Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
All this sarcastic back-stabbing going on has caused people to miss the interesting things to do with trade,such as this:

thick.png

Might bring a more realistic view of future trade to the EU bEUrocrats?Probably not.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
All this sarcastic back-stabbing going on has caused people to miss the interesting things to do with trade,such as this:

View attachment 107389

Might bring a more realistic view of future trade to the EU bEUrocrats?Probably not.

Well, I never expected that, a jpeg of some words with no link or source :facepalm:

Still at least those Internet goblins can't get you if you don't post links

My internet security tells me not to,and the ITK people on here are always telling us to trust experts.Some sites will only give you very basic access to their sites from a non-HTTPS site.They might as well be talking in Pushtu as far as I'm concerned,but then I didn't go to university.

Tin_foil_hat_2.jpg

Have a look at the address bar, you moron :lolol:

Last edited:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Professor Muijs who works for OFSTEAD and has been a longstanding expert on education in the UK, having previously held professorships in the University of Southampton, University of Manchester and University of Newcastle and worked as a senior lecturer at the University of Warwick.
He has served on expert bodies and advisory groups and is the co-editor of an education research journal.
Having origionaly come from Belgium Professor Muijis has lived and worked in the UK for the past 20 years applied for settled status only to find he has been refused!!!!!! and Chris Grayling has not had anything to do with this one

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Shoreham's own:-

[tweet]1115639682270990337[/tweet]

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Professor Muijs who works for OFSTEAD and has been a longstanding expert on education in the UK, having previously held professorships in the University of Southampton, University of Manchester and University of Newcastle and worked as a senior lecturer at the University of Warwick.
He has served on expert bodies and advisory groups and is the co-editor of an education research journal.
Having origionaly come from Belgium Professor Muijis has lived and worked in the UK for the past 20 years applied for settled status only to find he has been refused!!!!!! and Chris Grayling has not had anything to do with this one

Already been done.Have you got the Twitterqueen on ignore?Talking of twitter,nobody has posted this yet-wonder why?

twitblank.png

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Has someone upset you? Why don't you just lie down in a darkened room and give your poor worn out brain a rest....... I'm sure you will feel a lot better about things.

Why don't you just lie down,and come back as yourself.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Shoreham's own:- Tim laughton

[tweet]1115639682270990337[/tweet]

Sadly this ERG, Leadsome loving moron is my MP, I'm so glad I contributed to reducing his majority by 2/3rds at the last election.... A bit more self belief and we can kick him out next time.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So, with No Deal now looking unlikely at the bookies (see Paddy Power's odds), what do we all think will happen between now and Friday?

Answers on a postcard.

EU agrees extension to the end of the year is, IMHO, the likeliest outcome right now. The Government has already set the ball rolling on holding European elections, which means the ticking clock ceases to be of imminent danger.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Sadly this ERG, Leadsome loving moron is my MP, I'm so glad I contributed to reducing his majority by 2/3rds at the last election.... A bit more self belief and we can kick him out next time.

Same here hopfully we can get him out of office at the next election

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
You are so incredibly stupid.Where does it say anything about us having left?I have finally found someone even dumber than Watford zero answers!

Your comment was that you have booked a holiday this year which is cheaper than the one you booked last year. This was (in your mind) somehow proof that if the UK leaves without a deal then travel to the continent will not be either more expensive or more complicated. Here is a list of things which are undeniably true (assuming you actually have booked said holiday, but I'll take it in good faith, and that you booked it this time last year).

1. The UK is still a member of the European Union
This is clearly true (unless you subscribe to one of the madcap conspiracy theories which claims it isn't, but I don't think you're anything like enough of a crackpot to believe such things, so we'll move on.

2. Freedom of Movement and other EU-specific benefits still apply
Again, self-evident as part of #1 being true. This means there is no requirement for a visa to travel to Spain (unlike, for example, the US, which incurs a charge of $14), and membership of the EHIC is still available to UK travellers, cutting the costs vastly of travel insurance.

So as we can see here, your claim that it's easy is true, and that is thanks to EU membership. Were the UK to leave without a deal on Friday this week (which is a remote possibility, but nevertheless still one which could happen) both of the above would be rendered immediately untrue. As such, your trip to Spain will require a visa and beefed up insurance, both of which will cost you money. Talking of which, let's move on to the financial side of things. Your claim that their prices are "20% down on last year". So I went off to go and have a look at the value of sterling against the Euro. Well it turns out that equates for around 10% of the price differential in one sitting, as recently the pound has grown stronger against the Euro, largely as a result of the UK not leaving the EU with No Deal.

https://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=GBP&to=EUR&view=2Y

But what if the UK left without a deal? Well the IMF came out today and says that the UK would face a two year recession in the event of No Deal. Now you might quibble with that, but I'm more inclined to believe the IMF over you so we'll keep going. Such a move would also trigger a collapse in the value of the pound, as we have already seen on the night of the referendum and at various points since as it looked like the UK would leave with a Hard or No Deal Brexit. So in the event that it actually happens, it wouldn't take a massive fall to wipe out the gains mentioned earlier and indeed if the pound fell to being worth 0.94 Euros then suddenly that's your 20% gone entirely. More realistic expectations among many financial analysts indicate it is likely the pound may drop to 0.80 or even 0.75 Euros. So suddenly that 20% decrease has become an increase. I may be "incredibly stupid", but even I can tell that an increase in price means it costs more.

So there you go. Enjoy your holiday to Spain. Remember it's cheaper thanks to the EU.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Well, I never expected that, a jpeg of some words with no link or source :facepalm:

Still at least those Internet goblins can't get you if you don't post links

View attachment 107391

Have a look at the address bar, you moron :lolol:

Just had a lovely British bacon sandwich.I thought maybe you had gone into the business when I saw the wrapper,but it actually said THICK CUT.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Your comment was that you have booked a holiday this year which is cheaper than the one you booked last year. This was (in your mind) somehow proof that if the UK leaves without a deal then travel to the continent will not be either more expensive or more complicated. Here is a list of things which are undeniably true (assuming you actually have booked said holiday, but I'll take it in good faith, and that you booked it this time last year).

1. The UK is still a member of the European Union
This is clearly true (unless you subscribe to one of the madcap conspiracy theories which claims it isn't, but I don't think you're anything like enough of a crackpot to believe such things, so we'll move on.

2. Freedom of Movement and other EU-specific benefits still apply
Again, self-evident as part of #1 being true. This means there is no requirement for a visa to travel to Spain (unlike, for example, the US, which incurs a charge of $14), and membership of the EHIC is still available to UK travellers, cutting the costs vastly of travel insurance.

So as we can see here, your claim that it's easy is true, and that is thanks to EU membership. Were the UK to leave without a deal on Friday this week (which is a remote possibility, but nevertheless still one which could happen) both of the above would be rendered immediately untrue. As such, your trip to Spain will require a visa and beefed up insurance, both of which will cost you money. Talking of which, let's move on to the financial side of things. Your claim that their prices are "20% down on last year". So I went off to go and have a look at the value of sterling against the Euro. Well it turns out that equates for around 10% of the price differential in one sitting, as recently the pound has grown stronger against the Euro, largely as a result of the UK not leaving the EU with No Deal.

https://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=GBP&to=EUR&view=2Y

But what if the UK left without a deal? Well the IMF came out today and says that the UK would face a two year recession in the event of No Deal. Now you might quibble with that, but I'm more inclined to believe the IMF over you so we'll keep going. Such a move would also trigger a collapse in the value of the pound, as we have already seen on the night of the referendum and at various points since as it looked like the UK would leave with a Hard or No Deal Brexit. So in the event that it actually happens, it wouldn't take a massive fall to wipe out the gains mentioned earlier and indeed if the pound fell to being worth 0.94 Euros then suddenly that's your 20% gone entirely. More realistic expectations among many financial analysts indicate it is likely the pound may drop to 0.80 or even 0.75 Euros. So suddenly that 20% decrease has become an increase. I may be "incredibly stupid", but even I can tell that an increase in price means it costs more.

So there you go. Enjoy your holiday to Spain. Remember it's cheaper thanks to the EU.

The only reason it's cheaper you dimwit is fewer people are travelling to the EU,,so they are trying to encourage Brits to come back by cutting prices.If they don't,there are plenty of other holiday destinations,none of which offer EHIC,but then,anybody bar dimwits has travel insurance.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Just had a lovely British bacon sandwich.I thought maybe you had gone into the business when I saw the wrapper,but it actually said THICK CUT.

Maybe the joke would have worked better if you had put it in a jpeg :dunce:

Personally, I think this could prove to be far funnier

OK,I'm positive you won't get a second referendum!

Two Profs, the gift that never stops giving :lolol:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here