Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
WTF did you expect, 'what parts of our club would you like to cherry-pick ?'

So what do you think we should do now, chequers or 'no deal' ?

It will be a mix, chequers is dead but another deal will come to the fore utilising the best for both with add ons. All this talk of a no deal is hot air from both sides. They still want that money

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Bollocks. We knew the rules. If you become a member of a private nightclub for example, and you leave, would you expect to go back a week later saying, but I only want to get food from the restaurant and go, would you be surprised if they told you to feck off? If yes then its your problem. Not the EU's.The EU stated their case from the beginning. Brexiteers still don't get it.

Depends how desperate they are for the money. The EU seem to be circa 39Billion I beleive

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
If there was any glimmer of hope, Chunt today comparing the EU to USSR has upset Sweden, Estonia and Latvia to name just three and has been described as deeply offensive. So any hope of a deal has just gone out of the window as there is no way they will vote for any deal.

So go home to your constituencies and prepare for chaos.

He's taken a chapter out of the Boris Book of How to Win Friends and Influence People...………..

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Report of Hammond's speech at the tory conference:

But Hammond insisted that a deal was still possible on the terms outlined by Theresa May in her Chequers plan, which would result in a boost to growth and a “deal dividend” that would allow him to cut taxes, support public services, reduce the budget deficit and invest in the country’s future.
The chancellor said the Treasury’s austerity programme would come under attack from what he called “populists and demagogues” among Corbyn’s supporters but said his approach would retain the backing of the public.

I thought he could add up, but I'm not sure how he squares a 'deal dividend' with continuing austerity? (I think any 'deal dividend' would simply be a function of markets' relief that May's deal is better than no deal. So even if it happens it wouldn't be a Brexit dividend but a kind of Brexit-damage-limitation dividend.)

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It will be a mix, chequers is dead but another deal will come to the fore utilising the best for both with add ons. All this talk of a no deal is hot air from both sides. They still want that money

By mix, I assume you mean that chequers will be further 'softened' until the EU agree it ?

Unless you mean that they need us more than we need them again :lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
http://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/201...-warning-shows-insanity-of-anti-immigrant-bre

Here is a simple and unassailable fact: If there's a no-deal Brexit, you need a hell of a lot more vets. This is because of the EU certification system. Countries really care where their food comes from because it has the possibility of creating public health disasters like mad cow disease or foot-and-mouth. So they need certificates from trusted exporting countries showing they've got clean facilities, are treating the animals well and that the whole process has been checked by an independent vet.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

That's not what the FT thinks. This is from January 2017.

[tweet]1046623558410141696[/tweet]

Jan 30, 2008
Bollocks. We knew the rules. If you become a member of a private nightclub for example, and you leave, would you expect to go back a week later saying, but I only want to get food from the restaurant and go, would you be surprised if they told you to feck off? If yes then its your problem. Not the EU's.The EU stated their case from the beginning. Brexiteers still don't get it.
we ? you're just as sad as old tubthumper ............….we're on our way :bigwave:
regards
DR

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The reality is we're leaving , hardly rocket science but difficult for some to comprehend , never mind not long now
regards
DR

You have no idea about the reality of Brexit. Anyway, you're a spoof account that nobody is taking seriously so crack on.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I suspect that the Tory leadership are trying to 'out-Boris' Boris and spike his guns. The stream of anti-EU invective has been predictable. As experts in 'muddling though' this is just their way of muddling through the conference, I guess.
Project Blame has now started.

Jan 30, 2008
http://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/201...-warning-shows-insanity-of-anti-immigrant-bre

Here is a simple and unassailable fact: If there's a no-deal Brexit, you need a hell of a lot more vets. This is because of the EU certification system. Countries really care where their food comes from because it has the possibility of creating public health disasters like mad cow disease or foot-and-mouth. So they need certificates from trusted exporting countries showing they've got clean facilities, are treating the animals well and that the whole process has been checked by an independent vet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIctvBIhZ9w
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here