Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Well I needn't worry as you've made clear my preferred option actually can't and never will happen :thumbsup:

You know she's right

MYSTIC-MEG_2882318b-620x234.jpg

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I wonder what is about the anarchy and chaos of no deal that appeals to you Westdene?

Panic on the streets of London?
Panic on the streets of Birmingham?

I wonder to myself.

Panic on the streets of Carlisle?
Dublin, Dundee, Humberside?

I wonder to myself.

Well to be fair, there's not a lot of other excitement in the arse end of Hangleton. Trust me, I know

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I wonder what is about the anarchy and chaos of no deal that appeals to you Westdene?

Panic on the streets of London?
Panic on the streets of Birmingham?

I wonder to myself.

Panic on the streets of Carlisle?
Dublin, Dundee, Humberside?

I wonder to myself.

Well for starters I don't believe there will be anarchy. I want out of the EU lock, stock and barrell - May's deal doesn't do that so, as things stand the only other option I could support is no deal. If May / the EU want to come up with a deal leavers such as myself would support then I'm all ears. Anarchy indeed :facepalm:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Well for starters I don't believe there will be anarchy. I want out of the EU lock, stock and barrell - May's deal doesn't do that so, as things stand the only other option I could support is no deal. If May / the EU want to come up with a deal leavers such as myself would support then I'm all ears. Anarchy indeed :facepalm:

What would you call wanting the domestic and international legal, diplomatic, economic and political limbo we'd be in, ripping up the Good Friday Agreement, English and Scottish police officers assisting The PSNI as events unfold in Northern Ireland, The UK becoming an international pariah rather than just an international joke, stockpiling, shortages and the inevitable ensuing panic buying that police fear could lead to civil disorder aka looting ie the opportunity to nick trainers from Sports Direct?

Anarchy in The UK, isn't it? (and The Republic of Ireland - but that's their fault as they really should have known their place.)

Watching from 8000 miles away on Sky News, I always felt I missed out on the riots in 2011 as they snowballed across England. I'm not a anarchist like yourself, and one shouldn't condone such activities, but I have to be honest and say watching Sky News Sunrise with Eammon Holmes one morning and reading the breaking news yellow ticker bar saying that Sussex Police have advised that Morrisons in Hastings is closed today on their advice filled me with a certain air of pride.

Last edited:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
As far as I can see there has been no changing of minds regarding Brexit positions from contributors onto this thread over the past two and a half years.

I have not found any argument that has changed my view and I am unaware that I have influenced anyone to change their view.

Therefore is it time to separate archive this thread and start two new threads one exclusively for Remainers and the other exclusively for Leavers this way individuals can express views exclusively with all the individuals who agree with them.

Last edited:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
As far as I can see there has been no changing of minds regarding Brexit positions from contributors onto this thread over the past two and a half years.

I have not found any argument that has changed my view and I am unaware that I have influenced anyone to change their view.

Therefore is it time to separate archive this thread and start two new threads one exclusively for Remainers and the other exclusively for Leavers this was individuals can express views with all the individuals who agree with themselves.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Therefore is it time to separate archive this thread and start two new threads one exclusively for Remainers and the other exclusively for Leavers this was individuals can express views with all the individuals who agree with themselves.
I've changed my mind in that I wanted to Remain, but now I prefer to leave with a Common Market 2.0 ( Norway-like ) exit.

However, I would not vote leave now because my vote would be *twisted* to claim that I wanted a *no deal* disaster.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I've changed my mind in that I wanted to Remain, but now I prefer to leave with a Common Market 2.0 ( Norway-like ) exit.

However, I would not vote leave now because my vote would be *twisted* to claim that I wanted a *no deal* disaster.

That's fair enough, but the one thing I would ask. Why do you think a deal that was specifically put together to suit Norway's GDP breakdown, International trade, and national interests would be better than the deal Britain has negotiated over the last 40 years to suit Britain's GDP breakdown, International trade and national interests, a completely different set of requirements ?

*edit*
(It's just that when I used to be in business, one my bigbug bears was companies and organisations that would ask me to do what I had done elsewhere, and I would have to explain that what I did was because of a certain set of requirements. And I don't think I ever found two sets of requirements so similar, that the exact same solution would fit both, the bigger the organisation the more so :wink:)

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
That's fair enough, but the one thing I would ask. Why do you think a deal that was specifically put together to suit Norway's GDP breakdown, International trade, and national interests would be better than the deal Britain has negotiated over the last 40 years to suit Britain's GDP breakdown, International trade and national interests, a completely different set of requirements ?
Well, I don't mean a copy of all the nuances of Norway's exact deal. I mean EFTA and EEA membership, tailored in any transition period to us.

Besides benefits of leaving ever closer union, the EU Parliament tier of democracy, the supposed EU army etc, the following Twitter thread absolutely SOLD me :

https://twitter.com/AdrianYalland/status/1073867169723756544?s=19

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Well, I don't mean a copy of all the nuances of Norway's exact deal. I mean EFTA and EEA membership, tailored in any transition period to us.

Besides benefits of leaving ever closer union, the EU Parliament tier of democracy, the supposed EU army etc, the following Twitter thread absolutely SOLD me :

https://twitter.com/AdrianYalland/status/1073867169723756544?s=19

I think that twitter thread puts some very good points forward for a Norway deal, I suspect from a Norway deal supporter trying to prove that we could have as much influence out of the EU as in. I'm afraid that is fundamentally wrong.

There is no doubt that Britain has far more power to steer from within the EU than in a 'Norway style' relationship. We currently have the ability to veto or opt out of any closer union, as we have for the last 40 years and yet still remain one of the most powerful influences on the most powerful trading bloc in the world.

I'm glad you said 'the supposed EU army' as I think this is veering into 'straight bananas' and 'people not being deported because they have a cat' territory.

Any excuse :lolol:

Maybe we will just have to agree to disagree :)

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Therefore is it time to separate archive this thread and start two new threads one exclusively for Remainers and the other exclusively for Leavers this way individuals can express views exclusively with all the individuals who agree with them.

Echo chambers are arguably one of the main reasons why we're in this mess in the first place, I'm afraid.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Why would we retry and come up with a deal for leavers such as yourself, you are a small minority

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think that twitter thread puts some very good points forward for a Norway deal, I suspect from a Norway deal supporter trying to prove that we could have as much influence out of the EU as in. I'm afraid that is fundamentally wrong.

There is no doubt that Britain has far more power to steer from within the EU than in a 'Norway style' relationship. We currently have the ability to veto or opt out of any closer union, as we have for the last 40 years and yet still remain one of the most powerful influences on the most powerful trading bloc in the world.

I'm glad you said 'the supposed EU army' as I think this is veering into 'straight bananas' and 'people not being deported because they have a cat' territory.

Any excuse :lolol:

Maybe we will just have to agree to disagree :)

Nasty, vicious, evil old bitch.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Indeed. I'm surprised half the regulars haven't been banned from the thread for consistent abuse.

:lol: It's not the worst idea floating about.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That would be wrong, but they didn't say that did they?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
It's great news portslade. A bit like being on the Titanic and reading there was Filet mignon and French ice cream for dinner.

But your bad news hasn't actually happened yet. It's all supposition of what might/could or never happen. I bet none of you will ever admit you were wrong if things stay positive after Brexit it's just not in your constitution's.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here