Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

We are looking at two year delay aren't we ?

*cough* infinite delay *cough*

It is still possible these clowns may vote for a deal (one written BY the EU - since the EU have to agree with it) just to fulfill the 'will of the people'. I am hoping they will wake the **** up and recognise that you can't saddle up and ride off into the sunset on the back of a unicorn.

I would LOVE to know what all those mad mugs I have blocked on this thread think.

Hang on......no I wouldn't

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Basically parliament has just said 'no' to everything. And the government would have said 'no' if they had said 'yes'. The government would bring back their proposal and parliament would say 'no'. And the government cannot say 'yes' if parliament says 'no' on that proposal. So the answer to everything is 'no'.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Taking back control

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Seems like Clarke's and/or the Becket/Kyle/Wilson options came out on top?

Easiest solution is to put May's deal to a public confirmatory vote which, if rejected, either means the revocation of A50 and then Brexit stopped fully or Clarke's option pursued long term?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1111021574377930753[/TWEET]

In other words, it's off to the European elections we go...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Surely they run this again on Monday and remove 3/4 worst performing options.

No - every MP got to vote yes or no to every option. Removing an option won't affect the outcome.

Maybe they should exclude all the MPs who voted for the three least popular outcomes. They could make this a binding exclusion by attaching a weight to their ankles and tipping them off Westminster Bridge into the Thames. Last man alive determines how we leave.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ken Clarke's amendment by far the most likely. Doesn't feel like getting 4 MPs to switch sides would be all that difficult

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
No - every MP got to vote yes or no to every option. Removing an option won't affect the outcome.

Maybe they should exclude all the MPs who voted for the three least popular outcomes. They could make this a binding exclusion by attaching a weight to their ankles and tipping them off Westminster Bridge into the Thames. Last man alive determines how we leave.

It seems they are coming back Monday with fewer options.

If Mays deal doesn’t go through.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It is worth bearing in mind that we are all going to be back here for another round of this on Monday, and this might focus a few minds on some of the most likely to pass (CU and 2nd ref most likely).

Unless May's deal is passed this week, which if enough Brexiters are spooked by the prospects of what might win on Monday based on the above, it might.

So tonight wasn't completely pointless. If anything it's framing the debate for the next week, which will turn increasingly toward May's Deal vs CU / PV / CU & PV.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It was my understanding from political pundits, that this was always likely, being just indicative votes, with the ‘“least unpopular” ‘winners’ tonight, being chosen for debate and proper votes next week.

thats what i thought too. the expectation wasnt an outright "winner" but to first measure how much support there is for options and eliminate the least popular.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So are we leaving Friday or not? This matters to me. I really don't know.

We're not. That's about the only thing that's certain right now.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
So those MP's who want the Customs Union should therefore vote for the Withdrawal Agreement. Will be interesting to see the list of those that voted for this but voted against the Withdrawal Agreement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here