Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
To stepping off the sinking ship.It been holed below the water line.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why can’t you ever give a proper and sensible answer to anything?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I’ve met many people like you, cock sure and arrogant to the core, until you need some help then you start weaseling.

There are the patriots of Brexit and those that are just out for themselves. I numbers of leavers are showing their dark side

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Pound back below 1.30, Liam Fox doing his bit. Or perhaps its all Mark Carney's fault, if you listen to the likes of the Telegraph that is...

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Project fear still going then. Why do you take glee in someone losing their job to prove a point. Serious question just need to understand

Please establish the 'glee quotient' in my posting - serious question (as was my original one which you didn't respond to). I even acknowledged that some of the alleged links between current job losses and Brexit could be arguable. Some people might infer that as a fair and reasonable statement.

I've previously asked for Brexiteers to identify sectors of the UK economy which would benefit from leaving. Serious question.

I think on the economic stuff you might as well give up any defence because there simply isn't one, or perhaps it gets lost in the post. There's no shame in admitting (or acknowledging) that

a) there are going to be net economic disadvantages to leaving;

b) these might be just short to medium term;

c) but the overall effect on the country is worth it or even

d) I have not really got a clue what's going to happen (because let's face no-one is totally sure of anything)

But your current position doesn't move the argument on very far - it fact it just encourages leavers to keep presenting the unfolding picture of gloom that makes your position look less and less tenable. It's a bit like King Canute (actually, I believe, spelt '****' but that might be a bit provocative in the circumstances!) denying the incoming tide.

None of the Leavers has any coherent economic analysis beyond - "well, Project Fear got it wrong first time around". I'll give up trying to tease it out of you with my 'serious' questions but I'd appreciate it if you would desist from the tiresome trotting out of the assertion that Leavers somehow relish the idea of their fellow countrymen losing their livelihoods: if we leave under any circumstances I for one hope that it turns out well. Hope I've clarified the matter in an appropriately serious and considered fashion.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
You seem a bit uncertain of yourself. Whats up? If you do not understand the question, I will type it slowly for you.
Where is the UK heading?

The UK is heading out of the EU(I refer to the EU as a sinking ship,it is .)
The UK will prosper outside the EU.
I believe at its first conception the Common Market of 9 nations was fundamentally a good idea.Since then the EU has become a bloated,corrupt,all consuming,bully boy.
WE ARE ON OUR WAY.
And I for 1 (17.2 million actually) cannot wait.
In short the UK is heading to prosperity,other nations will follow.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I believe at its first conception the Common Market of 9 nations was fundamentally a good idea.Since then the EU has become a bloated,corrupt,all consuming,bully boy.
WE ARE ON OUR WAY.

I see. Heading for prosperity. When all around you is crashing about your ears, most sane people dont consider it to be 'prosperity'. Like a lot of leavers, you are basically a fantasist, with no clue about the future. Thanks for your vote. The youth of the country will be thanking people like you for generations. Im sure.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
WE ARE ON OUR WAY.

Um: 6 original nations in the EEC. I only mention this as your credentials are not enhanced by a pretty basic error.:drink:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I do apologise Herbert,I thought it was 9,can I change my vote now?
I’m feeling a bit tearful as I think I’ve made a HUGE mistake..

I think youre a fool, but thats neither here nor there. When does this 'prosperity' begini? Will it be in my daughters lifetime, or my granddaughters/grandsons lifetime? or longer?

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I see. Heading for prosperity. When all around you is crashing about your ears, most sane people dont consider it to be 'prosperity'. Like a lot of leavers, you are basically a fantasist, with no clue about the future. Thanks for your vote. The youth of the country will be thanking people like you for generations. Im sure.

As the late Tony Benn once said “For a government to control people first it must frighten them,once they are frightened demoralise them.”
I’m not frightened or demoralised.This country stood alone against Nazism for ****s sake,grow a backbone,the future is very bright.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
As the late Tony Benn once said “For a government to control people first it must frighten them,once they are frightened demoralise them.”
I’m not frightened or demoralised.This country stood alone against Nazism for ****s sake,grow a backbone,the future is very bright.

So, basically, you dont have an answer...ie no idea.
Let me put the question in another way. When will the future be 'very bright'? In my daughters lifetime, or my granddaugher/grandsons lifetime, or longer? Its a fairly simple question.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
If people are relying on the 'blitz' spirit, we are ****ed.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...cken-shortage-dhl-tower-hamlets-a8220321.html

https://www.irishexaminer.com/break...complain-about-mushrooms-on-pizza-859045.html

50% of our trade is with Europe. We will now have to pay more for products, our products will prove to be more expensive. Not sure where there is any 'prosperity' in that. We are not an industrial nation anymore, 80% service. Maybe some fabulous trade deai with... who?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here