Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

D

Deleted member 2719

Paedophiles & rapists are not confined to nationalities. I used to work in the ministry of justice department & despite what the papers tell you, over 90% of both are no stranger related, but in a domestic environment.
Where did I say that they were confined to nationalities, what I am saying we are letting unknown people across our borders and this has happened for too long now. What about the eastern European's that have been scanning our cash points for years. Crime is rife and prisons are full the door needs to be ajar not wide open. My job is to protect my young children and wife but with these unknowns walking along the side of the road with a ruck sacks on their back and looking lost, with this happening on a regular basis something not right.

Time for change, ten years to late but time to change things.

Vote Leave and breakout from that stayed routine.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
We also have a lot of good youth.....how many young Spaniards are out of work, great this EU ain't it.

Spain's got different problems (one of the main ones being that they're in the Euro).

I agree we have a lot of good youth, but we also have three quarters of a million job vacancies at the moment. There are plenty of jobs (in the UK) for those who want them.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
The problem with the "one in, one out" thing is that the Brits leaving are retired, and otherwise a drain on our resources - whereas the arrivals are younger, and eager for work. So - under your system we will end up with more old people needing the care, attention, and resources of the NHS, and fewer young people who would contribute to the economy. This whole referendum has got completely, depressingly out of hand. We will possibly/probably vote Brexit, and then find that we needed all these hard working Poles after all. Not to mention Germans, French, Spanish, Italians, Irish, etc - who actually out-number Eastern European migrants. And - although you could accuse me of being unpatriotic - in my long experience, there are huge numbers of "our youth" who are completely uninterested in training, or learning a trade. The average Pole, German or Spaniard puts our lot to shame.

Many of those British leaving have worked all their lives and paid there dues please don't make them out to be scroungers to suit your argument

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I know that if we leave the EU, my wife and I will lose our jobs. Among our friends we are the only ones in that position.
However, after answering the quiz truthfully I'm 61% out, and that I believe demonstrates the real problem.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Many of those British leaving have worked all their lives and paid there dues please don't make them out to be scroungers to suit your argument

Where did I do that? I'm simply pointing out that they would, in future, most likely be a drain on our resources...that's what happens when you get old! If you can see a factual inaccuracy in my argument, I'd be happy to try to rectify it.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Sorry i couldn't help myself, so many remain voters think that the Leave voters are so brain dead and can only believe in every thing the paper says, i just thought i would be a tad sarcastic in suggesting that it was the leave immigration plans!

You mean you are unable to provide a link to the leave campaign's immigration plans.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I see 2 on going problems. Further immigration and the lack of democracy.
Within the EU, there is no way to stop 150,000-200,000 EU citizens coming every year if they want.
We do not elect (nor can we unelect) the Commisioners nor the President. This stinks of nepotism the whole way through; abuse of expenses (far worse than that which caused the outcry in the UK), and jobs for the boys. Even Neil bloody Kinnock is earning nearly £2m pa.

You're right, we don't elect commissioners nor the president, the same that we don't elect members of our civil service or even, for that matter, who we want to be Prime Minister. There is a commissioner for each member state and they are given, for want of a better word, a portfolio. It is their job to establish what laws the member states want to introduce and then to draft the law. They do not, as Brexit seem to suggest, sit away in locked towers coming up with their own hair brained schemes that every country is against but must abide by. MEPs then vote on the laws. In terms of reimbursement, then I agree there may well be serious grounds for review. As for Kinnock, I don't like the man but are you sure he is earning £2m a year from the EU?

Last edited:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Where did I do that? I'm simply pointing out that they would, in future, most likely be a drain on our resources...that's what happens when you get old! If you can see a factual inaccuracy in my argument, I'd be happy to try to rectify it.

I would rather my taxes go to those most likely to be a "drain" (poor choice of phrase imo) than wasting billions of SOME foreign aid and other wastes of money.
Lest we forget that a lot of these "drains" have nest eggs which they spend in the economy, and have paid their dues over many years.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

But they have paid into the system and are entitled to what they receive . That is not a drain. Most would have private pensions anyway.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Apparently Voteleave are not lovers of freedom and democracy we're "insular, self-obsessed, nostalgic and mean-spirited." When the argument is lost, the insults start. ...... remarks thrown at some like minded souls in the pub tonight.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Sorry i couldn't help myself, so many remain voters think that the Leave voters are so brain dead and can only believe in every thing the paper says, i just thought i would be a tad sarcastic in suggesting that it was the leave immigration plans!

The worrying thing is that it's believable.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Let's not abandon our allies. Der Spiegel made a good case a few days ago (Please don't go - http://www.spiegel.de/politik/ausland/comment-on-brexit-it-s-smarter-to-stay-a-1096929.html) , here a dutch magazine makes a an impassioned plea -

Hello Britain,

This is your neighbour calling. Please don't leave us. Of course, there will always be a Great Britain, anchored only 20 miles from the continent. England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, we feel at ease in your amazing country.

Since our King William III (of Orange) married your Queen Marry II (of England) we have been related anyway.

Nobody in Europe appreciates your culture more than we do. The Beatles, Bridget Jones, One Direction, EastEnders, Brideshead Rivisited, we love it all. Many of us know Monty Python's Dead Parrot sketch by heart.

We admire your stiff upper lip. And every year we remember, with the greatest respect, all those who have fallen to liberate our country.

Now you are thinking of leaving us. Sailing out your floating country towards distant shores, so says your largest newspaper, The Sun. Talking as a Dutch uncle, we have to tell you this is not a good idea.

We not only love you, we need you. Who else supports us in keeping some common sense on this turbulent continent of ours? An EU without the UK would be like tea without milk. Bitter. So please, stay. Stay with us.

http://www.ad.nl/nieuws/oproep-aan-de-britten-please-don-t-leave-us~ab721864/

A staggering 80 per cent of people surveyed by a national newspaper in the Netherlands believe the UK should take back control from Brussels on June 23.

The sensational poll, carried out by De Telegraaf, lays bare their anger towards the EU amid the refugee crisis and concerns over the Eurozone.

Many hope Brexit will deal a crushing blow to the doomed European project, which the front page of the paper brands a "monster".

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Bizarre post. Completely ignores whether the national identity and culture of Britain is worth protecting. All about money and economics. A country is much more than about how much money it can make. Its history and unique identity. So many people hate cultural imperialism, but our culture is under threat through the steady erosion of these things. We also only have a small country with a very high population density. Will you only be happy when all the green is covered up?

Sent from the boot of Lingard

That national identity that has been evolving since the Romans, Angles, Saxons, Vikings, Normans etc etc all took a liking to our green and pleasant land!!!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
That national identity that has been evolving since the Romans, Angles, Saxons, Vikings, Normans etc etc all took a liking to our green and pleasant land!!!
Yes, that identity which has for the most part evolved SLOWLY over thousands of years.

Sent from the boot of Lingard

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
But they have paid into the system and are entitled to what they receive . That is not a drain. Most would have private pensions anyway.

Agreed but even with no private pension the country still owes them. That was the deal agreed between people and government. Work, pay taxes and we (the country) will provide you with a state pension when you can no longer work. 'Whelchers and shysters' get warned off when cheating begins.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
A staggering 80 per cent of people surveyed by a national newspaper in the Netherlands believe the UK should take back control from Brussels on June 23.

The sensational poll, carried out by De Telegraaf, lays bare their anger towards the EU amid the refugee crisis and concerns over the Eurozone.

Many hope Brexit will deal a crushing blow to the doomed European project, which the front page of the paper brands a "monster".

PM_2016.06.07_brexit-07.png

http://www.pewglobal.org/2016/06/07/euroskepticism-beyond-brexit/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here