Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm just listening to MP Beard explaining the 8 option vote.

All sounded very reasonable leaving me thinking:-

WHY THE FECK DIDN'T YOU DO THIS 3 YEARS AGO?

Sacks a shite - the lot of them.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Many of them sit in heavy leave constituencies. If their main objection is going.........

I don't doubt Tory MPs will change their minds. What I don't see is Labour MPs suddenly changing theirs because that would have already defied the whip and voted for the deal on the last 2 times it was heard anyway. May going isn't going to suddenly sway a load more Labour MPs.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I’m struggling to see how MP’s can now vote for TM’s slightly amended deal simply because she has said she’ll leave before the next round of negotiations . I’m not saying whether I would vote for her deal or not but just that she was always dead in the water and nothing has changed with the news breaking now.

Because they have swallowed that No Deal is gone and a "cross party" Brexit will probably mean a soft Brexit.

It's "only" the Withdrawal agreement and they get a Brexiteer in charge.

The party are in a very odd place. They've basically given up on a very huge section of the electorate. Consensus is abhorrent to them.

I fully expect a bit of a backlash internally against Boris Johnson and Rees Moog. IF the deal goes through their actions have wasted a lot of time and money.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm just listening to MP Beard explaining the 8 option vote.

All sounded very reasonable leaving me thinking:-

WHY THE FECK DIDN'T YOU DO THIS 3 YEARS AGO?

Sacks a shite - the lot of them.

Not the lot of them, just a minority government not engaging in this 3 years ago instead of thinking they could buy off the DUP and take everyone of their MPs with them.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Removed by her going, with the likely candidates that will replace her. Do behave.

the theory i read/heard was that a caretaker takes over for a period, which probably rules out all on that list.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1110957958773526529[/tweet]

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
"I don't back this deal, it's dreadful"
"She'll leave if you do. You could become leader"
"I'm backing this deal"

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Because they have no morals whatsoever. They have traded their support for the Prime Minister to go.
But she's going to go fairly soon anyway.

No - the other options are worse for arch brexiteers, well the ones that will get support.
Sure, but most MPs are not arch Brexiteers, so they should be rejecting the deal. Maybe a few MPs that weren't supporting it, now will, but a few who were, now won't.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So they will vote it through...then once she has gone, they will overturn it and crash out

Shysters the lot of them

Wouldn't have happened under Trotsky!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My god that poling from UGov is amazing.

Terry May STILL polled 31% to Corbyn's 19%

While the Tories were still just ahead of Labour 36/33, but 20% said they'd vote for anyone other than them 2 or the Liberals.

D2qY1PfX4AEugdc.png

D2qYclrXQAAyNT5.png

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here