Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Go on then smart arse, why would we not allow NI to become part of Eire - I think we can do without the stoneage thinking of the DUP as being part of the UK ? It was a single island less than 100 years ago.

It was a single island when I was there recently visiting my mother too.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think there are some (not an insignificant minority) that just want chaos or have just got so entrenched in their views there is no way out. Its almost like a medical condition...
Information Warfare attacks can do that to a mind.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I can understand why you did in 2010. I have never voted for them before but wouldn't rule out ever voting for them. But this past couple of years is a genuinely special level of shithousery.

I bought the narrative in 2010 that the GFC was all Labour's fault I was wrong and was conned. Lib Dems for me now and not just for Brexit, they do at least offer mostly sensible policies in a what seems a mad world.

I'd never say never to Tories again as that wouldn't be relational, they have good people. But right now they just aren't fit to govern alone, a lot of politicians lie but with them it has become an epidemic

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think there are some (not an insignificant minority) that just want chaos or have just got so entrenched in their views there is no way out. Its almost like a medical condition...

I don't think that they WANT chaos. In fact, I'm sure they don't.

They are just happy to accept it (along with economic disaster, social deprivation, austerity x 10, and the break up of the Union) so long as they 'WIN'. For them it has become no more than a football match, or a playground fight. Winning is what matters, not the consequences of that win.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
EU aren't blinking. This game of chicken needs to stop.

[tweet]1090633580064182272[/tweet]

EU have no reason to blink. They're holding the ****ING CARDS HOW HAVE THESE TORY ***** NOT UNDERSTOOD THIS YET

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I'd never say never to Tories again as that wouldn't be relational, they have good people. But right now they just aren't fit to govern alone, a lot of politicians lie but with them it has become an epidemic

Think it's important to remember in our system we vote for an MP, not a party. I'd sooner vote for Ken Clarke than Kate Hoey, and I've voted Labour virtually every election (up to 2017).

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
EU have no reason to blink. They're holding the ****ING CARDS HOW HAVE THESE TORY ***** NOT UNDERSTOOD THIS YET

[TWEET]779231997080309760[/TWEET]

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
What on earth makes you think it's once in a lifetime?! If we leave, chances are - given the voting demographics - we'll be back in the EU within 10-15 years, quite probably sooner tbh.
Yeah, once in a lifetime refers to how long it was before we were given a referendum even though at various times it was a very popular idea. Given that this referendum has been a disaster all round, then I can't imagine the powers that be, being too happy with another in such a short time.

In any case, none of us can be confident that we know what the next ten or fifteen years will mean for the UK and for the EU. It may be that the remain camp is right and we will go begging for membership but equally, the UK may be doing quite alright or the EU may not even exist or exist in another form than it's current setup. No one can know.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
[tweet]1090627895469445121[/tweet]

Hold your nerve or run down the clock David?

Wanker.

£60,000 for 20 hours work a year thanks to JCB , he's all right whatever happens.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Hardly a Royal Flush is it, maybe pocket aces if your being generous. 39 Billion pissed away if its No Deal...:shrug:

The EU probably believes parliament will block no deal so they can play whatever sh*t cards they want as our side will always fold. If only numerous people on 'our' side weren't rooting for the other player to win and doing their best to make that happen ...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hardly a Royal Flush is it, maybe pocket aces if your being generous. 39 Billion pissed away if its No Deal...:shrug:
To me, it's like the EU walked away from the poker table half an hour ago about 20 quid down. The UK followed an hour later once it had lost 2 grand. Now after a couple of days, the UK has come back to the table hoping to win some of it back, only to find the EU thought they had all finished with this stupid game ages ago and sees no reason to inevitably lose another 20 quid.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The EU probably believes parliament will block no deal so they can play whatever sh*t cards they want as our side will always fold. If only numerous people on 'our' side weren't rooting for the other player to win and doing their best to make that happen ...
But their shit cards are less shit than our cards and always will. They could hold a double four, but so what? It's always going to beat our single nine. And they know we're holding a single nine FFS.

It's always the fault of remainers isn't it? Actually, no. Sometimes it's the EU and sometimes it's Ireland. It's never the clueless Brexiteers though is it? You know, like that quitter David Davis who turns up to negotiations armed only with a pencil and paper, or Boris Johnson who bends with public opinion and quits right when he's actually needed.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
The Commonwealth won't exists in a few years, its had its day and serves little purpose...

The Commonwealth Games in Brum certainly won't be the last,and it provides a voice for the smaller nations to put their points of view on trade and climate change.With new countries joining,and the Maldives rejoining,it will provide a forum for a large percentage of the World's population for a long time to come,long after the EU has vanished.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

It would be an interesting time to refuse to pay your trade bill. Just as you are about to begin trade negotiations with 164 countries and trading blocs under the WTO including Russia, USA, China, Brazil and the largest trading bloc in the world - oh yes, the EU :facepalm:

Could you think a little before you post as you are starting to undermine my campaign to prove not all leave voters are stupid - Thanks :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
To me, it's like the EU walked away from the poker table half an hour ago about 20 quid down. The UK followed an hour later once it had lost 2 grand. Now after a couple of days, the UK has come back to the table hoping to win some of it back, only to find the EU thought they had all finished with this stupid game ages ago and sees no reason to inevitably lose another 20 quid.

Wonder who the EU pinched the £20 from?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here