Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Sorry new to this thread could someone summarise the last 8518 pages for me please?

The Brexiteers told a pack of lies turbo charged with dark money
The lies are undeliverable
Now its everyone elses fault
Its cost 60B us quid so far
No one seems to be happy

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
None of it matters The EU is going to collapse in the next few years ,its such a mess in Europe with high unemployment in Greece ,Spain ,Italy etc

Oh that old chestnut, any of these countries looking to repeat our disasterous experiment?

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Sorry new to this thread could someone summarise the last 8518 pages for me please?
The Country voted to leave, by a democratic majority.

All of those people are apparently thick. Only the leave side lied, apparently, if you believe the dominant posters here.

People are 'likely to die', and the remainers are certain we've all changed our minds and want unicorns.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

All of those people are apparently thick. Only the leave side lied, apparently, if you believe the dominant posters here.

People are 'likely to die', and the remainers are certain we've all changed our minds and want unicorns.
Good summation of this thread. Unfortunately it is dominated by people who do not actually wish to discuss and certainly do not make any new points, moreover a few just wish to belittle anyone who doesn't share their paradigm. It's a pity as there are good posters on both sides of the divide, but the few keep ruining it.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
We won`t be the first ,the EU is like the old communist bloc .

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.

Literally the biggest pile of steaming fake news disrespectful bullshit that I've ever seen posted on here.

Having visited it myself in the 80s and having numerous friends over the years who grew up under it I can only confirm that you are at best in need of an education or at worst completely thick as mince.

Ever queued for milk ? I have.

One of my very best friends (Czech) is running around getting his English family Czech passports. He is utterly appalled that educated politicians in the country he has made his home are quite happy making populist lies that the uneducated will lap it up for their own self enrichment.

.. reminds him of his childhood.

How dare you suggest that people who grew up under communist regimes with no freedom of movement are now living under similar conditions.

The bullshit lies you consume on the internet are as near to communism as you will ever get.

You know absolutely nothing.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Your exaggerated generalisations do you no favours.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
None of it matters The EU is going to collapse in the next few years ,its such a mess in Europe with high unemployment in Greece ,Spain ,Italy etc

We were told that three years ago. Our economy is the one that's slipping, with all the wastage preparing for No Deal, which has slipped by twice now.

albion68

Oct 27, 2011
Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.

Literally the biggest pile of steaming fake news disrespectful bullshit that I've ever seen posted on here.

Having visited it myself in the 80s and having numerous friends over the years who grew up under it I can only confirm that you are at best in need of an education or at worst completely thick as mince.

One of my very best friends (Czech) is running around getting his English family Czech passports. He is utterly appalled that educated politicians in the country he has made his home are quite happy making populist lies that the uneducated will lap it up for their own self enrichment.

.. reminds him of his childhood.

How dare you suggest that people who grew up under communist regimes and were unable to leave their own country are now living under similar conditions.

You know nothing.

I`ve been to communist countries as well ,you got the wrong end of the stick i meant in the way that it will collapse like the communist bloc did IMO.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
We were told that three years ago. Our economy is the one that's slipping, with all the wastage preparing for No Deal, which has slipped by twice now.
No you are quite wrong, our economy is doing better than the eurozone.

From the guardian only a couple of weeks ago: https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/apr/01/uk-manufacturers-brexit-stockpiling-eurozone-eu

There are also numerous quotes from other sources citing very poor economic performance and outlook for the EU. Nothing concise enough and I thought you'd prefer the guardian.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I`ve been to communist countries as well ,you got the wrong end of the stick i meant in the way that it will collapse like the communist bloc did IMO.

Oh do go on.

Will we see tanks on the streets of Madrid ?

Did the communist bloc collapse by a series of referendum ?

Laughable. Clueless. Fake News.

albion68

Oct 27, 2011

Like i said i said earlier economist are saying that EU countries are going into recession ,i mean what is so good about the EU i think they want our money to prop it up !

albion68

Oct 27, 2011
Oh do go on.

Will we see tanks on the streets of Madrid ?

Did the communist bloc collapse by a series of referendum ?

Laughable. Clueless. Fake News.

I don`t know started in Poland and the other countries had enough of communism , wanted freedom .The EU is an economic straight jacket countries are suffering high unemployment Germany going into Recession maybe , Who is to say it will go on for decades.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here