Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Huge, massive boost for camp Leave, biggest newspaper in the country

"the Sun comes out fighting for Britain to shake off the EU as four new polls all have leave pulling ahead of remain"

Time to panic, Remain?

Yup.

I don't want to be stuck on this Island with the Right Wing of the Tory Party, Farage..... and Murdoch.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Let's face it Remain keep scoring own goals with their persistence in not giving clear and believable arguments on how they are going to stop immigration.

And there lies the problem, it is all about immigration and most of it is very ignorant.
There are many other aspects to consider.
Nobody detests Cameron more than me but to let Boris, Gove and IDS have their way is a chance I am not going to take.
Whatever the outcome Cameron will still be PM and you know what he is like when he does not get his own way.
If anyone thinks the saved money will go anywhere near the NHS they are wrong and I fear for workers rights.
Long term I will sit back and watch the Tories implode, we will soon have another GE.
Selfish I know, because this country still needs to be run and leaving EU will put the brakes on that for some time. It's going to be a mess whatever the result.

Sadly I think that whichever way the poll goes it will lead to an unholy political mess that will do no one any good, and that buffoon Johnson as PM. In or out is increasingly looking like "would you rather be shot or poisoned".

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Deluded really, thanks for that, read above i have actually overstated in this case because nothing gets done, we need a tough control of our borders.

Why do we need tough control? I prefer some foreigners to home grown.
We are all people. None are better or worse than others.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Hmm surely we should do the opposite to what the sun tells us..

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Sadly I think that whichever way the poll goes it will lead to an unholy political mess that will do no one any good, and that buffoon Johnson as PM. In or out is increasingly looking like "would you rather be shot or poisoned".

PM Osborne much more likely if we vote remain ...... shot, poisoned or hung?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I'm glad people are finally starting to think like me after being shot down for weeks

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
And there lies the problem, it is all about immigration and most of it is very ignorant.
There are many other aspects to consider.
Nobody detests Cameron more than me but to let Boris, Gove and IDS have their way is a chance I am not going to take.
Whatever the outcome Cameron will still be PM and you know what he is like when he does not get his own way.
If anyone thinks the saved money will go anywhere near the NHS they are wrong and I fear for workers rights.
Long term I will sit back and watch the Tories implode, we will soon have another GE.
Selfish I know, because this country still needs to be run and leaving EU will put the brakes on that for some time. It's going to be a mess whatever the result.

People also think if we vote leave, it will happen in months. It will take years to sort out.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Should the vote be a close victory for the "leave" campaign (say, 52%-48%) I would be very surprised if the subsequent negotiations didn't result in a revised offer to the UK and a further in/out vote a year or two down the line.

I appreciate that many politicians have stated that this is a one time vote but I simply do not believe them. The European Union can ill afford to lose one of its primary net contributors and the loss of the UK could run the risk of the entire project unravelling. I would expect a final scramble from the remaining nations to try and keep us on board.

I'll caveat this. It's pure speculation on my part and I have no inside sources to back any of this up. However, does it sound that unlikely?

Yes, it does sound unlikely because it's not going to happen. The vote's a very simple one, leave or remain. What's the point of having a further referendum? It'll smack of desperation and be easily and rightly exploited by the leavers if this were to happen.
You are right that that it's pure speculation on your behalf though.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Three months ago every single British MEP, of every political persuasion, voted against EU legislation on port services that would damage the relatively small ports we have in the UK. They still lost...... where is your democratic voice there then?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Three months ago every single British MEP, of every political persuasion, voted against EU legislation on port services that would damage the relatively small ports we have in the UK. They still lost...... where is your democratic voice there then?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I know having a snearing, condescending contempt for Sun readers is very on message but It may be possible that the Sun's readers are more likely to have seen and been effected by the consequences of mass immigration ... just a thought.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
Why do we need tough control? I prefer some foreigners to home grown.
We are all people. None are better or worse than others.

Who said migrants are worse? Have you not worked out mass migration is something we cannot cope with?
As for migration to the UK it will continue however we will choose who comes in.

As for those Poles,Bulgarians,Romanians etc,maybe these talented hard working youths will choose not to abandon their countries
and stay and try to make their homelands a better place.Maybe their inept goverments will push for economic success and
give their youth a reason to stay.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
You really are deluded if you think leaving the EU will stop immigration.
It won't stop immigration.... nobody wants to stop immigration, Brexit will see controls placed on the overall numbers,... because we will be allowed to limit the numbers who currently troop in legally from the EU... it's simple maths,.. even you as a fanatical Remainer should be able to work that one out...... CONTROL NOT STOP

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Assuming they had the same vote as everybody else that voted, how is this not democratic? The party I vote for rarely win.... this doesn't mean that i don't have a vote and it doesn't mean that the process is not democratic.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
The Sun backs Leave

You have to be a total simpleton to vote one way or another purely to spite a newspaper .

In fact if you're that thick you probably shouldn't be allowed to vote at all

Sent from my Nokia 3110

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Who said migrants are worse? Have you not worked out mass migration is something we cannot cope with?
As for migration to the UK it will continue however we will choose who comes in.

As for those Poles,Bulgarians,Romanians etc,maybe these talented hard working youths will choose not to abandon their countries
and stay and try to make their homelands a better place.Maybe their inept goverments will push for economic success and
give their youth a reason to stay.

There are many more immigrants than Europeans. Do you really think that bureaucracy & red tape will sort out who can come in & who can't?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here