Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
You don't read these do you.

The 40 extra people they plan to employ worldwide will be thrilled to get a job or apprenticeship.

Hopefully,a few will be in the Fourth Reich,to help their mass unemployment down a bit.:angel:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
How is that bad news?
Global Britain has to be better than an annexe of the 4th Reich.

On our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is genuinely funny !

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
It will

On our way

Easiest deal in history

Brexit means Brexit

No deal

Undemocratic loons

Tick Tock

19 days to go

:thumbsup:

Yay lets go back to the (non existant) good old times! The Tory party have this so well in hand before 19 days are up, I look forward to them managing our contractual wranglings after! Should all be in our best interests....

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The last bit of this in The Sunday Times today and what might happen this week caught my eye. Particularly the fact the words 'leadership candidates' 'Esther McVey' 'Liz Truss' 'Gavin Williamson' and 'the bar has been set so low with this prime minister that they might as well have a crack' are all contained in it:

The prime minister’s weakness has convinced even her allies that she might not be able to fight on for long. May has been warned by aides she might have to promise to leave Downing Street in June if she is to get her deal through. Two senior cabinet ministers, both loyalist and not usually close friends, had a conversation recently in which they concluded that May’s time was up. “She’s done,” one said.

A party adviser said: “There are leadership candidates in the advanced stages of planning their campaigns and some even have their literature printed and ready to go whenever the starting gun is fired.” A senior figure in one of the leadership campaigns said: “I think it could all happen quite quickly.”

Four candidates, certain to run, have put campaign teams in place and are actively recruiting supporters: Boris Johnson, Jeremy Hunt, Dominic Raab and Sajid Javid. Amber Rudd has told friends in the past two weeks that she will not run and will back either Johnson or Michael Gove, who is also considering his options.

In Rudd’s absence, former aides to David Cameron are urging Matt Hancock, the health secretary, to throw his hat in the ring. From the cabinet Liz Truss is “one million per cent certain” to run, and friends say Andrea Leadsom will also test her support — while Gavin Williamson and Brandon Lewis are also in the frame. Penny Mordaunt, the development secretary, is expected to join forces with Jeremy Hunt, the foreign secretary, a move that would boost Hunt’s credibility with Brexiteers. The former work and pensions secretary Esther McVey will soon set out her stall.

Others who may run to raise their profiles include: James Cleverly, Tobias Ellwood, Tom Tugendhat, Philip Lee, Justine Greening, Sam Gyimah, Johnny Mercer — and even the almost totally anonymous Mel Stride, who is said to enjoy the backing of veteran John Hayes. “People feel the bar has been set so low with this prime minister that they might as well have a crack at it and see what happens,” a Tory insider said.

Despite this feverish activity, May might still spin things out for several more weeks. But her ability to delay her fate is dwindling. “There’s no long grass left,” a cabinet source said. “We’re in the f****** Sahara now.”

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/...uld-have-no-deal-no-brexit-or-no-pm-c8l83ffwn

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The last bit of this in The Sunday Times today and what might happen this week caught my eye. Particularly the fact the words 'leadership candidates' 'Esther McVey' 'Liz Truss' 'Gavin Williamson' and 'the bar has been set so low with this prime minister that they might as well have a crack' are all contained in it:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/...uld-have-no-deal-no-brexit-or-no-pm-c8l83ffwn

A lot of that is simply manoeuvring to be in with a good chance of a decent cabinet post under the next prime minister. A lot of those " Testing the Water " genuinely have no hope and will be eliminated very early on, however, the real prize is to be eliminated then very publicly throw your weight behind who they think is the contender with the best chance of making it in the hope of the reward of a decent position when its all sorted.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
https://twitter.com/brexitcentral/status/1104668251647291392?s=21
Who cares what the Plebs think eh?

On our way.

The dark lord of the Kremlin has been very successful with his psychological warfare attack, pushing his dis-information into the minds of the British people with supporting agents of influence and technological delivery systems like facebook.

We have lost the war, utterly defeated. When the country collapses in April, the victims of the psychological attack will be the hardest hit as the full horror *no deal* happens.

The Kremlin will be issuing medals.

Don't worry about what you can't control now. It is done.

Be prepared as best you can.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
The dark lord of the Kremlin has been very successful with his psychological warfare attack, pushing his dis-information into the minds of the British people with supporting agents of influence and technological delivery systems like facebook.

We have lost the war, utterly defeated. When the country collapses in April, the victims of the psychological attack will be hardest hit as the full horror *no deal* happens.

The Kremlin will be issuing medals.

Don't worry about what you can't control. It is done.

Be prepared as best you can.

I’m off out to get Me tin foil hat.

On our way.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I’m off out to get Me tin foil hat.

On our way.

Yeah. Predictable reaction.

You'll be one of the hardest hit, psychologically, I suspect, when it all comes crashing down.

It's done.

Watching this is better than wasting your time with tin foil :

https://youtu.be/A6gf5whRuQ0

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Will Self is pretty much like some of the more supercilious remainiacs on here, a thoroughly, nasty, spiteful, nation loathing gobshite.

On our way.

So , you accuse the EU of being “the fourth Reich” (obviously a ridiculous and offensive term) yet anyone who speaks out against Brexit as being “nation loathing (gobshites)”. One of the third reich’s standard tactics.

You really don’t have a clue, do you.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
With 20 days to go the law needs to change very quickly.

On our way.

This was posted at 20:36 yesterday. Yes, yesterday. The mind absolutely boggles as to why any Albion fan would want to post something on here about Brexit during the afterglow of beating Palace at Selhurst. Did you seriously not have anything better to do?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
This was posted at 20:36 yesterday. Yes, yesterday. The mind absolutely boggles as to why any Albion fan would want to post something on here about Brexit during the afterglow of beating Palace at Selhurst. Did you seriously not have anything better to do?

Pretty much what everyone was thinking. The guy is a sad act.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1104812775732326401[/TWEET]

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Why no criticism about narly101 posting an hour before or the fact that most posts on this thread yesterday, yes yesterday were by remainers? :rolleyes:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
So , you accuse the EU of being “the fourth Reich” (obviously a ridiculous and offensive term) yet anyone who speaks out against Brexit as being “nation loathing (gobshites)”. One of the third reich’s standard tactics.

You really don’t have a clue, do you.

Always remember that the use of the word " Lite " in almost every context means that something is either missing or much reduced, thereby creating an inferior or cheaper product. In Baker Lite's case I would think its an intellectual reduction.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here