Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
When the Facts Change, Corbyn Changes His Mind.......and no don't ask me what facts, ask Corbyn

Hmmm, someones tired.
I just thought that as you stated that Corbyn could "hold his head high" , i thought that had he stuck to his principles and views, then yes the head could be held high.
I believe a lot of his Lefty supporters are not best pleased at his stance, which is why we have heard precious little from Labour really.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What's there to understand? Immigration immigration immigration.
I understand that. The talk of better business and trading is total codswallop.

So you've just stated that the remainers' only argument, or at least the only one they like to keep repeating as 'facts', is total codswallop. Good. I agree with you, it is.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Just so long as we don't go for the German model of regional parliaments-utterly mired in corruption and inertia[/QUOTE]

WASH your mouth out with soap! :lolol:

Everything is perfect over there, we even have an ''informed'' poster to PROVE it.

Yeah he could probably waffle his way through Stuttgart 21,but he would be hard pressed to explain why BER airport still isn't completed,after 10 years.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
i dont know exactly how old you are but before you were born and before we signed up to free movement you didnt need a visa to enter France.
And you wont need one to enter france after a brexit either,you will still be able to go on day trips to Calais and have a holiday in Normandy visa free......to say otherwise is very uninformed

Actually, you can't say that - we don't know. If we're not signing up to free movement of people, then the EU can impose whatever they like. Just because we didn't need visas 50 years ago doesn't mean we wouldn't need visas in two years time. The risk of having to apply for a visa to go on holiday in Europe is one of those little details that the Brexit camp doesn't want to highlight, funnily enough. But I don't imagine Vote Leave types will be too upset, seeing as how much they hate the EU. It's just the rest of us who will suffer....

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Actually, you can't say that - we don't know. If we're not signing up to free movement of people, then the EU can impose whatever they like. Just because we didn't need visas 50 years ago doesn't mean we wouldn't need visas in two years time. The risk of having to apply for a visa to go on holiday in Europe is one of those little details that the Brexit camp doesn't want to highlight, funnily enough. But I don't imagine Vote Leave types will be too upset, seeing as how much they hate the EU. It's just the rest of us who will suffer....

We leavers suffer from permanent mass migration the trouble is they are here to stay unlike holiday types.....remember 330000 more people will enter the UK than leave within the year.i hope you welcome any new housing developments and are not opposed......might be a bigger longer ques for the trains and planes for those holidays too..remember not to complain about the delays...

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
We leavers suffer from permanent mass migration the trouble is they are here to stay unlike holiday types.....remember 330000 more people will enter the UK than leave within the year.i hope you welcome any new housing developments and are not opposed......might be a bigger longer ques for the trains and planes for those holidays too..remember not to complain about the delays...

Plane queues - best reason to vote leave I've heard yet.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
That's the problem with the Brexit camp - fixated about immigration, and sod the consequences

Not really Jim, a bit of a sweeping statement, one that many of the Remainers love to use.
Much has been put up about the cost, the waste, the laws, the propping up of countries, the treatment of Greece, other EU countries in turmoil, the large bailouts, the unelected that make and set the rules, the future countries about to join the club..........and more.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
You can only use that argument if you can say exactly what those deals would be. What would each trade deal look like compared with through the EU?
Without that all you are saying is "we COULD get better deals" which is not the same as showing you WILL.

If the uk votes leave a few others may or may not follow us if they do then the EU might have to rethink it's way of operation we might get a better deal with the very EU post brexit than could possibly be imagined at this stage.....

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West

No -the good news is that you Leavers will benefit from immigration, just like the rest of us! And remember, the correct figure for net EU migration is 185k, not 330k. Just another little "error" which the Brexit camp like to make. Non-EU migration to the UK has ALWAYS been higher than EU migration.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Plane queues - best reason to vote leave I've heard yet.

Ok :lolol:.....fighting through the traffic to get to the airports if you will

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I agree that's their stated position although if Corbyn had held to his life long principles he would be in the Leave camp. Perhaps he feels slightly uncomfortable standing shoulder to shoulder with bankers , big business and the Tory Government all warmly applauding him, patting him on the back as he says the EU is great for protecting workers.

Are you sure he'd be in the Leave camp? I know you like claim every square inch of the high ground for Brexit but consider...

"We have Britain's membership of the EU to thank not just for steps forward in disabled people's rights and opportunities, but also in relation to the prohibition of age discrimination, maternity rights, equal pay and ensuring our safety at work, We are all better protected and our lives made better by the EU's laws and regulations.

"What the Leave campaign promises is a bonfire of these hard-won rights, unravelling decades of progress that would not have been made were it not for Britain's membership of the European Union."

Four signatories to a letter to The Times this morning, including Baroness Grey-Thompson.

Since the last European referendum we have had governments of various colours, including almost a quarter of a century of Conservative-led administrations. I for one don't think progress have been the same without our membership of the EU. Perhaps Mr Corbyn feels the same.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
You can only use that argument if you can say exactly what those deals would be. What would each trade deal look like compared with through the EU?
Without that all you are saying is "we COULD get better deals" which is not the same as showing you WILL.

Out of interest why are you so against the UK having the freedom to trade with any nation or market in the world, some of them the fastest growing and most dynamic ... when it wants and only taking into account the UK interest? Rather than waiting for 28 nations to agree to start a deal and diluting our interests to cater for 28 alternate positions just to make an overall agreement?

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Not really Jim, a bit of a sweeping statement, one that many of the Remainers love to use.
Much has been put up about the cost, the waste, the laws, the propping up of countries, the treatment of Greece, other EU countries in turmoil, the large bailouts, the unelected that make and set the rules, the future countries about to join the club..........and more.

I realise it was a sweeping statement - apologies - but tbh every time I turn on the radio or tv, all I hear is Boris or Farage moaning on about immigrants. I have always been marginally pro-EU, but the past month or so has turned me into a 110% Europhile, because I am absolutely fed up of all the anti-immigrant stuff. If the debate had been more focussed on the real problems with the EU I might have been wavering....

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Hmmm, someones tired.
I just thought that as you stated that Corbyn could "hold his head high" , i thought that had he stuck to his principles and views, then yes the head could be held high.
I believe a lot of his Lefty supporters are not best pleased at his stance, which is why we have heard precious little from Labour really.

Corbyn is the Labour leader. If he changes his mind then so be it. The best leaders adapt. Promising signs for Labour supporters

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Out of interest why are you so against the UK having the freedom to trade with any nation or market in the world, some of them the fastest growing and most dynamic ... when it wants and only taking into account the UK interest? Rather than waiting for 28 nations to agree to start a deal and diluting our interests to cater for 28 alternate positions just to make an overall agreement?

I think the general view is that the EU represents almost half of our export market, and that the risk of tariff imposition is going to be costly. We will still be free to trade with the EU, but there will be tariffs, and we will still have to adhere to all their rules. It's a lose/lose scenario.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
No -the good news is that you Leavers will benefit from immigration, just like the rest of us! And remember, the correct figure for net EU migration is 185k, not 330k. Just another little "error" which the Brexit camp like to make. Non-EU migration to the UK has ALWAYS been higher than EU migration.

EU migration has potential to grow bigger (it is) whilst non Eu numbers are falling (they are).......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here