Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Well as this latest trade war kicks off I'm just glad we're protected from the worst by being part of a major trading bloc

Sorry, we've done what? ???

:lolol: That crystal ball back in play I see. Big trade block or supposed weaker individual nations, we are all are getting the same new tariffs... being a member of the EU made zero difference.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
:lolol: That crystal ball back in play I see. Big trade block or supposed weaker individual nations, we are all are getting the same new tariffs... being a member of the EU made zero difference.

Well the EU are already targeting the US state marginals with their response for the trade war as you would expect any major political power to do.

I think our best bet would be to remind them that one of ours married one of theirs. That'll definitely swing it ???

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Well the EU are already targeting the US state marginals with their response for the trade war as you would expect any major political power to do.

I think our best bet would be to remind them that one of ours married one of theirs. That'll definitely swing it ???

The long-held (perhaps understandable) view that bigger is always better when it comes to trade disputes isn't working out so far. EU, Mexico, Canada, all getting the same treatment. Funnily enough, I think a close Ally that poses no significant economic threat, with a special relationship, willing to play a smart diplomatic game would be less likely to get shafted in a Trump induced trade war. :shrug:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The long-held (perhaps understandable) view that bigger is always better when it comes to trade disputes isn't working out so far. EU, Mexico, Canada, all getting the same treatment. Funnily enough, I think a close Ally that poses no significant economic threat, with a special relationship, willing to play a smart diplomatic game would be less likely to get shafted in a Trump induced trade war. :shrug:

You seem to be the only person in the world willing to predict Donald Trump’s erratic mind. Good luck.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I am sorry but that post is your most desperate yet. Would it not be better to just accept the inevitable. (I really am trying to help :smile:)

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I am sorry but the that post is your most desperate yet. Would it not be better to just accept the inevitable. (I really am trying to help :smile:)

Blimey .. the reality is being an EU member has provided no extra protection or deterrent (may even have made us more of a target) yet you still came on here proclaiming being part of this trade block is essential. When the US punishes the UK or other individual nations more than the EU you may have a point until then ....

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Blimey .. the reality is being an EU member has provided no extra protection or deterrent (may even have made us more of a target) yet you still came on here proclaiming being part of this trade block is essential. When the US punishes the UK or other individual nations more than the EU you may have a point until then ....

I have no experience, but I think I'm starting to know what it feels like to be a psychiatrist

But, there again, you may really be Napoleon :wink:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
You seem to be the only person in the world willing to predict Donald Trump’s erratic mind. Good luck.

Thanks! I was only offering an alternative pov not making a prediction to a definite outcome. Just a suggestion to the #teameu crew that being a member of a major trade block (more of a threat) can have diasadvantages as well as benefits.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
*cough* Still waiting for a reply to my substantive point that got somewhat sidetracked.

Is the EU with its central goal of ever closer union, a help or hindrance* in combatting the rising popularity of more extreme political parties across Europe?

*Should have added 'or a major contributing factor' - see the correct answer.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
*cough* Still waiting for a reply to my substantive point that got somewhat sidetracked.

Personally I've found myself worrying about the world in the last couple of days too - Don't. Remember the 90's - Wasnt the 1990's so much better?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Personally I've found myself worrying about the world in the last couple of days too - Don't. Remember the 90's - Wasnt the 1990's so much better?

Bangin 'tune' MoS and yes the 90's were better .. mainly because I was a lot younger, having a lot of fun and didn't really care about politics. :rave:

astralavi

Apr 6, 2017

Is the EU with its central goal of ever closer union, a help or hindrance* in combatting the rising popularity of more extreme political parties across Europe?

Define 'goal of ever closer union'

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Bangin 'tune' MoS and yes the 90's were better .. mainly because I was a lot younger, having a lot of fun and didn't really care about politics. :rave:

Exactly. I'm still to decide the intellectual argument between Numan or Buchanan:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Define 'goal of ever closer union'

See numerous EU treaties enshrining ever closer union as a goal. Flag, anthem, currency, constitution, collective centralising decision making increased every time a new treaty is signed. Name one EU treaty that has returned more powers to nation states?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

absolutly agree on that.

(but why post a youtube to a dodgy commercial remix from the 00's?)

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Possibly the most significant question ever asked on this thread ... who was your favourite Sugababe?

No problem at all. Keisha. She was The Sugababes. Face facts - This was the best debut single since The Beatles and 'Love me do'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here