey....anyone would think it was your round......:whistle:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Have Remainers lost perspective?

Catastrophising, as Greg Lukianoff and Jonathan Haidt note in their recent book The Coddling of the American Mind, is what we do when we believe that something is far worse than it is, usually after an event or moment has challenged our values and beliefs. Psychologists associate catastrophising with the parallel traits of overthinking, magnification, feelings of helplessness and a tendency to view an event (or an election result) as being much worse, dire or severe than it really was.

When prominent Remainers compare Eurosceptics to Nazis, or modern-day Britain to the Weimar Republic, they are engaging in something that has defined much of our post-referendum debate: liberal ‘catastrophising’ – a cognitive distortion leading them to expect, and become obsessed by, the worst of all possible outcomes.

The distortion means that Brexit is not an uncomfortable democratic result but rather signals the rebirth of fascism. The 2016 referendum was not a valid democratic exercise but was hijacked by the Russians. The ERG is not a fringe group of eccentric Eurosceptic reactionaries who are obsessed about trade but is somehow equivalent to the virulent anti-Semitic, white supremacist and revolutionary Nazis, and so on.

The irony is that liberal catastrophisers engage in exactly the same behaviour that they associate with populists and Right-wing extremists; they overgeneralise; they label others; they engage in Manichean ‘good-versus-bad’ dichotomous thinking; they lose perspective; and they become obsessed with apocalyptic-style scenarios.

Rather than assessing things rationally, and engaging with those who hold different points of view, they cling to comfort blankets, such as catastrophising, distancing and emotional reasoning.

https://unherd.com/2019/04/have-the-remainers-lost-perspective/

Yes .... yes, they have. :mad:

Bit too Pseuds Corner for me but I am sure there is an element of truth here. Most of us tend to overdo the gloom when predicting the effect of an unexpected and unwanted event. Human nature. Perhaps it's the reverse of the mindset that affects the views of happy-clappies and flat-earthers - the habit of preferring blind faith to actual facts, the insistence that everything will be all right just because God or his mate said it would be. It's prevalent among many absolutist men and women of extreme faith... the Scientologists, Jehovah's Witnesses, Seven Day Adventists, Moonies, Brexiteers... those sort of people.

(Incidentally, I have never thought that Brexit will lead to some spectacular catastrophe. Just a dull decline and marginalisation.)

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I see IDS has been arguing with an expert over border controls this afternoon.

[tweet]1122837292211527680[/tweet]

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I see IDS has been arguing with an expert over border controls this afternoon.

[tweet]1122837292211527680[/tweet]

In 6 seconds of mime, Mr Lamy basically sums up the entire Brexit debate.

Jan 30, 2008
In 6 seconds of mime, Mr Lamy basically sums up the entire Brexit debate.
there's nothing to debate , the vote was to leave, only one question to ask and that's why haven't we............ answer is snidey two faced MP 's NOT UP TO CARRYING OUT THE REFERENDUM RESULT
regards
DR

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Of course they are but they're too far up their own arse's to notice :wave:
regards
DR

Hey Das Reich!

You seem to reply to everyone on here but when I asked you about the 8 year old video you posted of an immigrant from a youtube channel that almost exclusively likes fun loving David Duke of the KKK videos, you seemed to forget.

Got any more top YT channels you want to share?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Jan 30, 2008
Hey Das Reich!

You seem to reply to everyone on here but when I asked you about the 8 year old video you posted of an immigrant from a youtube channel that almost exclusively likes fun loving David Duke of the KKK videos, you seemed to forget.

Got any more top YT channels you want to share?
i just posted up a link, don't lose sleep over it
regards
DR

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Doesn’t make them right though. However, all the options are a shower of shite. We all know The Brexit Party will get support. The referendum demonstrated that the majority of people in the U.K. are thick as mince. Why should that have changed.

Why aren't the 2 racist parties getting 52%? Looks like 17% short, no wonder they don't want a second ref...

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here