Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It wasn't a waste of time, that was the first set of voting and a couple of options were quite close. Take into account those that didn't vote (eg, the cabinet), and one of the options could get through.

If they want to go with the option that involves putting an agreed deal to the public, they wouldn't really want it to go through first time anyway, they'd want to make it look like they tried everything before finally accepting it had to go to a second referendum.

Indeed

Its the start of the process. Its what we should have been doing 2 years ago....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Still rankles ...........

It’s you who seems to have an issue with it. You repeatedly raise the point about how great you were at sports at school. I’m pleased for you....but your greatest achievement was quite a few years ago now.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
If you are still in the EU CU you cannot

Anyway, doing our own trade deals is a waste of time, the EU has got there first, with the big guns it will be hard to do better and in many cases the EU will need to be involved.

If we get that far the reality to be a bit of a bombshell to some

Oh I don't know. Those trade deals Fox has agreed in principal with the likes of Papau New Guinea, Fiji, the Faroe Islands plus Liechtenstein will be MASSIVE.

Bizarrely, Liechtenstein is the worlds biggest exporter of false teeth. Those with advanced tooth decay can look forward to the prospect of tariff free gnashers. That's nice.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Oh I don't know. Those trade deals Fox has agreed in principal with the likes of Papau New Guinea, Fiji, the Faroe Islands plus Liechtenstein will be MASSIVE.

Bizarrely, Liechtenstein is the worlds biggest exporter of false teeth. Those with advanced tooth decay can look forward to the prospect of tariff free gnashers. That's nice.

I bet all those dusty Brexiteer pensioners are chomping their gums at the bit over this!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
We can do our own trade deals under the customs union in the withdrawal agreement, as it is not the full EU version of the customs union.

Not until the Northern Ireland issue is resolved. We would be in The customs union and single market during withdrawal period, and the aim in the PD is that we would have A customs union after, but the backstop is The customs union for the UK and single market alignment for N.Ireland.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Poor old Liam....

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 99

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I thought they always wanted to leave, as per the vote? :shrug:

Both have changed their mind on the Withdrawal Agreement (or at least one has for certain). It seems MPs are allowed to change their minds but the British people are not.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Don't forget, the Liberal Democrats have been absolutely decimated for choosing to share power with this lot (and with hindsight, seemingly curbing a good deal of their excesses). Meanwhile, key Conservative figures have lied and continue to manoeuvre their way into positions of power at great expense to the country. It is absolutely shameful. And yet, despite this, you wouldn't put your mortgage on the Tories losing power if a GE was called tomorrow.

It is good to know the great British public have got their priorities right. :rolleyes:
I agree with what you've said about Johnson and JRM - the thought of that self serving **** Johnson becoming PM fills me with sadness. That doesn't mean I'd rather the communist Corbyn be in charge though. The thought of that fills me with fear, and I'd take sadness over fear (although if they were the choices, I'd probably vote Lib Dem or something).

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
The UK could still do it's own trade deals, I believe. Within the EU you cannot.

Only if it entered a new Customs Union rather than the one it is already a part of... and then presumably it would only be able to enter trade deals on those goods not subject to that new Customs Union?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here