Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Whilst I would love that to be true she has no power to do so.
Sadly, she lacks the intelligence to do it either. She seems like a Dalek that is bent on absolute destruction, and so, she is nailed to her deal and has one single ideal," BREXIT must happen AT ALL COSTS ".

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
May's Deal
No Deal
Remain

Simple.
I voted leave but have come to the conclusion that a people’s vote would actually make sense as a lot more information is now avaialable. However I believe that a huge proportion of people have taken very little interest in Brexit since the first vote and will just vote the same.

Also I don’t see how a 2nd vote would be possible as it will probably only make the situation worse if that is at all possible

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Can't be true ..... the EU must have it wrong ..... the expert [MENTION=396]WATFORD zero[/MENTION] says that it absolutely won't happen and [MENTION=34106]ManOfSussex[/MENTION] says it can't. They surely know more than the EU ??

This is getting repetitive now, to the point of almost a little hyper-manic isn't it Westdene? I appreciate it amuses you though. Tiny things and all that. I also appreciate you don't have any concept of what no deal entails, nor realise that contingencies are merely damage limitation exercises for an unsustainable, futile situation and The UK is going to be hurt big time along with Ireland, because of the idiocy that now infests this country, such as with people like you cheering it all on. I'll give you example though of no deal by way of an analogy, and as you seem to believe in unicorns and Father Christmas it'll be a nice bedtime story for you if nothing else:

18 months ago in the eastern Caribbean a big Hurricane named 'Irma' was due to hit Anguilla (UK) and Saint Martin (FRA & NL)

Despite 'Irma meaning Irma' and 'no Irma being better than a bad Irma', there were no idiots cheering Irma's happening, or saying they'd be fine it's project fear, so they did the best the could, battened down the hatches, boarded up windows, imposed curfews and crossed their fingers.......... Irma hit, made landfall and really badly damaged Saint Martin, but being more developed and prepared it fared better than Anguilla that was devastated. After the storm, The King of The Netherlands and The President of France visited Saint Martin and told the people they would be helped and their governments in Paris and The Hague would do everything possible to facilitate this. Anguilla on the other hand got visited by Boris Johnson, who also happens to be a clueless Brexiteer - a much more dangerous sort of individual than a French President or a Dutch King, who said 'Cripes Alordly!' blew a lot of air and probably made some pathetic reference to the Second World War and encouraged the poor and vulnerable in Anguilla to get through it by invoking the spirit of the blitz /playing fields of Eton etc

18 months on Saint Martin is recovering well. It always was more developed than Anguilla, so it always would. Anguilla? Not as much and the people aren't happy about it. They're also not happy at the prospect of their freedom of movement ending because of people like Boris Johnson and like-minded Brexiteers back in The UK who don't like freedom of movement, because lots of them visit neighbouring Saint Martin for work, recreation, healthcare etc with no problem, but not being rich, white and from southern England and using phrases like 'political correctness gone mad' they obviously really should know they place and not complain, but that's another story for another night.

Hope this helps you to understand no deal a little better, but as you think there's other roads in Kent other than motorways so what's the problem, I doubt it.

Night-Night though and don't have nightmares.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
So there is no reason we can't have a 2nd vote. See, you agree.

All those clamouring for a people’s vote seem to be remainers who think the public were too thick to be offered the original referendum vote. Surely it makes no sense to offer those same thickoes a 2nd vote if you didn’t think they should have been given the first one.

Same thickos, minus the dead, plus the recently come of age, and with enough information available to make a better informed decision, if they choose to be informed.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
So there is no reason we can't have a 2nd vote. See, you agree.

I voted leave but have come to the conclusion that a people’s vote would actually make sense as a lot more information is now avaialable. However I believe that a huge proportion of people have taken very little interest in Brexit since the first vote and will just vote the same.

Also I don’t see how a 2nd vote would be possible as it will probably only make the situation worse if that is at all possible

There is a risk of there being worse division if the result is closer, or the question being put to us does not include a preferred option of a large proportion of people. But as you say, it would be a more informed decision, if people have been paying attention

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Same thickos, minus the dead, plus the recently come of age, and with enough information available to make a better informed decision, if they choose to be informed.

With the nation split over the first vote I just think a 2nd one would cause even more uproar unfortunately. If Brexit wins again will remainers accept it? If remain wins the leavers will feel hard done by and argue for a best of 3. I don’t see how there can be an outcome that would bring people together

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Possibly because the EUs initial assumption that they weren't dealing with a complete bunch of incompetent morons is being severely tested :shrug:

Oh right, and there was me assuming it was because the EU doesn't know what card we will play next/will happen. Shirley incompetent morons are more than capable of letting us exit without a deal ???

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Can't be true ..... the EU must have it wrong ..... the expert [MENTION=396]WATFORD zero[/MENTION] says that it absolutely won't happen and [MENTION=34106]ManOfSussex[/MENTION] says it can't. They surely know more than the EU ??

Oh bless. Just because I understand a lot more than you about the requirements and implications of 'no deal' (and, apparently the Ireland/NI situation as well) doesn't make me an expert. Just simply significantly better informed than yourself :blush:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
James Patrick is often proved right, I hope that he was very wrong in October.

https://twitter.com/J_amesp/status/1046828583484821504?s=19

The biggest potential flaw that I see with it is the idea the British Government is competent enough to effectively pull off a heist of this nature. Nothing the British Government does, or has done in the last three years, instils any sense that they have a clue what they're doing or any sort of organisational nous to carry it out. Either they're all the finest actors of their generation or they really are that incompetent, and I know which I think is more likely.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
With the nation split over the first vote I just think a 2nd one would cause even more uproar unfortunately. If Brexit wins again will remainers accept it? If remain wins the leavers will feel hard done by and argue for a best of 3. I don’t see how there can be an outcome that would bring people together

For me it would be easier to stomach if we still leave, after people have had a chance to see what the outlook really is, though obviously I would hope for a reversal. The only position that would be worse is an even smaller majority one way or the other. The campaigning though could be pretty brutal and would possibly divide the Tories to the point where a number leave the party.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I see the EU is insisting we pay them £39 Billion even if there is no deal

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politic...rs-britain-pay-brexit-bill-even-no-deal-exit/

They have been complaining that there is no clarity about what a majority in the House of Commons would vote through to get a deal but when the HoC does vote by a clear majority for a path to avoid no deal (revisiting the backstop) they say nope. The EU are forcing us towards no deal and expect the UK to pay full wonga ...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
on the EU position, i dont understand why a few weeks ago there were "hints", "overtues", made that minor alteration to the agreement could be made. they could help get the deal over the line, if some fine detail, wording could change. now they state it cannot be changed, when they know the deal was refused. i know its all game theory, just dont get the hardening when its not needed. they set themselve for a climb down, or force no deal, on hope of extension (doesnt resolve the core issue) or abandonment (does anyone seriously see how that will happen?):shrug:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Now I hope you're sitting down as I don't want this to come as too much of a shock, but sometimes (for all sorts of reasons) senior politicians don't always tell the complete absolute and utter truth :eek:

Even MoS has finally realised No deal is entirely possible, shirley it would be easier to admit what is pretty obvious to most people rather than continue with this tedious routine of pretending you know more than people who are clearly better informed :shrug:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
on the EU position, i dont understand why a few weeks ago there were "hints", "overtues", made that minor alteration to the agreement could be made. they could help get the deal over the line, if some fine detail, wording could change. now they state it cannot be changed, when they know the deal was refused. i know its all game theory, just dont get the hardening when its not needed. they set themselve for a climb down, or force no deal, on hope of extension (doesnt resolve the core issue) or abandonment (does anyone seriously see how that will happen?):shrug:

The EU position wobbled on Ireland last week with conflicting messages and disunity now they all seem to be circling the wagons pushing us to the edge ... they expect us to blink first.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here