Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
It'll have to do.

I was hoping for an accidental comedy their/there mishap or a cheeky "could of" - but deliberately mis-spelling my name will have to do even though it's not half as amusing.

You're trying too hard Sim .....

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Oh I don't know. Those trade deals Fox has agreed in principal with the likes of Papau New Guinea, Fiji, the Faroe Islands plus Liechtenstein will be MASSIVE.

Bizarrely, Liechtenstein is the worlds biggest exporter of false teeth. Those with advanced tooth decay can look forward to the prospect of tariff free gnashers. That's nice.

They might export loads to their rotten neighbours,but most dentures are made in the country they are required.Ivoclar have a registered office there,along with loads of other companies,in fact,they have more than their population.Their best known company and largest manufacturer/employer is Hilti fixings,class of the field in engineering fixings.So 3/10,must try harder.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don’t always concur with your views, sometimes I do, but NSC’ers can always have a intelligent conversation with you.

I hope you’re unaffected by the childish insults that routinely come your way, which I take as jealousy of the life you’ve made for yourself.
HT is quite capable of dishing out insults too. What life has he made for himself? I didn't know he'd published it here.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just watching SKY News. Every single one of these MP wankers is really really keen on quoting 'democracy' and 'will of the British people'. It's still all petty point scoring and still all beyond pathetic. Only positive aspect is it might hasten in the advent of proportional representation. Shower of self-serving shits.

EU should just boot us out til our shower of self-serving shits get their act together and come cap-in-hand to apply for re-entry.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I don't know, how many?

I don't know.

Its a shame you don't know either as it would be really useful to know, particularly if you wanted to do something on the basis of knowing how many people have/haven't changed their minds. If only there was a way to find out. Have to just carry on and assume though.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
HT is quite capable of dishing out insults too. What life has he made for himself? I didn't know he'd published it here.

Like many people here, over the years HT might post occasionally about a meal out, running, a holiday or a trip to the 1901 Club for a special occasion. A couple of lurkers immediately seize upon his every move, with a monologue of personal insults flying.

Not nice behaviour. Definitely a grudge.

Not from you btw, you’re another one anyone can have a sensible debate with.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Like many people here, over the years HT might post occasionally about a meal out, running, a holiday or a trip to the 1901 Club for a special occasion. A couple of lurkers immediately seize upon his every move, with a monologue of personal insults flying.

Not nice behaviour. Definitely a grudge.
I'll take your word for it, I don't tend to notice what others have said to each other.

Not from you btw, you’re another one anyone can have a sensible debate with.
That's libel right there.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
You couldn't make it up.

This afternoon MPs will be debating, and then voting, on whether they can be arsed to turn up for work tomorrow. What's to debate? Even if there is no Brexit business to be done, what about all the other issues they have been ignoring for the past two and a half years.

Bunch of lazy ****ers the lot of them. A plague on all their houses.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I don't know.

Its a shame you don't know either as it would be really useful to know, particularly if you wanted to do something on the basis of knowing how many people have/haven't changed their minds. If only there was a way to find out. Have to just carry on and assume though.

But a clear majority don't want a referendum if remain is an option according to polls while many claim people have changed their minds about staying/leaving by a lesser extent according to polls, so we should have a referendum with remain as an option. The public had a democratic say in the 2016 referendum and the 2017 General Election how many times would you like to ask them before you think their democratic choice should be enacted?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
So tomorrows vote will be on the WD ONLY, nothing now on future relationship at all. So really a proper blind Brexit, some Brexiteers might like that aspect of it..

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Mark Francois demonstrating how to lose an argument by stepping off the moral high ground and digging a hole at the same time!

Peter Kyle valiantly trying to talk sense.

https://twitter.com/DavidRMock/status/1111248026167885824

I've seen Francois on TV a few times recently having never heard of him before. He's a complete moron.

It's not just that I disagree with everything that comes out of his fat mouth, it's also that he's thick as mince and just wades into arguments where he has no clue what he's on about. Then when he gets DESTROYED by anyone with half a brain, he just repeats the same rubbish but LOUDER. Who votes for someone like that to be their representative? He's a grade A weapon.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
So tomorrows vote will be on the WD ONLY, nothing now on future relationship at all. So really a proper blind Brexit, some Brexiteers might like that aspect of it..

But May wouldn't be in charge of the chat over future relationships, we would have someone who might well be able to handle such a pow wow.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
But a clear majority don't want a referendum if remain is an option according to polls while many claim people have changed their minds about staying/leaving by a lesser extent according to polls, so we should have a referendum with remain as an option. The public had a democratic say in the 2016 referendum and the 2017 General Election how many times would you like to ask them before you think their democratic choice should be enacted?

Yep.

The idea that leave voters have somehow changed their minds in droves, just because of the current shenanigans, is a figment of remainers' imaginations.

Why on earth do some of you think leave voters will suddenly vote to remain in the EU because the Government made such a mess of leaving and because the EU made it difficult? Nothing about our reasons for voting to leave have changed.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
You couldn't make it up.

This afternoon MPs will be debating, and then voting, on whether they can be arsed to turn up for work tomorrow. What's to debate? Even if there is no Brexit business to be done, what about all the other issues they have been ignoring for the past two and a half years.

Bunch of lazy ****ers the lot of them. A plague on all their houses.

To be fair to them, not all their work takes place in the Houses of Parliament, they'd be doing work in their own constituencies. Jess Phillips just tweeted she had to cancel visits and meetings to attend Parliament.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yep.

The idea that leave voters have somehow changed their minds in droves, just because of the current shenanigans, is a figment of remainers' imaginations.

Why on earth do some of you think leave voters will suddenly vote to remain in the EU because the Government made such a mess of leaving and because the EU made it difficult? Nothing about our reasons for voting to leave have changed.
I can't speak for all remainers but that isn't really the case for many of us is it? The idea that leave voters have somehow changed their minds in droves stems from the fact that leave hasn't won in ANY independent opinion poll since January 2018.

Sorry for rebuffing your utter nonsense with fact, and please note that this doesn't count as bullying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here